Where will the goals come from?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Name the players you think will rack up the goals we need this season? Let’s say we want to score 70 goals (PL)

I’ll start

Rashford 20
Hojlund 10
Martial 8
Bruno 10
Antony 3
McTominay 5
Casemiro 5
Eriksen 4
Dalot 2
Varane 1
=70

Does that seem plausible?

Keanes Magic Hat

Rashford 14
Hojlund 13
Bruno 12
Mctominay 8
Martial 8
Garnacho 6
Antony 4
Maguire 3
Eriksen 2
Casemiro 2
Mount 2
Varane 1
Hanibal 1

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Rashford 16
Hojlund 12
Martial 7
Bruno 13
Mount 5
Antony 3
Garnacho 5
McTominay 6
Casemiro 3
Eriksen 2
Amrabat 2
Maguire 2
Varane 1
Shaw 1
Evans 2
=70

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Rashford 10
Garnacho 4
Hojlund 5
Antony 2
Sanch0
Martial 0
Fernandes 8
Eriksen 2
Casemiro 5
Mctominay 45
Dalot 2
Maguire -1 (he'll have more goals overuled by VAR than he actually scored in the first place)

In all seriousness the numbers don't work unless Rashford miraculously goes back to scoring every week, and even then, the numbers don't work. We need all our forwards to over perform

USREDEVIL

Name the players you think will rack up the goals we need this season? Let’s say we want to score 70 goals (PL)

I’ll start

Rashford 20
Hojlund 10
Martial 8
Bruno 10
Antony 3
McTominay 5
Casemiro 5
Eriksen 4
Dalot 2
Varane 1
=70

No
Rashford 12
Hojlund 7
Martial 3
Bruno 8
Antony -1
McTominay 8
Casameiro 5
Eriksen 2
Dalot 3
Varane 2
Garnachos 5
= 54

LInkash

Based on the goals scored so far:

Bruno 10
McT 10
Rashford 3
Dalot 3
Casemiro 3
Eriksen 3
Varane 3
Hannibal 3
=38

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Hojlund 12
Rashford 10
Garnacho 8
Bruno 8
Casemiro 6
Mount 5
McTominay 5
Eriksen 3
Varane 3
Dalot 2
Maguire 2
Martial 2
Antony 2
Others 2
= 70

We don't have goalscorers if Rashford continues his terrible form into the season.

MrBest

Cant believe we are talking about 70 goals which may I say is possible by the end of the year, perhaps less. City already almost have 50 goals and have played not even 20 games.

We need Hojlund to get his first prem goal and then I believe more will follow. The problem is every game he is playing in a graveyard. We also need rashford to start chipping in, he will go on a run but I don't think he will get close to last season. After that, I see Bruno maybe getting to 10, casemiro 8, Mctominay 8 antony 5 garnacho 5, and really after this there is not much hope.

If we get mount in the box more and high up the pitch I think he would get in double figures but hag is obsessed with him in the 8 role and he just runs around like a headless chicken. I think hannibal could get a few too but he needs to play and pellistri, we'll, needs a run of games and I think he can get 5. He definitely gets in the right positions, his finishing is just abysmal at the moment, probably should have 2 or 3 already. Maybe amad can get a few of ever returns and I dont really have much hope of any of our defenders getting more than two although I do think maguire is most capable but it's a matter of how much he plays and if his form fortune continues.

Finally you have the fringe lot including martial. I've no hope for these lot. Martial has checked put in opinion, maybe Eriksen will get a couple more, amrabat may get a solo. I really cannot see us getting more than 70 in total this year. The midfield needs to perform much better and the forwards needs to create and pass. Too many stupid flicks and brazil 98 happening.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Bruno 11
Hojland 9
Rashford 8
McTominay 8
Garnacho 7
Casamiro 6
Eriksen 4
Antony 2
Maguire 2
Dalot 2
Martial 2
Mount 2
Varane 1

64 goals in total

RuudTom83

Genuinely I struggle to see anyone reaching double figures in the league this season.

United only have Rashford and Bruno who are capable of scoring more than 10 goals. But both of them are struggling badly.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Rashford didn't score 20 all of last season but he'll score 20 in 27 weeks? I don't think so.

I would he shocked if we managed 60 PL goals in total and doubly shocked if we get more than one player hitting double digits.

NLunited

From forced turnovers. That’s where a lot of our goals should be coming from, but we only have a couple.

Our forwards can’t finish right now and our attacking play is terrible as well.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

I’ll start

Rashford 20
Hojlund 10
Martial 8
Bruno 10
Antony 3
McTominay 5
Casemiro 5
Eriksen 4
Dalot 2
Varane 1
=70

Not a chance

Irwin99

No chance i'm afraid.

