Which PEDs would be beneficial in football?

Skills

Snitch
THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO DISCUSS WHICH PLAYER/TEAMS IS TAKING PEDs.

Just curious what kind of stack would be beneficial for a professional footballer? I don't know much about drugs so just interested what are the substances out there that could enhance performance on the pitch.

I can see anabolic steroids being quite useful during recovery from injuries, or in the off-season when they're trying to quickly put on some strength. Not all together too useful during the season.

But what kind of stuff is great for a footballers aerobic capacity? Is EPO very useful in football for aerobic recovery?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

But what kind of stuff is great for a footballers aerobic capacity? Is EPO very useful in football for aerobic recovery?
Of course. There's a reason the top cyclists were all on it. Simply enabling you to work harder for longer.

I'm a runner, and when I used to play 5 a side in the office against sedentary guys, you'd literally be running rings round them.
When you watch professional top level players, and they're doing similar to other top super fit performers, you do wonder!

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Can recommend a bit of weed for those 5 a side. Makes staying in goal a bit more bearable at least!

Gfooty

Too many to name. If WADA has banned it, it's probably for a good reason.

But to name a few: testosterone, stanozolol, nandrolone

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
EPO, HGH.

I reckon anything that enables a higher VO2 Max, athletic, aerobic/anaerobic stuff combined with recovery/not getting tired during a long season.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I know Magic Mushrooms wouldn't be any good! Imagine the trip!

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
Of course. There's a reason the top cyclists were all on it. Simply enabling you to work harder for longer.

I'm a runner, and when I used to play 5 a side in the office against sedentary guys, you'd literally be running rings round them.
When you watch professional top level players, and they're doing similar to other top super fit performers, you do wonder!
I have noted the British seemed to become best at both cycling and rowing at about the same time. Two similar sports in terms of demanding strength and endurance, with skill of less importance than most other events. Coincidence?

Andersons Dietician

Tranabol, testosterone, It’s all mostly about how quick you can recover and how long you can push yourself so everything is going to help really.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Just curious what kind of stack would be beneficial for a professional footballer? I don't know much about drugs so just interested what are the substances out there that could enhance performance on the pitch.

I can see anabolic steroids being quite useful during recovery from injuries, or in the off-season when they're trying to quickly put on some strength. Not all together too useful during the season.

Anything that increases test levels is going to be advantageous, considering the training they are doing. Testosterone isn’t just used for getting bigger, it’s used for getting leaner. That’s where the real competitive advantage is going to lie

Minimalist

All of them potentially provided they're used properly.

You certainly don't have to put on tons of weight/muscle just because you're juicing.

SirAF

Ageist
EPO/blood doping, definitely. Staves off fatigue, which makes you less likely to make sloppy mistakes late on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have noted the British seemed to become best at both cycling and rowing at about the same time. Two similar sports in terms of demanding strength and endurance, with skill of less importance than most other events. Coincidence?
I'd love to think there was something really clever our coaches were doing, but I really struggle to believe any of the top cyclists are clean, in the same way as the top 100m sprinters have repeatedly been found not to be. Wiggins and Froome have both had test "fails", and then there's the excuses of "Therapeutic use exemption TUE", which seems very sketchy.

In the same way it's feels too good that Paula Radcliffe still holds the world record by a million miles, 20 years on, and even failed drug cheats haven't got close. She was also allowed the TUE for "asthma". If she was a different nationality, people would have been all over it.

The problem is, there's so much doubt from past offenders, that anyone actually clean will never be believed. And from the Lance Armstrong case - the heaviest ever user of drugs and cheating techniques at that level - never had a failed test stand. There was a set of 4 tests he failed, that they got round with a dodgy backdating of a made up TUE, but the rest was so cleverly managed and manipulated, that you can see it was and is possible to get round the rules.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
You may be confusing your sex life with sport. Although hang on, why not.
I played an entire season once high on weed. Used to always be nervy before matches and that cured it.

Cocaine I'm just speculating and tbh you'd need a bump midway through each half.

EasyE

Anything heavily testerone based would simply not be beneficial in an active training regime based on endurance. EPO and red blood cell manipulators would be right up there. HGH defo due to the injury recovery and general recuperation. Always hard to spot in lower doses. You can inject HGH direct into a troublesome joint for specific action on e.g. a dodgy ankle ligament.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Speed (aka amphetamine)! 1000%.

It would turn average defenders into prime Nesta, no less!

The level concentration would be seriously off the charts. :eek:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
You can inject HGH direct into a troublesome joint for specific action on e.g. a dodgy ankle ligament.
Yeah, this is something that wouldn't work, and something no one ever should consider doing.

MuFc_1992

Speed (aka amphetamine)! 1000%.

It would turn average defenders into prime Nesta, no less!

The level concentration would be seriously off the charts. :eek:
I've always wanted to play 5 a side while on ritalin/ Adderall.