Which players would you sell to raise funds ?

AkaAkuma

Do many clubs have the resources to pay large transfer fees?

Barca and Inter have money trouble.

Idxomer

Jones, Rojo, Lingard, Romero, Dan james, Mata on top of those already out on loans with options to buy.

if we could get 30-40 million should help.
I think we could only get money for James in this list and maybe Lingard.

SirScholes

Bailly barely features
Pogba is off - just a matter of time
Lindelof isn;t good enough
Martial isn't good enough

These are the only players from my list who make the x11, or even the squad. So it's no big deal really

I agree it's hard to shift the volume of players we need to in a short period of time - but these are the changes we HAVE to make to transition the squad and start competing again.

Lindelof and Bailly are decent players - but they've been here a while now and we aren't exactly where we want to be. CB is an area we can immediately improve on, easily.

Pogba - he divides our fan base but his long term future isn;t here. He's had a long time here and has overall underwhelmed. He's had good moments, has great talent but he's not lived upto it here. He's off to Madrid - better accept it now.

Martial - again great talent but he's in and out with consistent form. Last season great, this season he's pretty average. Again he can be replaced easily.

Dynamic of the dressing room? We've had a pathetic dressing room for years - it's no bad thing shipping these players out, it will be a change for the better.

We cannot have the likes of Lingard/Jones sitting around for the money with NO motivation. We need change. We need players who want to be here.

Pogba/Martial are no real loss as long as we replace them with quality. Which we will
Jones lingard periera not an issue at all
But you dont build successful squads with just having a talented 11
Selling bailly and lindelof when they could be kept as rotation players is silly.
same for martial, we need competition for places. We’ll be back at square one, you’d lose half a season bedding your new squad in and bringing them up to speed with tactics
We aren’t getting any money for mata so I think he’d be better to keep around as an ambassador

RedDevilzFox

The only sellable asset we have, and one we should sell, is Pogba. We may get 40-50M for him. Rest we may get a bag of footballs for. Martial we should look to sell if there is a plan to buy Haaland or something. Otherwise, I don't see who fills in as our striker given Cavani is 33.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Sell - 160 million
Martial (70 m)
De Gea (30 m)
Lindelof (30 m)
James (20 m)
Matic (10 m)

Buy - 160 million
Onana (20 m)
Demiral (30 m)
Camavinga (40 m)
Adama Traoré (70 m)
Çalhanoğlu (free!)

Amad - Rashford - Adama
-----------Çalhanoğlu
----Pogba-------------Bruno
------------Camavinga
Demiral - Maguire - AWB
---------------Onana

The only weakness there is Maguire, but I don't believe we can realistically get rid of him anytime soon. He'll be replaced by Mengi eventually, while Greenwood needs to develop and displace Rashford from the #9 spot.
Fortunately, you are not in charge of our transfer business.

spiriticon

Out of the players I'm willing to let go, Pogba and Martial would get the most funds (at least £50 million each, if not way more for Martial). Lindelof would fetch a tidy enough sum but everybody else is worth pennies

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Apart from the obvious, I would sell De Gea.

The time has come for Henderson to get his chance next season and unfortunately with Dave on such ludicrous wages we can’t have him sat on the bench playing the odd cup game.

The only trouble with that is we allowed Sam Johnstone to go too soon, we have alienated Romero and the young lad from Shrewsbury is still very young. So we would need a cheap and reliable backup GK.
Based on what? Certainly not Henderson’s work this season.

Murray3007

Based on what? Certainly not Henderson’s work this season.
had that one howler v sheff utd i think it was, but rest of time he has looked pretty solid. de gea made far more mistakes, is having a decent run just now again

Red00012

I’d let Martial go if money was used for an upgrade on him .
Such a frustrating player to watch at the moment

Murray3007

don't even think its about just selling players, its the amount of deadwood we have here on mega wages, for fee i would be looking at Pogba and Martial to go, then looking at the likes of Matic, Mata, Jones, Lingard, Rojo etc to go, out all these players there is around 1m a week in wages

Bojan Djordjic

Probably a controversial one but I thought we should have sold Henderson last summer while his stock was very high. He's good without being excellent and struggles with the ball at his feet. DDG is still relatively good and will be impossible to shift on his current salary so may as well get the most out of him until there is a truly excellent keeper available in the market.

