Where will we finish this season ?

Where will Manchester United finish in the Premier League table in the 2022-23 season?

• 1st

Votes: 23 4.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 17 3.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 72 12.8%
  • 4th

Votes: 104 18.5%
  • 5th

Votes: 146 25.9%
  • 6th

Votes: 130 23.1%
  • 7th-10th

Votes: 49 8.7%
  • Bottom 10

Votes: 22 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

avgp_1

I thought we would be 6th, voted 5th out of optimism but yeah top 8 would be a job well done. We need some really good signings to play in Europe next season

James35

I’ve changed from 6th to 7-10th.

We need players In asap. 2 weeks 5 days left in window.

Ralf was 100% right though, feel sorry for the guy. Booted out for speaking the harsh truth.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It looks bad now, because it is, but I think once the new way of playing clicks and/or he gets new players in we'll pick up points.

That being said after today I think we'll still finish Top 10 and maybe 5th/6th.

EtH needs another Summer window. I don't count Winter window cos it's too bloody short to get any business done and no big moves happen then anyway.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We’ve been in relegation form since February. A top ten finish would now be a good result.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Just wondering where people stand on this now? I guessed at 5th pre season and I think I’m still there now.

Anyone want to revise their prediction yet?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I feel in a best case scenario, 2nd is achievable with the current group and the competition.

We'll probably finish 3rd/4th

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
5th/6th is still the safe bet. 4th would be an overachievement, anything higher is very unlikely imho.

redcucumber

5th/6th is still the safe bet. 4th would be an overachievement, anything higher is very unlikely imho.
I see little reason why finishing above any of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal could be deemed very unlikely.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I see little reason why finishing above any of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal could be deemed very unlikely.
Chelsea are an established top 4 team with a manager who I rate highly.

Spurs built on their strong foundation from finishing top 4 last season and look good at grinding out results without even playing well (yet).

Arsenal, are you really asking at this point? 9 games in it is safe to take their momentum as a legitimate step-up. We don't have the consistency to match them.

And finally, more than anything it is our own vulnerability. What happens if one or even two of Varane, Martinez, Antony and Casemiro get injured? I don't think we have the squad.

So 4th is definitely an overachievement and above that is unlikely. Also worth noting the points threshold for 4th is looking like a solid 70+ this year. Not a gimmie for a squad full of inconsistent bottlejobs.

MUFC OK

We will probably just miss out on top 4. Our goal difference is a worry for me too. Feels difficult to imagine us winning a game by 3 or 4 goals.

largelyworried

Agreed, City are the only ones looking machine like at the moment. Arsenal might just keep up their momentum all season, but I'm doubtful about their squad depth and the World Cup is probably a disruption they don't want. United, Chelsea and Spurs all have good managers but imperfect squads. Liverpool are having a mare and might be clawing back a big gap by the time they sort it out. You'd make Arsenal favourites for top 4 at the moment, but other than that it could be just about any order.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
We’d do well to finish in the Top 6.

BUT As long as we play with purpose, tenacity and adapt to ETH’s system, the results will eventually come and we’ll reap the benefits in the following season. This season is about installing a style and method of playing which we are already seeing glimpses of.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Since we lost to Brighton/Brentford we have taken 15/18 points

If we had won those games and lets be honest with the team we have we should be winning those games. We’d be sitting at the top of the table with Arsenal on 24 points a piece.

I’d say a 3rd place finish is a safe bet

MUW4Eva

Second place behind City is where I think we shall finish, Arsenal are a flash in the pan, we have seen plenty of sides start of seasons well before fading away.
As we saw at Old Trafford, they are nothing special.

We look a proper side, full of battle harded characters, and a manager thst knows what he is doing.

I fail to see where such negativity is coming from to be honest.

redcucumber

Chelsea are an established top 4 team with a manager who I rate highly.

Spurs built on their strong foundation from finishing top 4 last season and look good at grinding out results without even playing well (yet).

Arsenal, are you really asking at this point? 9 games in it is safe to take their momentum as a legitimate step-up. We don't have the consistency to match them.

And finally, more than anything it is our own vulnerability. What happens if one or even two of Varane, Martinez, Antony and Casemiro get injured? I don't think we have the squad.

So 4th is definitely an overachievement and above that is unlikely. Also worth noting the points threshold for 4th is looking like a solid 70+ this year. Not a gimmie for a squad full of inconsistent bottlejobs.
Chelsea hired a new manager a few weeks ago. They are still an unknown quantity under Potter who has had a very nice run of PL fixtures thus far. Let's see how they get on from 22nd October until the World Cup, when they have a run of games in which they play ourselves, Arsenal, Brighton, and Newcastle (as well as City in the League Cup).

Spurs are just about grinding out results but aren't playing well, having dropped points in both of their big games thus far. They were rubbish against Arsenal and were lucky to get a draw in the last minute against Chelsea under Tuchel.

Yes, I am absolutely still asking about Arsenal. It's fecking Arsenal. How they react to the inevitable wobble will be much more indicative of whether or not they've actually evolved as a team. We were top in January 2021 and it all came crumbling down soon after and the team was exposed for what it truly was.

With regards to our vulnerability, you could just as easily (if not moreso) square that at Arsenal and Spurs. What if Partey, Jesus, or Saliba get injured? What if Kane, Son, or Hojbjerg get injured? Casemiro has only started one game for us in the PL so it's not as if we're reliant on him. Likewise Varane and Antony have already missed games and we were able to get through them. We have pretty good squad depth.

