Where do you expect us to finish this season?

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Early days, but 5 games in and some very poor performances. I'll be happy with top 4.

binary bot
2nd/3rd. We've got 2/3 of our toughest fixtures out of the way

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
3rd I think, roughly 4-6 points off top spot.

Leg-End

Always expected a tough start after the fixtures were revealed and we have had too many major changes at the club for it to not effect us. We will get better and I fully expect us to maintain a title challenge right to the end, possibly with a couple of January reinforcements.

Still loads of football to play.

hp88

Predicted 3rd before the season started but I would be happy with a top four finish.

Jacob

I do not discount Arsenal and Tottenham's recent form as some sort of purple path, they will both be right up there come the end of the season.

It will be really tough to make top 3.

Liam147

On Probation
Second, as I said from the start. It'd be foolish to change that, considering we've basically got one point more than what I considered to be our worst case scenario.

Losing at City and Chelsea and dropping points to Chelsea has become commonplace under Ferguson.

Chabon

We're three points behind the two teams who count, neither of whom have looked terribly impressive. It'll be a tight and slightly shit title race, with one team winning it in the low-80s. Couldn't tell you who, will probably depend on injuries.
i.e. hopefully Rio gets injured.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Still too early to say because we have had 3 tough matches out of 5. At the rate we're going I would expect/hope for us to finish 4th.

People are also writing Arsenal off too easily. They just signed an absolute world class player and couple of their young players have made the step up. I can see them finishing above us

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
most of us would probably have accepted being 3 points off Chelsea and City with 5 games gone.

Need to make most of this next run of games now though,

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
unfortunately we did not overcome the tough fixtures we started with. Liverpool loss was a crime. But we will make up the points in the next 5 matches. Then we have Arsenal and Spurs. By then we better have ironed out the wrinkles.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
1st

edit: Well, somewhere in the top 4. I think 1st is about as likely as 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

NoLogo

1st or 2nd mainly because we are the best team at beating the smaller teams. We might lose some of the big games but I think we are most consistent against the weaker teams mainly because we have the best squad depth and with RvP and Rooney the needed individual class to beat those teams even with a bad game.

Concerning cup competitions I don't have much hope that we will win anything but the Carling-Cup maybe because most teams don't really care about this trophy and we simply lack the quality to beat most of the other top teams.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
1st or 2nd with City being the competition

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Still too early to say because we have had 3 tough matches out of 5. At the rate we're going I would expect/hope for us to finish 4th.

People are also writing Arsenal off too easily. They just signed an absolute world class player and couple of their young players have made the step up. I can see them finishing above us
Added to that the stability of their manager. I expect Wenger to keep grinding out the results.

OneUnited24

Hopefully first but right now i'll take any spot in the top four.

That said we've got 3 of our harder fixtures out of the way and are only 3 points off the title contenders (5 if you want to include Asnl and Spurs)

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I said third before the season started and I'll stand by that prediction.

What worries me is we might finish unconvincingly third if we don't improve quite a bit. Arsenal's looking good as well and Spurs are winning.

Will Absolute

Today was a bucket of cold water after the encouraging performance against Leverkusen.

I predicted 3rd before the start of the season, and I'll stick with that.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Feel pretty much the same as I did at the start of the season. We could finish in any of the top three places, with third most likely. While our squad has plenty of depth our first team lacks quality in cm and out wide. We're not as good as we used to be and we have a new manager, it was always hard to regard us as favourites.