Which post Fergie Era would you be willing to go through again?

SaintMuppet

None of them are what I would call ‘eras’

But to answer your question they were all pretty shit and I’d like to forget everything. At least LVG was entertaining and we could keep the ball so maybe that bit......

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Easily Jose's

We forget how good (in relative terms) his first season was, 2 trophies and Zlatan :drool:

I'm pretty sure with a time machine we could ensure things didn't go sour as well
For me it absolutely has to be 2017/8 when Jose to a bang average squad to 2nd place finish with 80 points.

Greck

Of all the failed coaching philosophies we've been through the one I'd give another chance was LVG's. He was just really bad at buying the right players for his football. He bought technically poor players to play a highly technical system

Greck

LVG but with someone else signing the players. His philosophy would have eventually come good. His philosophy is more modern than all the others we have had and is the closest one to Pep.
My thoughts exactly. Moreover LVG brought it at a time when everyone thought it couldn't work in England. It didn't but after seeing what Pep has done guarantee we would have more patience.

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
Ffs, how about people answer the question as intended or stay the **** out of the thread?

I'd go through the LVG era again if I had to choose. There was a real sense he was trying to build towards something. A clear plan. Unfortunately the execution of this plan just was not good enough. But for a long time I had hope it might just click at some point.

youmeletsfly

LVG, easily.
The guy was wrong on a few levels but:
- he was promoting youth
- his team kept the ball
- at times we played some good footie (even if 60% of the time we were rather dull)
- got a few decent results against the top6
- looked like the only one interested in improving in the whole architecture of the club

I liked that he was always very honest with the media, especially when talking about the club.

Jose was acid and Moyes was in Ole's position, midtable manager.

SAFMUTD

None of them are what I would call ‘eras’

But to answer your question they were all pretty shit and I’d like to forget everything. At least LVG was entertaining and we could keep the ball so maybe that bit......
You serious? the games in my country are transmited between 5 and 9 a.m. I lost count at how many games I felled sleep when LVG was manager.

red thru&thru

Knowing what I know now? Lvg. We controlled games but just didn't have the cutting edge...something which I believe could have developed. I just hated the fact under Jose we gave up so much possession.

Lee565

The thing with LVG's tenure compared to Mourinho's was that the players under lvg were tolerable with the exception of di maria who was quickly benched for not pulling his weight and the transfer fees and salaries didnt get out of hand under him either like it all did under Mourinho.

Last edited:

Will Singh

My brain telling me to say Mourinho but my heart says LVG, I think he fitted the “United way” more then then the other 2 in terms of playing youth. Also was very ruthless how we got rid of him which at the time I was thinking yes we need to be but right now I think it was unfair...

So LVG was out of the 3