I really don't think finishing 4th should be seen as an overachievement.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Still think it is going to be a struggle for ETH and we will finish around 5th-8th. We will end up fighting for the lower tier European spots with Brighton and Newcastle rather than finish top four. I don't think European football is guaranteed next season, but it would be an absolute disaster and would likely cost ETH his job if we missed out.

That said, five of our next six games (all in October) are at home and things might feel very different if we go a good run there, especially beating Spurs and Newcastle at home, and getting something away at Chelsea.

Chairman Steve

As painful as it is to say, forget about City. That team is just a freak of nature. Best manager in the world, Best all-round squad in the world, Unlimited money etc. Thats why I‘m not too bummed about losing to them. Them not winning the CL and PL at this rate will be a disappointing season for them… that’s how good they are at the moment.

We need to focus on bettering Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.

Liverpool look like they’re finally declining from that ridiculous peak they’ve been at. They‘re starting to look like a spent force and I don’t think Klopp has the energy to do it all over again and I don’t think FSG are going to put forward the cash needed to arrest the slump immediately. They could still be a threat but they’re not matching City again this season like they have been.

Chelsea are an unpredictable entity with their trump card being forced to sell up. They’ve still got a decent squad from their CL win and Potter doesn’t have that much to do compared to ETH. Time will tell whether Boehly is a good owner and whether Potter is up to the task.

Spurs are pretty much ready to win major honours and they’ve reached a now or never situation with their two best players at peak age in Kane and Son. Conte is basically a version of Jose when he was good. He could win silverware but he’ll bore you to tears with it and he could fall out with everyone at the drop of a hat. If Kane gets a serious injury, they’re fecked and he’s been getting a lot more injured over the years.

Arsenal have blossomed into a team that you could see being a Top 4 contender. At the same time, their squad isn’t the greatest and injuries to key members of that strongest XI could slow them down, and it’ll be interesting to see how they deal with the inevitable slump in form that falls on most teams.

MUW4Eva

You can ignore Liverpool, no idea why they have been mentioned here, they are done for.

lex talionis

Despite our impressive run, we're barely managing to beat squads we should be hammering -- although the mauling of Arsenal looks more and more a sensational performance and result as every week passes. Until we start mauling the Evertons of the world I'm still not confident of a second place finish. A freak referee decision to award a pk in stoppage time at Goodison and we suddenly pick up one point not three.

We're good value for a top four finish but I'm not prepared yet to put a second hand on the third place trophy just yet.

wolvored

We were 6th last season and I said 5th in the poll as was expecting spurs chelsea or arsenal to drop off. 5th is still obtainable, but wasnt expecting the drop off to be Liverpool.

Nicolarra90

3rd

1st if Majin Buu gets injured like last year and Arsenal does an Arsenal.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
We're in the mix for top four. ETH is at ten games in charge so impressive considering the upheaval we went through in the summer. "We want to win every game and that has to be the mentality at this football club."

Lee565

If chelsea finish above us then questions have to be asked why considering the general census from our fanbase and club was to choose ten hag over potter who has gone into Chelsea without the luxury of recruiting his own players

nakpodiareuben

With the benefit of hindsight i would change my vote for 4th. We will fight with Chelsea for last CL spot

Noooo..Chelsea will fight with Spurs for the 4th position. Spurs are not good enough. They are just a bunch of physical players running all over the place. Mark my word. We will be in 3rd behind city and Arsenal

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think it is early to say where we will finish. Lets see where we stand after 19 games. If we are top 3 then we will finish top 4. ETH is still learning, he knows how we manage to win and why we lost. I am sure when City comes to OT,it would be an more even game. I think we could finish as high as 3rd once we start grinding out the results. Who cares about beating team 3 or 4-0? It doesn't award you will more points. I am happy to seeing us winning or lose trying to win. I rather we go for the win than to salvage a draw. As the season progress, our playing will be more distinct. We can easily swap the players and still function as an unit, that's the most important feature of a good side. That's what I am looking for.

lex talionis

I think it is early to say where we will finish. Lets see where we stand after 19 games. If we are top 3 then we will finish top 4. ETH is still learning, he knows how we manage to win and why we lost. I am sure when City comes to OT,it would be an more even game. I think we could finish as high as 3rd once we start grinding out the results. Who cares about beating team 3 or 4-0? It doesn't award you will more points. I am happy to seeing us winning or lose trying to win. I rather we go for the win than to salvage a draw. As the season progress, our playing will be more distinct. We can easily swap the players and still function as an unit, that's the most important feature of a good side. That's what I am looking for.
Sure, but it's not as much fun to wait until after the 19th game to look into the crystal ball. If we're in the top three after 19 games it's a lot easier to be right about predicting that we'll end up third after 38 games than after 10 games or whatever it is right now.

City will be out of sight before the festive season even begins, but if the rub of the green starts to go against Arsenal (no more dodgy referee decisions) we could even have a conversation about second place even now. But let's see where things stand after we deal with Spurs and Chelsea.

Hughie77

Seeing as we've played Pool, Gunners and City, and got 15 pts the other teams still have to play City who imo will walk the league so 2nd to 4th most are playing for out of what I've seen I'm pretty optimistic that we can finish top 4 in what place don't know, but i think we could finish 2nd or 3rd, as long as they don't fall off in performance.