When will we win our next Premier League Title?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Our last Title was 2012/13 so it will be 11 years without one this year.

I thought it would be fun to try and guess when our next Title will be. We can then look back at the predictions and see who was closest.

I'll go for 2054/55

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
After both the Glazers and Ratcliffe have gone.

Of course given Rat’s age, if he at some point does takeover Utd properly, he might well pass away and leave Utd to his kids as Malcom Glazer did.

So essentially, when the club is no longer in Glazer or Ratcliffe hands - or the hands of their offspring.

Maybe around the 2040s if I had to guess.

Dannn411

I'm going to be bold and say 2028/2029. Somehow we will turn it around at some point in the next 5 years.

Seveneric

Now that the Sheikh is out, I predict never, but with relegation and the club entering into administration within the next 5 years :(

El Zoido

We will never win it again. Other teams have overtaken us, not just one team, but multiple. Now we have confirmation that the Glazer regime will continue, so will our gradual slide in to irrelevance.

Steve 007

This year
We’ll do city 6-1. Arsenal will do Arsenal and fold against themselves and Liverpool will do a month either Jan or Feb without points. Spurs will revert to type, Newcastle will show the lack of strength in depth.

Big Andy

Bloke
After both the Glazers and Ratcliffe have gone.

Of course given Rat’s age, if he at some point does takeover Utd properly, he might well pass away and leave Utd to his kids as Malcom Glazer did.

So essentially, when the club is no longer in Glazer or Ratcliffe hands - or the hands of their offspring.

Maybe around the 2040s if I had to guess.
I like how you’ve completely written off INEOS (as that’s who it will be in reality) without even knowing ANYTHING about the structure of the deal, the future removal of the Glazers or literally anything remotely related to what they will do.

You’ve basically just come up with a scenario in your head and had a rant about it.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Never. By the time we're in any position to compete at the top, we'll be in a Super League rather than the PL.

snowvodka

We didn’t win one for 41 years after winning it in 1911 and didn’t win one for 26 years after the successful period under Busby till Sir Alex came around.

Also to note, only 3 managers have ever won the league title in United’s history.

I think it might be a while.

AndySmith1990

City and Liverpool will have overtaken our PL record by the time we're back up there. The ownership situation will continue to feck us over for many years to come

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Not in SAF lifetime and possibly not in mine either. Things I feel will get a whole lot worse than they are and have been this lastv10 years

dinostar77

Our last Title was 2012/13 so it will be 11 years without one this year.

I thought it would be fun to try and guess when our next Title will be. We can then look back at the predictions and see who was closest.

I'll go for 2054/55
have the glazers sold the club in 2053?

parasites

dinostar77

Not in SAF lifetime and possibly not in mine either. Things I feel will get a whole lot worse than they are and have been this lastv10 years
i think we need to start consistantly missing CL qualification for the situation to change.

Sparky Rhiwabon

have the glazers sold the club in 2053?

parasites
I’m thinking they will in maybe 10-15 years time, possibly after Big Jim retires or becomes mentally incapacitated. Then it will be a slow rebuilding process, possibly from the league below, like in the 70's

gajender

Within Next 3 years call me optimistic but Club of United's Stature and resources is always within the Cycle of 3 years to get things right and compete then anything can happen .

luke511

We’re not that far off. We just need a sporting director that has a brain and knows what it takes to build a title winning team. Hearing Ratcliffe’s plans to install a proper structure within the club is quite encouraging, the best thing he can do is replace Murtough to begin with. Once we start to build around players with a balance of great technique, passing and dribbling ability, like Mainoo and Amad, we’ll be on our way. Them along with the likes of Garnacho are the hottest young talents in football, if we spend the money sensibly I can see us giving it a good go within the next 5 years.

Von Mistelroum

I'm 46 and think it's very likely I'll never see us win a league title or Champions League again. I firmly believe that the new Glazers+ ownership will eventually end in the club essentially going bankrupt in 10+ years.

I definitely think relegation is more likely than a league title in our future. People will think this is dramatic, but we've seen a massive fall already, and we are cash strapped and in need of huge infrastructure changes as well as new players etc. I think we'll continue to see no real change in terms of the stadium, upper management and facilities over the next few years as we simply won't have the money or owners who care enough. The dire football will continue with manager after manager failing to perform under the poor setup until finally we've spent a few years in mid table and expectations are low. It'll be less of a shock to find ourselves in relegation battles after that.

dinostar77

I’m thinking they will in maybe 10-15 years time, possibly after Big Jim retires or becomes mentally incapacitated. Then it will be a slow rebuilding process, possibly from the league below, like in the 70's
relegation would get rid of the glazers.

Siorac

Never. By the time we're in any position to compete at the top, we'll be in a Super League rather than the PL.
Exactly this. I think our only hope of winning the Premier League ever again is that the Glazers damage the United brand enough that we don't get invited to the next attempt at creating a Super League. Then we might be able to eventually win what remains of the Premier League.

Otherwise, no chance, not in any of our lives. We simply aren't that club anymore.

Wing Attack Plan R

2028, with sanctions imposed against Man City.

Without sanctions, it will require harmonic convergence of finding hidden gems before they are outrageously expensive, a sporting director making all the right moves, the manager kicking against the pricks of misfortune and injuries, and for whatever collection of mercenaries we have assembled to form a footballing Voltron.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I like how you’ve completely written off INEOS (as that’s who it will be in reality) without even knowing ANYTHING about the structure of the deal, the future removal of the Glazers or literally anything remotely related to what they will do.

You’ve basically just come up with a scenario in your head and had a rant about it.
Not really pal, but cheers for the rude reply.

What I’ve done is take into account City, Newcastle, Liverpool, Arsenal and the likely notion of at least one more mega backed club and then compared them to the job the Glazers have done crossed with the job Ratcliffe’s done at all his other clubs.

And from that context, I cannot see how anyone on Earth thinks that Utd will topple ALL OF THE ABOVE TEAMS with that ownership.

So yeah, that’s my reasoning, and it’s based on what we absolutely do know about other clubs vs what we absolutely do know about the people running Utd.

Perhaps you think that when combined together, the Glazers and Ratcliffe will somehow become a super powerful and competent ownership coalition that can dismantle the other PL giants, and perhaps you’ll be right - but I think that is a laughable notion, based on the evidence at hand.

dinostar77

BBC Football article suggests INEOS want to run the sporting side of the club while glazers run the commerical side. That will never work.