Where will we finish this season ?

Where will Manchester United finish in the Premier League table in the 2022-23 season?

• 1st

Votes: 23 4.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 17 3.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 72 12.8%
  • 4th

Votes: 104 18.5%
  • 5th

Votes: 146 25.9%
  • 6th

Votes: 130 23.1%
  • 7th-10th

Votes: 49 8.7%
  • Bottom 10

Votes: 22 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OrcaFat

Since we lost to Brighton/Brentford we have taken 15/18 points

If we had won those games and lets be honest with the team we have we should be winning those games. We’d be sitting at the top of the table with Arsenal on 24 points a piece.

I’d say a 3rd place finish is a safe bet
Yeah. Anything from 2nd to 4th is a good result and definitely achievable.

When we don’t turn up we still get smashed but I think ETH will reduce those aberrations. I think we are not any worse than anyone bar City and Liverpool. Liv are having a bad spell but they will get it together soon enough.

Probably 4th is where we’ll end up. Could easily finish above any of Arse, Spur, Liv, Chels but somehow I don’t see us finishing above them all.

GazTheLegend

Just wondering where people stand on this now? I guessed at 5th pre season and I think I’m still there now.

Anyone want to revise their prediction yet?
We've gotten Arsenal, City and Liverpool out of the way and we're 5th in 8 games, so your predictions looking pretty strong. To be honest if we improve or at the very least play at our potential without any major injuries, we should do even better than that.

Hughie77

Sure, but it's not as much fun to wait until after the 19th game to look into the crystal ball. If we're in the top three after 19 games it's a lot easier to be right about predicting that we'll end up third after 38 games than after 10 games or whatever it is right now.

City will be out of sight before the festive season even begins, but if the rub of the green starts to go against Arsenal (no more dodgy referee decisions) we could even have a conversation about second place even now. But let's see where things stand after we deal with Spurs and Chelsea.
Agree let's see after we've played Chelsea and spurs who are the others in the contest for 2nd to 4th.

December_16

If we keep playing like we did since the horror Brentford game, we’re probably on track for 4th or 5th. Some close wins will not be wins but draws. We’ll suffer some more losses against top 6 away from home as well.

BUT (big but) we can totally improve as the season grows and get 2nd or 3rd spot as well. That’s the optimistic side of me speaking.

Sparky Rhiwabon

We've gotten Arsenal, City and Liverpool out of the way and we're 5th in 8 games, so your predictions looking pretty strong. To be honest if we improve or at the very least play at our potential without any major injuries, we should do even better than that.
Hopefully we can of course but City will obviously be above us, and then probably three of Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool

caid

I'm still leaning towards fifth, which is probably the same as earlier. A more optimistic version of fifth i guess. Just think all the other teams in the mix are quite good and relatively settled. Think we'd be overachieving or they'd be underachieving to finish ahead of them. Think it could be very close between 2nd and 8th or so and it'll be decided on fine margins.

GazTheLegend

Hopefully we can of course but City will obviously be above us, and then probably three of Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool
As I say, two of which we've beaten already. I'm confident against anyone at home, not said that for a while... although of course Brighton was an abberation...

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’m confident we finish in the top 4. I even think we’ll finish 3rd, behind arsenal and city.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I’d say you will get 4th. Your getting better but there’s still something not completely right with your team and I don’t see you having the ridiculous ole bounce back ability. I also feel like spurs will get 5th as they are not great. Certainly at this moment in time I have Chelsea slightly ahead of you but it could all change.

Shark

@NotShark
It's very difficult to know right now tbh and it really depends on Liverpool remaining in the wilderness as a revived Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal are looking good. I'm going to go with an optimistic 4th right now.

dutchred

If chelsea finish above us then questions have to be asked why considering the general census from our fanbase and club was to choose ten hag over potter who has gone into Chelsea without the luxury of recruiting his own players
But he inherited a better squad than Erik

Last edited:

MUW4Eva

We are the only side in the whole league that has beaten all of Arsenal, Everton & Liverpool, so not sure why there is any negativity around here, look at all of the positives!

