g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Which players have credit in the bank for you?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
For example, David De Gea has had his ups and downs here, but he always gives his all, and despite his flaws with cross collection and coming off his line, he does far, far more good for us than bad. He is also dependable, in relative terms. As far as I'm concerned, this gives him a greater grace period than anyone at the club, bar the youngsters, who shouldn't be placed under the same scrutiny.

I don't think players who have joined the club the summer gone should be judged in the same way as those who have been here long enough to have settled, etc. should, but if you feel they should be listed, it would be interesting to hear your reasoning for doing so.

I don't want to go through the squad as I'm curious to see which players remain in your own good graces, but I should think De Gea is one that would mostly be uniformly agreed upon, and if he isn't, it'd sure be interesting to read why.

So, if you had your way, and could keep the players you feel have earned a do-over in the next Matrix whilst binning off the rest, who makes it for you, and why - as in, what warrants their stay of execution, if you will?

romufc

In my view every player that had credit has used it up this season.

No player has any remaining credits left including Bruno and Rashford.

Its been a shit show of a season, however bad individually we are, the attackers dont want to work as a team either.

UnitedFire

De Gea agreed. Best player by far

Sancho showing promise and I'm sure will come good/ great.

Varane is very good, but injury issues are far from ideal.

Hard to be critical of Bruno, but certainly this season has not been so good for him.

I think the jury is out on the rest, but ultimately our midfield is so bad that I think it's inhibiting our whole team.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
In my view every player that had credit has used it up this season.

No player has any remaining credits left including Bruno and Rashford.

Its been a shit show of a season, however bad individually we are, the attackers dont want to work as a team either.
Pretty much this. Not necessarily "credit", but apart from:

Varane
Sancho
Elanga

I wouldn't shed tears about players leaving.

Denis79

My expectations aren't unreasonable. As long as I see a player give it their all I will never criticize. Bruno, Fred and Cavani are some of those players, they give it their all and even if it goes to shit, atleast they tried.

JB7

De Gea is having the most overrated season in living memory.

Mickson

Fred, De Gea and Varane. Fred always gives his all and has generally been decent under Rangnick despite being hated by the fanbase. De Gea, no expla nation needed. Varane, our best CB, new in the team, has been good.

Bruno?! Seven goals this season and three of them came in the first match.

Oranges038

They are all well overdrawn at this stage.

Time to call in the bailiffs.

romufc

Pretty much this. Not necessarily "credit", but apart from:

Varane
Sancho
Elanga

I wouldn't shed tears about players leaving.
Yep, well the ones you mentioned have built credit this season and are the ones that look like they can play football.

Elanga, I am not sure how good he is, one thing is he gives it his all, he will track back so that is a good thing. We have too many players who walk when we lose the ball.

red_de_pologne

DDG
Bruno
Varane
Sancho
Elanga
McTominay as a squad player (running thin)
Fred when utilised properly is a useful player and has the right attitude

On the fence with Rashy, I really hope he turns it around

Maticmaker

Varane (fantastic header of the ball, he rises like a salmon) since he's been here he has not really put a foot wrong, ... but a similar claim in their early days could be made for most new signings, Bruno, AWB, Cavani, Sancho, but after a while they begin to play 'the United way' ...but more likely its the pressure of being played in a team, with too many square pegs not enough round holes, etc, no apparent plans for attacking except down the flanks/over the top balls and only starting to defend when the opposition reaches the back four/our penalty box... and not even then!

Its a sh** show from top to bottom, Ralf's been brought in to shovel it out, but the owners seem to be either hiding the shovels from him, or 'blowing smoke' up his proverbial !!

Thiagoal

McT has consistently performed well for us and it’s clear he would do anything for the club- lots of credit in my eyes

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I don't deslike all our players but at the same time I'm not fussed if the majority of them go.

Not including new signings and youngsters:

Bruno - gives everything and kept Ole in a job a year longer than he should have.

Fred - gives everything and shown he can do a job for us.

Lindelof - as above. Never once gave less than his best despite being public enemy number 1 at times.

Dalot - got a lot of stick from fans but never once lets his head drop and always looks to go forward.

None of them would look out of place in a SAF squad.

I'd include Cavani for his efforts but he clearly doesn't want to be here anymore, and for me De Gea still hasn't learned some fundamental aspects of goalkeeping after all these years, and despite early promise that he would. He's given us his career but i do think we need to move on from him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably just Sancho. I think the rest of them I wouldn’t care at all if we sold or replaced them. I still think PP6 is still our most talented player, but at this point it’s probably best for all if we let him go.

red4ever 79

De God
Varane
Bruno
Ronaldo
Sancho
Elanga

That's it. The rest, i couldnt care less if they all left tomorrow and we used the U23 squad

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Out of those who were here before the summer:

De Gea - number of years he has been brilliant far outweighs his bad ones

Fred - always puts in a high-intensity shift, think this season he's much improved

Bruno - his first 18 months were nothing short of World Class performance. Still tries to be the difference maker in games this season.

Struggle to pick any others. Rashford and McT get some credit too but not to the same degree as these 3

Remember the geese

I would like to see these players under a new, permanent manager. Preferably ten Hag. There might be some who surprise you. Right now, I have a lot of time for Varane, Fernandes and Sancho. Lindelof and Fred too, to an extent. I would have included Pogba, but he more than likely won't be here next season. Others such as Shaw, Maguire and Rashford have been awful this season, but have proven in the past that they can be quality players.

