g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Which player do you dislike the most?

Mou Mou Land

He genuinely looked like he was drunk at times.

Very odd player.

Not unlikeable, though, for me.
When I met him he was very 'big time Charlie' and 'look at me'. Thoroughly unlikeable and bombastic with incredibly boorish behaviour that he obviously thought was 'funny'. One or two more vocal people than me told him exactly what they thought of hi him [this was a golf club, and not a posh one!].

Revaulx

I can’t stand Kyle Walker, but am prepared to cut him a little bit of slack on account of knowing where he was brought up. Sheffield’s Lansdowne Estate is where they house the seriously dysfunctional.

Greenwood’s family are apparently completely normal and nice. I’m not sure United’s academy was the healthiest place to grow up at the time he was in it, though to its credit the club have recognised that and put a lot more pastoral resources into it now.

Yorke to Cole

I can’t stand Kyle Walker, but am prepared to cut him a little bit of slack on account of knowing where he was brought up. Sheffield’s Lansdowne Estate is where they house the seriously dysfunctional.

Greenwood’s family are apparently completely normal and nice. I’m not sure United’s academy was the healthiest place to grow up at the time he was in it, though to its credit the club have recognised that and put a lot more pastoral resources into it now.
Mason Greenwood's father is close friends with John Murtough

Bondi77

I am sure there is a PR team working furiously on it at the moment and you only have to look at Kobe to realise anything is possible.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
When I met him he was very 'big time Charlie' and 'look at me'. Thoroughly unlikeable and bombastic with incredibly boorish behaviour that he obviously thought was 'funny'. One or two more vocal people than me told him exactly what they thought of hi him [this was a golf club, and not a posh one!].
Heh, that's interesting.

Was this while he was still an active player?

Mou Mou Land

Not the greatest player, but I used to feel sorry for him at times. Because he was seen as Moyes's 'comfort blanket' panic signing, he seemed to take the brunt of the team criticism. He always seemed to try to me, but was just not up to it. It is also fair to say that a lot of the other players around him were shite too.

Reactions: 711

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Kanté. The evil bastard!
of course I know your tongue is digging into you cheek here, Kante is the most universally loved player. If he gets booed on an away match the whole stadium looks to stare out the guy who booed him.

Strootman's Finger

Not the greatest player, but I used to feel sorry for him at times. Because he was seen as Moyes's 'comfort blanket' panic signing, he seemed to take the brunt of the team criticism. He always seemed to try to me, but was just not up to it. It is also fair to say that a lot of the other players around him were shite too.
My feelings on him were in place before he came to United. Talentless hack that made up for his lack of talent by being dirty. Plus he looked like a walking bog brush.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Do you genuinely think any premier league players don't "try" out of interest?

wangyu

I don’t particularly like or dislike any of our players, I don’t know them personally.

TheRedHearted

antics
Bruno (whining and crying, hate how much he gives away but I love his contribution clearly. If he’s the only one who gives it away in our team, that’s okay but unfortunately we have many different culprit and it hurts what Ten Hag wants to do
McTominay (inconsistency
Elanga (massive inconsistency, and he says he’s upset with lack of playing time? What has he done that he deserves to play?)
Dalot and wan Bissaka for inconsistency

If I had to choose one for personality though it’s Bruno.

for performances its Mcsauce or AWB, or maguire For his strolling Around the back line with the ball.

for the record anyone who strolls into position when one of our cbs or fullbacks have the ball have to be disciplined. Has to be the utmost urgency then.

for performances gotta be maguire although it’s obvious how much he lacks confidence

Mou Mou Land

Most of the players I hated when they were active I've mellowed towards now, but Martin Keown is still a colossal twat. Loved him nearly getting laughed out of the studio when he came out with this spiel:
He always come across as he us trying to be a 'sage' like figure, as in the use of a slow delivery voice in a low register, trying to make us think he has thought long and hard about every issue and has finally decided to share his pearls of wisdom with the plebian audience.

I have no admiration for Simon Jordan at all, but on the rare times I listen, I almost want to call in and beg Keown to stop trying to argue with him.

Reactions: oates

sallycinnamin

Harald Toni Schumacher

40 years on and Battison still having acute back pain.
That night broken teeth, three broken ribs and damaged vertebrae.
Stretcher took six, seven minutes to arrive. Yet no card shown just a goalkick.

So how he came back six months later playing again I don't know. To this day hate Schumacher and that's a lot of years because hed plenty of time to step back but knew exactly what he was doing and full intent and no remorse then or afterwards. In fact just scorned and more or less made a mockery of it.

Last edited:

Mou Mou Land

Do you genuinely think any premier league players don't "try" out of interest?
I think there are many times one watches players and know they are not trying, often in pursuit of a move elsewhere, or personal grudge against someone.

Anyone who has watched Pogba and Ronaldo in recent history should be able to discern that.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I don't think he does, I just think that is how it comes.off when you are short and Scottish.
Yet again, posters on this forum think it is funny and acceptable to slander Scottish people.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Yet again, posters on this forum think it is funny and acceptable to slander Scottish people.
Weren't you the one giving it out too a female work colleague about scousers being "victims"? In what was, I am sure, a completely respectful exchange.

UK/Home Nations/Stupid wankers with too many borders for too little land/Scandi's and Americans aren't a protected species on this forum. Suck it up.

Bangor_Red

Robertson and Henderson are the two standout current players.

Said it many times you can clearly see the sly kicks and attempts to hurt opposition players from Robertson.

Henderson just always seems to have something to say to refs and players. Regularly goes out of his way to square up to and push opposition. Both seem to be immune to cards.

Fabinho was a quality player but this season seems to have lost his legs. Think he's been horrendously late and high a few times this season but I think he's slowed more than his brain accepts more than being dirty. Also appears to be immune to cards. Couldn't believe his reaction to try to get rodri sent off for his second pull back with the lack of yellows he's been shown for potential leg breakers/career enders he's inflicted this season

Mou Mou Land

I know that it is intolerable that we English stereotype [that is the proper word by the way] our northern cousins, and I recognise that you never hear a single anti English word from north of the border. From purely a personal point of view, I will admit that that is probably because I cannot understand a word being said.

I am not a legal eagle, but I am not sure if you can generically slander an actual 'people', merely a person - I thought it was a personal action. If I am wrong then I apologise profusely to our hopefully soon to be erstwhile neighbours.

Kopral Jono

In the active players front I have [Irrelevant point] the colossal twat, Busquets, Robertson, Van Dijk and Zinchenko off the top my head on my list. In the past I used to fecking despise David Batty, Danny Mills, Craig Bellamy, Steve McManaman, Martin Keown and Lauren to name a decent few. Nigel Winterburn also used to rub me the wrong way.

SirAF

Ageist
For what he was, he was oddly effective also always put in a shift. Not what we needed.
This, I always had a soft spot for Fellaini.

As for the OP: Jack Wilshere. Horrible little wannabe hardman.

GL21

Fred, so painfully below our required standard. Arms up the whole game either apologising or acting the composer telling martinez where to play towards. Pains me he's had many years at 120k of us. People say he gives everything but he very carefully 'choses' his tackles...a good hard 50 50 suddenly he's jogging towards it. Also cowardly in terms of receiving the ball under pressure. A few decent performances this year for sure but no where near it