g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Which players have credit in the bank for you?

UnitedFire

De gea
Shaw
Varane
Pogba
Bruno
Ronaldo
Sancho

These are the only players in our team that are really capable of playing in a title winning side and unfortunately Ronaldo likely doesn't have another season in him. I've been far less critical than others because he's largely playing alongside donkeys that aren't on his wavelength but even at that he'll be 38 next year. But we shouldn't get rid either we just need to buy a centre forward and have Ronaldo as our substitute option.

Sancho, pogba and Bruno are inconsistent this season but they clearly have the talent and more importantly they actually look to make things happen.

This summer we really need two centre mids, a centre back, a right back, a left winger, a centre forward and to renew pogba's contract. I reckon we'll get a centre mid and a centre forward, and maybe one other position. But we should be aiming to replace every player not mentioned in the seven above, not that they're all fantastic but they're certainly capable of playing in title winning teams
Pogba is capable of match winning moments and occasionally even performances, but I'm not convinced you even average out to 1 8+/10 performance every 10 games from him. Most of the time he is a distinctly average 5 or 6 out of 10 and can ruin the midfield.

We'd be much better off with a decent 7/10 player every week like Neves who could both dictate the tempo and provide control and stability to the midfield.

I genuinely think Pogba is one of the most over rated players ever. I'd have John O'Shea over Pogba :lol: :lol: :lol:

jm99

Pogba is capable of match winning moments and occasionally even performances, but I'm not convinced you even average out to 1 8+/10 performance every 10 games from him. Most of the time he is a distinctly average 5 or 6 out of 10 and can ruin the midfield.

We'd be much better off with a decent 7/10 player every week like Neves who could both dictate the tempo and provide control and stability to the midfield.

I genuinely think Pogba is one of the most over rated players ever. I'd have John O'Shea over Pogba :lol: :lol: :lol:
I mean I do get that has performances for us clearly haven't been great but look at him for juventus next to pirlo and Vidal, or France next to Kante, then his performances for us next to Fred and mctominay. Pogba is an extremely talented player but he's not a Roy Keane type that will elevate a poor midfield to a great one, he's a player who would excel with quality around him, and I think most people would agree we need two midfielders this summer. Assuming we sign them I think it would be folly to lose pogba just as we bring in the players that would actually allow him to shine

dalriada

I can cut players some slack because of the erratic strategy the club has followed for some time, epitomised by having to turn to a 36-year old club legend this season as though he would be the saviour. It's difficult to excuse players, though, for some of the outright poor quality performances this season at such a basic level, such as the ability to pass a ball or keep possession - the gulf between them and their counterparts at City and Liverpool in particular is huge and has widened this season.

So as far as who has credit, it depends if you're basing it on them as people, their commitment to the club and their potential, or on their performances. I wouldn't doubt for a moment McTominay or Fred for their love of the club and their intent, but you couldn't say they have a lot of credit in the bank for their performances this season - and I'm not picking on them, the same could be said of a number of players. I will always give Rashford credit for the example he sets as a footballer and a human being, but the performances haven't really been there since he came back from surgery. And so on.

So basing it on this season's performances, I'm afraid not too many have much credit in the bank:

- I exclude Elanga out of fairness as he's only 19 and new to the first team
- I also exclude, out of fairness, players such as Mata, Heaton and Jones, who can't be judged because they haven't had the opportunity to play.
- Of the rest, for me De Gea and Sancho still have credit. De Gea because he clearly cares and has proven this season that he's still a top goalkeeper despite many writing him off amid a chorus of calls for him to be replaced by Henderson. Sancho because, after a shaky start when he actually played very little, he's showing clear signs of the quality we hoped for.
- The rest, I'm afraid, don't have much credit at the moment. Some of them effectively lost Ole his job, they don't show much sign of improving under Rangnick (amid suggestions that they're "not happy" with him) and some of those who should be showing leadership on the pitch and justifying their wages and status aren't doing it.

lex talionis

The concept of "credit" doesn't make a lot of sense. All that matters right now is who's in form, when. But we do know that a handful of our players are in dreadful form and other players are simply dreadful, capable of the occasional decent performance. And some of our players are capable of incredible peak performances.

De Gea, Dalot, Varane, Pogba, Bruno, Ronaldo and Sancho are automatic starting XI players for me Filling out the roster it's a tossup between Telles and Shaw, Maguire or Lindelof, Fred or McTominay, and Rashford or Lingard (Elanga doesn't do it for me).

romufc

Considering that De Gea had been mostly great this season how did he manage to use his credits up?
De Gea has been great at shot stopping this season but there are also numerous times he has put us under pressure with his passing.

Also, DDG has been playing on his credit for the last 2 seasons. Most definitely improved this season in terms of consistency.

I am more talking about the players that had some credit, i.e Bruno, Rashford, Maguire, Shaw, AWB

Robertd0803

Sancho, Varane, Elanga, De Gea, Cavani and Bruno are all fine. Ive a blind spot for Ronaldo so Ill include him as well.

Im hopeful Rashford and Maguire can sort themselves out.

The majority of the rest are dependent on the day. Some like Telles and McTominay Ive nothing against but dont have a massive attachment to either.

AWB Ive no time for.

lost7

No one should have "credit left". If you don't perform, you should be benched, simple as.

Really hoping Sancho turns out to be the success I think he can be. He's not even 22, so could easily become a phenomenal player for years to come.

I also think Bruno can be one of the best players in the league if he plays to his strenghts and simplifies his game a bit, so we should definitely build around him

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Bruno will always have credit for the numbers he's achieved and work rate.

De Gea was almost in the red after 2 years of horrendous form but up until those 2 years, tied in with this season he's most definitely back in the black.

Sancho I have high hopes for, so for me and for his form the last 2-3 weeks that plus column is starting to fill up.

Too soon to talk about Dalot but his form is certainly picking up.

Lindelof may not have any money in the bank but I don't think he's overdrawn so with him it could swing either way.

Varane is still to early to talk about although the signs are positive.

As for the rest I don't think they can build up enough credit if they want to be part of a title winning squad so they can all basically feck off.