UpWithRivers

Is there a player you wouldnt let go if we were offered decent money? I doubt it. Lets say Newcastle come in and offer 70/80 for De Gea would you let him go? Probably. And that goes for literally everyone in this team. No one has proved that they are capable of being consistent week in, week out, year in, year out. No one you would bet your house on leading us to a title. Are there some good players? Yes. Are there some potentially world class players? Yes. Have they proven it? No. Is there some likeable players? Yes. But if Rangnick or another head coach decides they are selling Rashford, De Gea and Bruno and bring in Haaland, Rice and Kounde for example would anyone cry? Nope.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
-DDG
-Fernandes
-Varane
-Dalot
-Telles
-Lindelof
-Sancho
-Elanga
-McT
-Pogba
-Cavani (when he's fit, doesn't have the legs to be relied on anymore and should be allowed to leave)

The other senior players are not utd quality or dont have the legs and should be moved out within the next 2-3 transfer windows.

JB7

Lets say Newcastle come in and offer 70/80 for De Gea would you let him go? Probably.
I hope to god you mean £70/80 rather than £70/80m because no club, except perhaps us, is that stupid.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Yep, well the ones you mentioned have built credit this season and are the ones that look like they can play football.

Elanga, I am not sure how good he is, one thing is he gives it his all, he will track back so that is a good thing. We have too many players who walk when we lose the ball.
Sure, but he seems to have a good attitude and hasn't been here very long. It be kind of sad it if he didn't get a chance and left after the summer. Others have gotten their chances, he hasn't.

Beyond those 3, I feel like half of the squad's attitude stinks and the other half just isn't that good.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Is there a player you wouldnt let go if we were offered decent money? I doubt it. Lets say Newcastle come in and offer 70/80 for De Gea would you let him go? Probably. And that goes for literally everyone in this team. No one has proved that they are capable of being consistent week in, week out, year in, year out. No one you would bet your house on leading us to a title. Are there some good players? Yes. Are there some potentially world class players? Yes. Have they proven it? No. Is there some likeable players? Yes. But if Rangnick or another head coach decides they are selling Rashford, De Gea and Bruno and bring in Haaland, Rice and Kounde for example would anyone cry? Nope.
We should sell maguire, shaw, rashford and henderson for 200 million to newcastle.

And give that money to rangnick/eth for the transfer kitty.

gza the genius

Rashford is the first one I can think of, he gets extra credit in the bank because I like him and hope he turns it around - most of the others I have no connection to.

I'd say Shaw, Varane, Lindelof, Fred, Sancho and Bruno are the others. And then youngsters. Don't think anyone else would be much of a loss and won't turn it around/make us look silly for letting them go.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
De gea does not give his all.

If Rashford is shouted out for not tracking back to help his fullbacks then De Gea is not giving it his all to try and help his defenders by coming off his line.

De gea is one of the least with credit for me.

romufc

De gea does not give his all.

If Rashford is shouted out for not tracking back to help his fullbacks then De Gea is not giving it his all to try and help his defenders by coming off his line.

De gea is one of the least with credit for me.
The only reason DDG has credit is his shot stopping. I still believe give another keeper time in goal, we will have 80% of DDG's shot stopping but we will have a all round keeper, sweeping up, claiming crosses and passing out well.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Put it this way - the only two players in the squad (not counting the kids) who I would really be upset about if a new manager came in and said that he wanted to sell them because they don't fit what he wants are Sancho and Varane. And arguably that's only because they are still new and haven't had long enough to really go to shit, but in theory both of them are also well suited to playing the more dominant team-oriented style that I want us to be playing.

Bruno has credit in the bank in the sense that he's been so good for us in the past, but I also recognise that if we wanted to play a more controlled possession-heavy style of football that he may struggle. I guess I would expect to see him get the chance in that system first though, but if he couldn't mesh then so be it.

Shaw is brilliant on his day and I would hope that he'll consistently get back to the form he had last season, but if the new manager is confident he won't do that then once again so be it.

I like Fred and in the right system I think he'd be an important player, but he also has obvious limitations. I like Rashford as a person, but he's been in poor form for two seasons now and his lack of effort actively makes it more difficult for the rest of the team. I like Ronaldo, but more because of what he bought in his first period at the club rather than the Ronaldo of today who is showing definite signs of decline. Lindelof is a brilliant 3rd choice if he's willing to stick around in that role and at the moment he should be first choice, but he shouldn't really be first choice long-term. Pogba has been mis-used throughout most of his time here and I do believe that with a better system he would have been far better, but despite that he still has to shoulder some blame as he still should have been better than he has been. And of course he's almost certainly leaving at the end of the season.

Otherwise it's all pretty much 'meh'. I'd be quite happy seeing any other player sold as long as it's to make room in the squad for good alternatives.

choccy77

DeGea.... United Through & Through
Dalot.... Is better than he knows
Fred.... He tries
Sancho.... Bedding in now
Bruno.... Next season will be better
Cavani..... Can still be a threat
Ronaldo.... Can still be a threat

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
De Gea
Varane
Fred
Bruno
Sancho

Not including youth players (no credit history). Everyone else has to put in the work and start showing results.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Fred
Bruno
Lindeolf
Varane
Sancho
Dalot
McT
Elanga

They all work very hard and the intensity is there with them

Cavani Maguire and Shaw were some of our best players last season but appear to not be “into it” this year and to be honest it’s pissing me off.