We've hit 70 goals in just one season since SAF left and that was thanks to a suicidal Leeds team (6-2) and a nine man Southampton (9-0). We've hit 58 and 57 PL goals in the last two seasons. I just can't see this happening at all :(

KD6-3.7

We don’t even look capable of scoring more than two goals a game this season and there’s multiple times we’ve struggled to even score one, I think there’s a better chance of us finishing with our worst ever G/D in a premier league season then even scoring 60 goals let alone 70.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
McTominay 25
Hojlund 15
Rashford 10
Bruno 10
Antony 10
Casemiro 10
Eriksen 4
Dalot 2
DVB 1

Kramer

Nobody’s counting on Mount?

Once he finds the back of the net, surely he can score 4-5 goals for us at least.

Hojlund: 12
Rashford: 10
Bruno: 8
Mctominay: 6
Garnacho: 5
Casemiro:5
Mount: 4
Eriksen: 3
Dalot: 3
Antony: 3
Martial: 3
Defenders (Maguire, Evans, Shaw,Varane) 1-2 each.

Think we’ll end up between 65-70 goals in the PL.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
ETH has struggled with the attacking play in the PL. There's no signs that it's suddenly going to click. In the last 24 PL games Rashford has scored 3 for example. We've scored 12 in 11 games, we've got a tricky winter period. Honestly I'll be surprised if we hit over 50 this season.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't see us hitting 70.

And no, it's not because of the players.

I cannot think of a single attacking move we have mastered that would generate consistent chances for an average player to score. And that's why we are relying on Rashford to magically discover form to clear 70 measly fecking goals

gajender

We simply don't create much and that needs to be changed by putting in work on training ground until that happens we will continue to struggle irrespective of players as it has been the case Since Sir Alex's retirement .

Last edited:

PSV

I think we will get around 50 goals, and I doubt that anyone will see double digits.

FattyFooty

We have so little potential scoring wise.

Non of our players have ever scored 20+ in a League season.. and noone will this time either..

Rashford 10-14
Højlund. 8-10
Fernandes 12-14
Grnacho. 5
Martial. 6-8

Kramer

It does seem a bit nuts that a lack of goals was such a big problem last season (only scored 58) and the only step we’ve taken to fix this is signing Hojlund.
I am sure ETH believed Mount would add 5-10 league goals at least.

And I’m sure for a large part of the summer, he believed he’d get Greenwood back as well.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It does seem a bit nuts that a lack of goals was such a big problem last season (only scored 58) and the only step we’ve taken to fix this is signing Hojlund.
If Hojlund was playing for us last season when we actually looked dangerous, created a few chances and before this inexplicable downturn, I reckon he’d have scored plenty. He looks quality. The problem is the rest of the team have turned into farmers.

All ifs bits and maybes but I stand by it

Judas

Open to offers
I am sure ETH believed Mount would add 5-10 league goals at least.

And I’m sure for a large part of the summer, he believed he’d get Greenwood back as well.
This I think has had a big impact, seeing as it looked very much like the plan was for him to return.

We didn’t invest well at bringing more goals and creativity to this side and I don’t see it improving massively with these current ingredients.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i’ve used amazon’s ai tool to scour the boards for the expected goal returns of players, based on posts that reference each player, and it’s not looking good-

rashford - -6
hojlund - 0
bruno - 19xga
mctominay - scottish
casemiro - 2.5 (5 goals but headers only count as half a goal)
mount - why

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I don't see us hitting 70.

And no, it's not because of the players.

I cannot think of a single attacking move we have mastered that would generate consistent chances for an average player to score. And that's why we are relying on Rashford to magically discover form to clear 70 measly fecking goals
Yup no patterns of play. We are back to Ole hero ball.

frostbite

Last year we scored only 58, and this year we are going to score 70?

Chumpsbechumps

We need to learn the physics of the quantum realm to protect us from VARs remarkably thorough investigations into our goals. That way we can even the score with everybody else who seem to get more of the benefit of the doubt.

F**k how they use VAR selectively.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I’ll start

Rashford 20
Hojlund 10
Martial 8
Bruno 10
Antony 3
McTominay 5
Casemiro 5
Eriksen 4
Dalot 2
Varane 1
=70

Rashford 20 is impossible, 70 goals seems too much this season overall

shoom

Supports
Arsenal
None of you including the ever-reliable OG in your predictions. Not prolific but can be counted on for 4 or 5 a season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Rashford 20 is impossible, 70 goals seems too much this season overall
It really does. I chose it by looking at last season’s table and going for a midpoint between what we scored last season and what the best two teams in the league scored. Hoping we would close the gap. Which was what we all wanted/expected to do this season. Unfortunately, that’s looking extremely unlikely right now.