Which player would you bring back from retirement to play for your team?

iHicksy

Normally i'd say Scholes. But, for this team, it has to be Keane. Having him around the dressing room alone would do wonders.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
Just looked him up there - awful to hear about his illness, but he did play in the Premier League for Wolves in 2011/12 :)
Yeah, but it was a token appearance in one of the worst Wolves sides in history during one of the worst seasons in our history. Sorry, I meant for the current side.

He was in the team that started our recovery in League One. He deserved to be part of our recent success and that was taken away from him by illness.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Ask again in 50 years and it'd probably still be the same
I thought OP meant the player would be in his prime.
Totally misunderstood.

That said, think he'd still do better than Matic.

Bwuk

Don't think the majority read the OP.

Beckham looked class in the legends game, I'd go with him. He looks fit still.

RvP probably 2nd choice. Only recently retired.

LoneStar

Has to be Beckham, he was class in the treble reunion match as well. And that's a position where we don't have any good option anyway.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Also, Dirk Kuyt, and then bench him for the entire season. Sanctimonious twat.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Zidane can still do a job, if training sessions are anything to go by.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Ask again in 50 years and it'd probably still be the same

As @do.ob implies, Schweinsteiger would be a horrendous choice. In all my years of going to Old Trafford, Schweinsteiger ranks as one of the worst midfielders I've seen play for us, and he was 4/5 years younger then!

Phil Neville and Phil Jones were better CMs for us than ol' Bastian.
That's not true. In his first season with you he was not that bad as you guys make it out to be now. I remember a lot of people in CAF were really impressed with him in the beginning before his injuries. Mourinho just scapegoated him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
That's not true. In his first season with you he was not that bad as you guys make it out to be now. I remember a lot of people in CAF were really impressed with him in the beginning before his injuries. Mourinho just scapegoated him.
Nah, I remember it clearly. He could barely run or pass the ball. Carrick was carrying the entire midfield alone as usual.

I hated having José as our manager. Never wanted him in the first place. However, his treatment of Schweinsteige r was one of the few things I thought he got right here.