MUW4Eva

Despite our impressive run, we're barely managing to beat squads we should be hammering -- although the mauling of Arsenal looks more and more a sensational performance and result as every week passes. Until we start mauling the Evertons of the world I'm still not confident of a second place finish. A freak referee decision to award a pk in stoppage time at Goodison and we suddenly pick up one point not three.

We're good value for a top four finish but I'm not prepared yet to put a second hand on the third place trophy just yet.
Why would there have been a penalty decision in the Everton game??
They were not close to getting a pen.

You might as well say, a freak decision to send off Haaland a second into the Manchester derby, and we would have d picked up all three points....

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
It's very difficult to predict now. City, Spurs and Chelsea are performing according to my expectations. But Arsenal are doing way better than I expected and Liverpool is doing way worse, although I never expected them to challenge for the title.

Remember the geese

If chelsea finish above us then questions have to be asked why considering the general census from our fanbase and club was to choose ten hag over potter who has gone into Chelsea without the luxury of recruiting his own players
Not at all. They were far better than us last season and reached two finals. They won the Champions League the year before.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Not at all. They were far better than us last season and reached two finals. They won the Champions League the year before.
I don’t think we are miles apart from each other right now. Mainly because I’m still not convinced we have enough goals in our side. But in terms of patterns of play and controlling games, we are looking much better than you, for now at least. What’s going to be a determining factor on finishing positions this year is going to be who can get going quickest from the WC. I suspect a few teams will restart slowly.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Top 4 is a very realistic target. In fact, I only see City being far better than us, we are capable of beating the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool (out of form), Chelsea, Spur etc. I think we could finish top 3, behind City and Arsenal.

Irwin99

I've revised my original opinion of 5th (and an EL win) and have gone for 4th. The body language and the fight displayed against a lot of teams we've faced seems to suggest that players are buying into his methods. Chelsea and Liverpool could be in for some mixed form throughout the season too as evidenced already.

I still would love it if we won the Europa League though ;)

AndySmith1990

We may be able to match any team bar City when we're playing well, but we're still too inconsistent for me to be optimistic about 4th. Think it's a possibility but I'd call it as 50/50 right now

norm87cro

How the season is going and how we look 3rd souds about right. Goal differrence is the only issue currently. Except City I dont think we should fear anybody

DJ_21

We are the only side in the whole league that has beaten all of Arsenal, Everton & Liverpool, so not sure why there is any negativity around here, look at all of the positives!
Probably the only team to of played all 3 to be fair.

DJ_21

How the season is going and how we look 3rd souds about right. Goal differrence is the only issue currently. Except City I dont think we should fear anybody
Ye I think we can beat Chelsea, spurs and we’ve already beaten arsenal and Liverpool. Just city that are the ones to beat… they’ll eventually storm the league once arsenal start dropping off. I fancy us to give city a good game at old Trafford though, ten Hag will know what to change after the first game against them.

DJ_21

Seems weird to me that Liverpool have dropped of so much over a couple of months. Last season they was talking about the quadruple… seems like arsenal and them have swapped places. Football can be strange sometimes.

MUW4Eva

Probably the only team to of played all 3 to be fair.
Lots of teams have played Arsenal so far, only one has beaten them, and beaten them fairly comprehensively....

There is no reason for us to fear any side in the league that we come up against, sure be respectful towards them, acknowledge their danger men, but we should be going into games fully confident that we can win each game.

DJ_21

Lots of teams have played Arsenal so far, only one has beaten them, and beaten them fairly comprehensively....

There is no reason for us to fear any side in the league that we come up against, sure be respectful towards them, acknowledge their danger men, but we should be going into games fully confident that we can win each game.
True… although the score line doesn’t really show the actual game, they outplayed us for most of it and we countered. But I absolutely agree with you, we shouldn’t fear anyone ever no matter who the opponent is. We should go into every game confident. It all comes down to confidence and team work, with that we can match anyone and beat anyone.