I would also sell Bailly if his stock continues to rise. Realistically he's never going to be durable enough to get consistent returns from him but if we can time it well, we might actually get a decent fee which we could reinvest in the squad.

The Oracle

Sell:
Donny back to Ajax for £40m
Lingard to Europe for £15m
Phil Jones to any club for -£10m*

*would have to pay a club that amount to take Phil Jones off our hands

Total from surplus requirements:
£45m

Who to bring in?
£45m + £35m from transfer kitty =

Jack Grealish

:)

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I'm sure you'd end up having to pay a portion of many of those players salaries in order to sell them.
The problem is we unnecessarily extended a few of those players instead of letting their contracts run out on a free and saving current n future wage money. If we are looking to get back to the top I would consider it a reasonable expense to swallow a loss of a few million pounds to free up the wage bill and potentially get more quality squad depth in.

OhGee

I would sell the whole lot of them and the bloody manager too...remind me again why we need to raise funds????

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Martial - he’s not consistent enough and doesn’t seem to be hard working enough. He’s at an age where he can still turn it around for himself and we would probably get a good fee because of it

Andersonson

Sell - 160 million
Martial (70 m)
De Gea (30 m)
Lindelof (30 m)
James (20 m)
Matic (10 m)

Buy - 160 million
Onana (20 m)
Demiral (30 m)
Camavinga (40 m)
Adama Traoré (70 m)
Çalhanoğlu (free!)

Amad - Rashford - Adama
-----------Çalhanoğlu
------------Camavinga
Demiral - Maguire - AWB
---------------Onana

The only weakness there is Maguire, but I don't believe we can realistically get rid of him anytime soon. He'll be replaced by Mengi eventually, while Greenwood needs to develop and displace Rashford from the #9 spot.
How much FM do you play? This is beyond silly and lame

Redlyn

I think anyone who suggests fecking Traore should be pepper sprayed.

Craig Ward

Jones lingard periera not an issue at all
But you dont build successful squads with just having a talented 11
Selling bailly and lindelof when they could be kept as rotation players is silly.
same for martial, we need competition for places. We’ll be back at square one, you’d lose half a season bedding your new squad in and bringing them up to speed with tactics
We aren’t getting any money for mata so I think he’d be better to keep around as an ambassador
I never suggested keeping a talented 11, i'm fully aware we need more quality around the squad.

Sell Martial and replace him.

We need a new CB anyway, so no issue letting Lindelof or Bailly go either.

They're all replaceable or not featuring the players i've mentioned.

We've just signed two attackers in Pellistri and Diallo. We have James/Rashford/Cavani. If we sign a quality replacement for Martial - it improves the squad rather than limits it

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’d try to cash in on AWB & Maguire. English tax & that. I think Lindelof or Bailly next to a world class partner would be fine for challenging on all fronts. Nothing against those 2 players, but Maguire is a good CB & AWB is extremely limited. Good and limited can be massively upgraded on. I’d take 60m for Maguire & 40 for AWB. It’s a loss I know but it’s still more than they are worth.

onemanarmy

I’d try to cash in on AWB & Maguire. English tax & that. I think Lindelof or Bailly next to a world class partner would be fine for challenging on all fronts. Nothing against those 2 players, but Maguire is a good CB & AWB is extremely limited. Good and limited can be massively upgraded on. I’d take 60m for Maguire & 40 for AWB. It’s a loss I know but it’s still more than they are worth.
There are at least 10 players I'd sell before those.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

There are at least 10 players I'd sell before those.
Would we get any money for those players though? I’m talking about 2 valuable assets who could be easily improved upon. Sure, sell Jones, Rojo, Lingard, James etc, but we’ll get a plate of sausages & tomato ketchup for them.

