Which goal was better today: Rashford or Fodens?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Both were absolutely incredible, but which was better? Rashford or Fodens first goal (curler)?

Rashford

Foden

Waynne

Rashford for me. From a bit further out and teed up by a team mate. Not taking anything away from Foden because I think its a very nice goal.

frostbite

Rashford's goal is a Beauty! I watched it over 10 times and I can watch it again!

Foden is just ugly. Who wants to watch this guy? And what happened to his hair? Did his teammates cut his hair with sheep scissors because... "mate, you are ugly, you should have an ugly haircut, too --- hold him guys!".

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Rashfords was better. He hit it straight from the pass which is an hard technique to keep it down. Bit further out aswell.

jeepers

Rashford’s hands down, requires far better technique than Foden’s since you’re striking a moving ball without first stopping it. But it’s not like we get points for pretty goals anyway.

I reckon Foden wouldn’t have scored his first if Shaw was the left back instead. Lindelof didn’t show Foden onto his right enough and allowed Foden to cut in too easily.

Grande

The Rashford goal was a fantastic team goal. The strategy laid, Onana’s awareness and beautiful long ball, Bruno’s run, ball control, smartness and perfect lay-up, and a difficult technical finish perfectly executed with power. An undefendable goal.

Red_Aaron

Rashfords is much better
It's also not the direct result of a prolonged period of unchecked cheating the likes of which the game has never seen

Jev

Foden’s was slightly better for me. Very difficult to get that power and swerve on it while running at full speed sideways, in fact almost leaning a little backwards during the shooting movement. Both great goals though.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Absolutely Rashford‘s.

Second best goal of the season. We won’t win anything else and not get into CL but at least we will win this competition.
Sums us up perfectly. Some moments of brilliance and being able to hurt every team but overall not very good.

BootsyCollins

Rashfords easily.

Its a shame that it came in a 3-1 loss to City really, as everytime you see it you will be reminded how far behind we are.

Hopefully in the future we can see it as something pretty from the ”now put behind us” dark days.

Nicolarra90

Rashford would be our goal of the season of Garnacho didn't happen.

IRELANDUNITED

Rashford’s. At least we got 1 thing from the derby, the best goal.

And a dent in Liverpools title challenge so 2 things, yay go us.

tomaldinho1

Rashford for show

Technically Foden
Rashford 100% is the technically better goal?

You probably get a goal a week like Foden's - opposite footed winger cutting across the full back and putting one far post. It was a very good finish but Rashford's was first time hitting onto the ball, much harder.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Rashford's was visibly more pleasing.

You have to laugh, these are the small victories we are reduced to claiming.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Rashford is the type of goal I want to see more of because how wiped it has become from the modern game. A visibly pleasing thundercnut of a strike.

Foden is the type of goal most inside forwards has tried to master, and you will see something similiar scored in the league about every week. Also think he got given a bit more space than he needed to be.

I'd give Rashford this one

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Goals that hit the crossbar, and then bounce and hit the roof of the net are quite rare, they're a treat when they happen. Cutting in and bending it in the far corner are much more common, so I'm less excited by it. Still a great goal, but Rashfords was the better spectacle.

Bobski

Feel like I have seen the Foden goal a million times since Robben popularized that shot, it was definitely one of the better ones but the Rash goal is a lot rarer, fist time blast against cut in and shoot.

Pintu

Rashford's goal… Foden’s wasn’t goal, it should have been ruled out for that Walker foul on Rashford.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Rashfords, love a good thunder bastard that hits the underside of the bar, don’t see too many of them. Fodens was quality though, but you do see more curlers into the corner these days.

Wilt

Rashford 100% is the technically better goal?

You probably get a goal a week like Foden's - opposite footed winger cutting across the full back and putting one far post. It was a very good finish but Rashford's was first time hitting onto the ball, much harder.
IMO Rashford goal was teed up perfectly by Bruno, head down hit it hard as poss ….most half decent strikers would do the same.

Foden‘s the much more difficult shot.

tomaldinho1

IMO Rashford goal was teed up on a plate by Bruno, head down hit it hard as poss ….most half decent strikers would do the same.

Foden‘s easily the more difficult shot.
Go try it on a pitch. Guaranteed (obviously swap sides if you’re right footed) the Foden chance end up much better shots. You are setting yourself up vs Rashford being first time from a pass.