When will we win our next Premier League Title?

RuudTom83

You could run the club in so many different ways, and some methods might result in snatching a league title once every 10 years...but realistically it will be a very very long time.

Which makes the meltdown after every matchday when the team losses even more ridiculous.

Prepare for a long wait...and hope to be surprised.

Answer 10+ years

Strangest Tribe

City will catch and overtake our total before we come anywhere near another one and that’s the sad reality of where we find ourselves as a club , incredible to think about really.

IrishMcD

I genuinely think, taking health into account, that I won’t see us winning it again in my life time. I cannot understand people celebrating the INOES deal. I understand being anti Qatar but that shouldn’t mean you automatically are pro INEOS. This move is gonna destroy us, I reckon in the next decade or two, City and Liverpool will have more trophies than us and left us far away in the rear view mirror. Genuinely believe the club is fecked for a long long long time

Son

There’s a bigger chance we become a mid table side than win titles in the next decade. We’ve become old news.

City winning all these titles I argue they’ll overtake us properly without cheating in about 5 years. Kids will grow up then that are seeing them dominate now. My cousin in London wears a Man City jersey and he’s 5.

We’ve had zero change in almost 20 years.

That takes some incredible levels of not giving a flying …. from owners.

el3mel

I genuinely think, taking health into account, that I won’t see us winning it again in my life time. I cannot understand people celebrating the INOES deal. I understand being anti Qatar but that shouldn’t mean you automatically are pro INEOS. This move is gonna destroy us, I reckon in the next decade or two, City and Liverpool will have more trophies than us and left us far away in the rear view mirror. Genuinely believe the club is fecked for a long long long time
I think we're gonna win PL again in my life time though I'm pretty sure the Champions League 2008 is the last time I would ever see United winning CL in my life.

K Stand Knut

There’s a bigger chance we become a mid table side than win titles in the next decade. We’ve become old news.

City winning all these titles I argue they’ll overtake us properly without cheating in about 5 years. Kids will grow up then that are seeing them dominate now. My cousin in London wears a Man City jersey and he’s 5.

We’ve had zero change in almost 20 years.

That takes some incredible levels of not giving a flying …. from owners.
how exactly do city ‘overtake us’ in 5 years??

More explanation needed

EDIT - and more so, how without cheating bearing in mind their entire modern day history is based on cheating

Telsim

With the Glazers staying as owners for the foreseeable future, I won't live to see it. Unless they have coverage on the other side. Then, maybe... 2066. That's pretty optimistic, I think.

IrishMcD

I think we're gonna win PL again in my life time though I'm pretty sure the Champions League 2008 is the last time I would ever see United winning CL in my life.
I’m prob a little bit older than us so I really can’t see ya winning either of the big two in the remaining years of my life. Think spurs or the scousers, or both, will get taken over soon and will have better infrastructure and more investment than us. Add that on top of city, newcastle and even arsenal, we are soon going to find ourselves miles behind in all aspects of a football club.
We need a Glazers gone, and debt gone, asap. Not gonna happen though in next 20 years

Son

how exactly do city ‘overtake us’ in 5 years??

More explanation needed

EDIT - and more so, how without cheating bearing in mind their entire modern day history is based on cheating
Yes it might be but they are absolutely killing us. It’s a slaughter whether they cheated or not.

You realise how many people are becoming city fans now? I see plenty of City shirts these days, don’t kid yourself. This isn’t the 90’s. Kids don’t care they are owned by a state.

They are already earning more than we are every year. Fake sponsorships or not it’s allowed. Trajectory guarantees they will sell a tonne of merchandise on top of it soon.

Add in their new commercial project planned by the stadium and outrageously good youth / training facilities they are killing us off the field. The best players youth and older go to City now.

They are starting to sell youth players they don’t need for 40m plus… How can we compete with a team that beats us in every single aspect of the sport? We can’t.

Hughes35

2035. Pep will leave city it a few years, tmjave another job fir a couple of seasons and then cone to utd in around 2032.

Paul778

Yes it might be but they are absolutely killing us. It’s a slaughter whether they cheated or not.

You realise how many people are becoming city fans now? I see plenty of City shirts these days, don’t kid yourself. This isn’t the 90’s. Kids don’t care they are owned by a state.

They are already earning more than we are every year. Fake sponsorships or not it’s allowed. Trajectory guarantees they will sell a tonne of merchandise on top of it soon.

Add in their new commercial project planned by the stadium and outrageously good youth / training facilities they are killing us off the field. The best players youth and older go to City now.

They are starting to sell youth players they don’t need for 40m plus… How can we compete with a team that beats us in every single aspect of the sport? We can’t.
Exactly.

How do you overtake a car on the motorway that is accelerating away from you?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
After both the Glazers and Ratcliffe have gone.

Of course given Rat’s age, if he at some point does takeover Utd properly, he might well pass away and leave Utd to his kids as Malcom Glazer did.

So essentially, when the club is no longer in Glazer or Ratcliffe hands - or the hands of their offspring.