onemanarmy

Would we get any money for those players though? I’m talking about 2 valuable assets who could be easily improved upon. Sure, sell Jones, Rojo, Lingard, James etc, but we’ll get a plate of sausages & tomato ketchup for them.
So sell AWB and Maguire, buy 1 new RB and CB and have no depth whatsoever when we let go of Rojo, Dalot, Jones etc? Get rid of all the rubbish players on high wages, as we've been doing first. Keep Maguire, Bailly, Lindelof, Tuanzebe and AWB. Add a quality RB and CB, just as we've done on the left. The players need competition for their places. AWB has none. If you buy a new RB and let him go, that new RB doesn't have competition either. Again, one injury away from disaster. If both transfer work out, you could argue to let go 1 CB.

you really dislike Maguire.

youmeletsfly

Martial - 45 m
Mata - 2M
Matic - 6-8 M
Lingard - 10 M
AWB - 35 M
Jones - 2 M
Rojo - 2 M
James - 5 M
Mctominay - 25 M

It’s not about dislike it’s about improving the squad & maximising the budget. We’d get more for Maguire than Bailly & Lindelof combined. All 3 are similar level in ability, all 3 need a top quality partner.
disagree. Maguire is the better defender. His partner is where we make an improvement.

even if you disagree, I can’t understand why anyone would advocate selling him, when any replacement would be an unknown quantity and the guy is always fit.

AaronRedDevil

Some of these prices are laughably low. Thank feck yer not in the club. De Gea for 30m :lol:

dal

£60 Net spend

Sales

Martial - £45 million
Pogba - £65 million
Lingard - £10 million
Total - £120 million

Buy

Grealish - £80million
Sancho - £100 million
Total £180 million

Grealish Sancho Rashford Diallo Cavani Bruno Greenwood.

I’d be very happy with that.

Grealish, Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood can all play upfront.

It’s a risk but the above relies on Greenwood becoming a nailed down striker. Also selling VDB for a proper midfield 2 player.

I still believe there’s enough goals in the above and it would be incredibly exciting.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Sell - 160 million
Martial (70 m)
De Gea (30 m)
Lindelof (30 m)
James (20 m)
Matic (10 m)

Buy - 160 million
Onana (20 m)
Demiral (30 m)
Camavinga (40 m)
Adama Traoré (70 m)
Çalhanoğlu (free!)

Amad - Rashford - Adama
-----------Çalhanoğlu
------------Camavinga
Demiral - Maguire - AWB
---------------Onana

wtf is this ? looks like a 11 year olds fifa save. That team would get torn apart in the league. Also, Mengi is more likely to play in League 2 than replace Maguire. And Onana isn’t half the keeper De Gea is.

I don’t mean to piss in your chips, but your team is legit terrible & far inferior to our current side. You would have us mid table conceding a feck ton of goals & not scoring many either.

SirScholes

wtf is this ? looks like a 11 year olds fifa save. That team would get torn apart in the league. Also, Mengi is more likely to play in League 2 than replace Maguire. And Onana isn’t half the keeper De Gea is.

I don’t mean to piss in your chips, but your team is legit terrible & far inferior to our current side. You would have us mid table.
haha I was thinking the same

Macedonian Red

Sell
Pogba 70m
VDB 40m
Lingard 10m
Jones 5m
James 15m
Pereira 10m
Dalot 20m
Mata free
Rojo free
Romero free
= 170m.

Buy
Sancho 90m
Grealish 90m
Upamecano 40m
Aarons 20m
Tielemans 50m
=290m

GK DDG/Henderson
CB Maguire, Upamecanо, Lindelof, Bailly, Tuanzebe
FB AWB, Aarons, Shaw, Telles
MID Fred, Scott, Matic, Tielemans, Bruno
ATT Grealish, Rashford, Martial, Cavani, Sancho, Greenwood, Amad.

Grealish will play at the wings and sometimes in midfield(when Bruno need rest/is injured).

Last edited:

wolvored

The players we need to move on wouldn't command a fee or very little. If we need to sell to buy I would sell Martial. He would probably go for £50 million. Hes 25 and isnt really improving one bit. He had a good few months last season, but reverted this season to the inconsistant player he is. In reality Pogba will probably be the next to go for around £40-50 million.