MUW4Eva

True… although the score line doesn’t really show the actual game, they outplayed us for most of it and we countered. But I absolutely agree with you, we shouldn’t fear anyone ever no matter who the opponent is. We should go into every game confident. It all comes down to confidence and team work, with that we can match anyone and beat anyone.
I wouldn't say that Arsenal outplayed us, I would say our tactics worked perfectly, we outplayed them according to how we set up to play the game.

We won that game easily, it is just very odd, that other teams haven't as yet beaten Arsenal, as they didn't impress me at all.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
The problem with getting top 4 is not our form, it's just the sheer scale of competition. Arsenal and City look nailed on for the top 2, or a least a top 4 finish. Chelsea look very good under Potter and Spurs have been doing well with Conte. Newcastle are strong and you would think that liverpool could recover too, at least pushing to get back into the top 6. We need one or two of those teams to have a rough patch - my money is on Spurs, simply because I think City, Arsenal and Chelsea all have better squads. We just need to keep winning games and see what happens. I would accept a lower finish this year as long as we are on the right path, which we certainly seem to be with ETH.

MUW4Eva

The problem with getting top 4 is not our form, it's just the sheer scale of competition. Arsenal and City look nailed on for the top 2, or a least a top 4 finish. Chelsea look very good under Potter and Spurs have been doing well with Conte. Newcastle are strong and you would think that liverpool could recover too, at least pushing to get back into the top 6. We need one or two of those teams to have a rough patch - my money is on Spurs, simply because I think City, Arsenal and Chelsea all have better squads. We just need to keep winning games and see what happens. I would accept a lower finish this year as long as we are on the right path, which we certainly seem to be with ETH.
Why would you think that Liverpool "could recover"??

What is that seeming assumption based upon??

lex talionis

Why would there have been a penalty decision in the Everton game??
They were not close to getting a pen.

You might as well say, a freak decision to send off Haaland a second into the Manchester derby, and we would have d picked up all three points....
Freak referee decisions are by definition unjustified by the observed facts on the pitch. When a side launches ball after ball into the box in open play or on set pieces there’s always physical contact, thus opening the door for a horror referee decision to award a pk.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I can safely say we’ll finish against Fulham at OT.
As for our league position; I’d say 5th, but it could be 4th or 6th.

DJ_21

I wouldn't say that Arsenal outplayed us, I would say our tactics worked perfectly, we outplayed them according to how we set up to play the game.

We won that game easily, it is just very odd, that other teams haven't as yet beaten Arsenal, as they didn't impress me at all.
They’ve only played spurs and Liverpool though, Liverpool who are massively out of form for whatever reason and a spurs team that can easily be beaten. I hope I’m wrong but I think city will wipe the floor with them and Chelsea will probably beat them too.

MUW4Eva

Freak referee decisions are by definition unjustified by the observed facts on the pitch. When a side launches ball after ball into the box in open play or on set pieces there’s always physical contact, thus opening the door for a horror referee decision to award a pk.
There is always a chance of anything happening, there was the same chance of Everton getting this mysterious penalty, as there was of Haaland getting sent off early on in the game.

MUW4Eva

Based upon their performance over the past 6 and a bit years under Klopp. They have been very poor this season, but they still have a lot of quality.
How is what Liverpool did under Klopp 6 years ago relevant to here in 2022??

The squad of players now in 2022 is different to that squad, so I fail to see the relevance of saying because it happened then, it will happen this season.

They don't have for example Mane, so that changes things hugely.

Their squad for this season is simply bereft of quality, the players that were once considered as very good, are now past their prime, so not sure about your reasoning here.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite

We must have been watching different games. We played to our strengths in terms of hitting them on the break but they showed much more quality on the ball than us and after they equalized they were the better team for a while. It's not really surprising, they're in their 3rd or 4th season with Arteta, and his style is starting to show.