Where do you rank Mason Greenwood as a talent?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He still physically underdeveloped and can put on so much more muscle into his calves, quads and hamstrings.

Can’t imagine how much more powerful his full power shots will be in years to come.
He doesn’t need any more muscle in his legs, he’s clearly got just the right composition of quick stretch fibres, Ive never seen someone his size hit a ball like he does.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He doesn’t need any more muscle in his legs, he’s clearly got just the right composition of quick stretch fibres, Ive never seen someone his size hit a ball like he does.
I don’t understand muscle physiology in relation to shooting a football.

Are you saying leg muscle size is unrelated to power generated?

Shimo

Ok, am done holding back - time to get carried away. It's just unreal what he is doing at the moment. 20+ for the season is a very real possibility.

arnie_ni

Can anyone tell me where id bet on him being our all time top scorer

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t understand muscle physiology in relation to shooting a football.

Are you saying leg muscle size is unrelated to power generated?
Of course it’s related but he doesn’t need any more muscle. His shot power is already 99.

Bwuk

You just expect him to score at the minute.

If he’s getting a shot off he’s scoring.

PoTMS

If we bought Sancho, who would get benched? On current form, it has to be Rashford.

Falcow

Serious question here, who would swap Mason for Mbappe? I wouldn't.
Said last week, in this thread I think, that I wouldn't swap him for any other player in the world including Mbappe. Mbappe is quicker/stronger but Greenwood makes everyone else look like amatuers.

Flying_Heckfish

Lacks the athletic ability to play wide long-term, but his finishing ability, control, and nose for goal indicate he could sort out our no. 9 position for a long time. I could see him playing very much in the mould of Van Persie for us. We must find ways to get him lots of game time next year if Sancho comes - at this stage of his development the most important growth is going to come from playing week in and week out.
Yeah, as soon as he has proven he can hold his own against two strong CBs, I think he will slot into #9 nicely. Absolutely no concerns about his movement - imagine the little diagonal runs either way, he will drive them mad!

Fosu-Mens

Best young player I seen since Rooney and Ronaldo were here.
Purely based on his abilities he is better than either was at 18.
Rooney was already at his physically best around this age, while Greenwood still got some years to grow in this area.
Ronaldo was a major talent, but he vastly improved and completed his game while at the club. Greenwood got a lot more in his toolbox than Ronaldo at 18.

Rafaeldagold

He’s got such a great turn of pace, he finds space so so well to get attacks moving. And his shooting is so crisp. What a talent we have

Gythio

This kid is our star, first name on the teamsheet from now on. Sancho can come if he fancies the bench

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Well right now I rate him above Haaland. And I'm a huge Haaland fan. He's just so impressively technical and his shot technique is already a masterclass. The way he accelerates and just bangs it behind Reina should be a case study for any aspiring forward.

IrishMcD

Like us all on here, I have been watching him closely the last few years, trying to not get overly excited by what we were seeing in the Youth teams, and watching our senior set up being absolutely puke, it was easy enough not to be too excited haha
But he is so special. I have thought for ages he reminds me so much of when Shevchenko burst on the scene with Kiev, just absolute sniper like accuracy with his shooting and such feckin power off both feet.

Flying_Heckfish

If we bought Sancho, who would get benched? On current form, it has to be Rashford.
Gives us options, no one gets a guaranteed start. Would be great competition.

Right now, yeah Rashford as he's just finding his form again. But better to have Sancho than Lingard as that option.

RedDevilRoshi

Best teenager in Britain by a country mile. He’s just a natural, sensational talent.

The sky is certainly the limit for this young man.

Mindhunter

At this moment he is 'just'a supertalent.

A superstar is a way too early. Pogba is our only superstar with Bruno becoming one fast.
I think you mean "world-class" player. He has some way to go for sure but he already is a superstar in his own right. Everyone is talking about him already.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Maybe he can exceed 100 :)
No because if he’s just piles on muscle for the power he may lose the speed and accuracy. Perfect balance as he is.

if it was all muscle Eddie hall would have an amazing shot

poleglass red

everytime he gets the ball I am expecting something, unbelievable talent regardless of his age

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Purely based on his abilities he is better than either was at 18.
Rooney was already at his physically best around this age, while Greenwood still got some years to grow in this area.
Ronaldo was a major talent, but he vastly improved and completed his game while at the club. Greenwood got a lot more in his toolbox than Ronaldo at 18.
Basically I can’t see how you can defend against him over 90 minutes.

If our team can ensure he gets 3 clear shots a game, he is always going to score.

And that’s right now, let alone into the future when he gets stronger and better.

Could have a Ronnie/Messi type talent on our hands!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
No because if he’s just piles on muscle for the power he may lose the speed and accuracy. Perfect balance as he is.

if it was all muscle Eddie hall would have an amazing shot
Ah. OK. I got it!

IrishMcD

This kid is our star, first name on the teamsheet from now on. Sancho can come if he fancies the bench
Nah, that will be Rashfords role, Sancho walks into the team alongside Martial and Greenwood, would be absolutely crazy good to watch. Jesus, its exciting to watch United again. Love it