Maybe around the 2040s if I had to guess.
Embarrassing stuff here as usual.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Embarrassing stuff here as usual.
Not sure what I’ve said that you specifically find so outlandish.

That’s exactly what happened with Malcom Glazer mate.

If Ratcliffe actually managed to complete a full takeover as I’m presuming you think he will, he’ll potentially be what, 75? 76?

Does he then just go on indefinitely while competing with far superior owners who aren’t OAPs? Seems fanciful.

And if he were to pass away I think it’s entirely logical to presume his sons would take the club over.

None of this really screams, ‘toppling City, Newcastle etc’ to me, thus 2040 is around 17 years away and I think by that point Utd might wriggle free from the Glazers and Ratcliffe / their offspring.

I’ll ask you this - when do you think Utd next win the PL? You see it happening under a Glazers / Jim Rat coalition? Really?

Last edited:

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Let's talk about more positive things.

Questions like this don't do anyone any good.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Probably after 20 more years.

RORY65

Probably not for a good while, maybe even a couple of decades, because sport is cyclical and we had an incredible run for 20 years and since then have made a lot of errors and therefore have not been able to compete. People talking about us being finished though are being absurd, Liverpool didn't win the league for 30 years, Arsenal haven't since 2004 and yet they're huge clubs and both in recent years have turned things around by being competent, United are such a big club and such a sporting institution that the odds are we will get our act together at some stage even if it might take a while.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Within Next 3 years call me optimistic but Club of United's Stature and resources is always within the Cycle of 3 years to get things right and compete then anything can happen .
Agreed. I think we can potentially win the league within 3 years if someone other than the Glazers is given the control on the football side of the club. And if Ratcliffe is stumping up in excess of £1.5bn for a stake in the club, then that should enable him to do a Josh Kroenke (Arsenal) and get rid of players like Maguire who was reportedly wanting a pay off.

I just hope someone like Lee Dykes is brought in to oversee recruitment. Paul Mitchell is being touted as someone who Ratcliffe will bring in but Mitchell has been a failure in his last 3 jobs. And he's only ever been
a DoF at Monaco where he would've been sacked if he didn't announce his resignation months before it was officially announced by Monaco. The players that he signed at Spurs and Leipzig have mostly been duds but it seems he has friends in the media who run PR for him. And the media is a very powerful tool which influences people into believing Mitchell is something that he isn't. I'm not even joking, my Caf scouting record without the data and advanced analytics is better than Mitchell's.

Abraxas

Depends on when we get rid of the Glazers and who comes in and what their competency is, and then whether a series of things align, including the performance of our rivals because when they're winning nearly every single game - there isn't much room for anything but perfection.

All that tells you immediately a lot needs to come to fruition for us to win a league title. Therefore I wouldn't be betting on it any time soon, but at the same time, it's not out of the realms of possibility things could move at a pace if we can close this seemingly never ending nightmare that is the Glazers.

Couldn't even be confident making a guess at the moment. If I see an owner come in that has some sort of respect for this club and building the things that are lagging behind then I'd be more likely to get behind a number.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not sure what I’ve said that you specifically find so outlandish.

That’s exactly what happened with Malcom Glazer mate.

If Ratcliffe actually managed to complete a full takeover as I’m presuming you think he will, he’ll potentially be what, 75? 76?

Does he then just go on indefinitely while competing with far superior owners who aren’t that OAPs? Seems fanciful.

And if he were to pass away I think it’s entirely logical to presume his sons would take the club over.

None of this really screams, ‘toppling City, Newcastle etc’ to me, thus 2040 is around 17 years away and I think by that point Utd might wriggle free from the Glazers and Ratcliffe / their offspring.

I’ll ask you this - when do you think Utd next win the PL? You see it happening under a Glazers / Jim Rat coalition? Really?
I just think it’s weird to judge someone who hasn’t even had their offer accepted yet. You’re inventing worst case scenarios in your head.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I just think it’s weird to judge someone who hasn’t even had their offer accepted yet. You’re inventing worst case scenarios in your head.
He has owned other clubs, in far less competitive leagues…

Im basing my opinion on what he and his Glazer cohorts have shown us, and then comparing it to what they’re up against.

I think I’m just being realistic.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He has owned other clubs, in far less competitive leagues…

Im basing my opinion on what he and his Glazer cohorts have shown us, and then comparing it to what they’re up against.

I think I’m just being realistic.
So do City’s owners and I’m sure all their clubs haven’t exactly set the world on fire.

You’re being negative and defeatist imo.

Denis79

We'll win the league again some day but it will be down to coincidence, a group of players clicking. But I don't believe we'll get a structure in place to become a trophy winning team for longer periods like the top teams, those days are over.

Theonas

Scout
Things change very quickly. Winning the league does not necessarily mean we are a top team. The standards could drop like they did in the mid '10s when the league was won by teams who went on to be shown up in Europe. The question should be when will we have a team that can be geniuenly called one of the best in the world. For the latter to happen, we need consistency in vision that will either come from a poweful figure as a manager like Klopp or Pep or a complete restructuring of the footballing operation in the club or better still, both.