Which post Fergie Era would you be willing to go through again?

meamth

If you have to go through it again, which era will you choose?

Moyes, LVG or Mourinho?

Keep it civil.

EDIT:
Moyes - Watching his prophecy as the chosen one failed in spectacular fashion, and his magnificent crossing football.

LVG - For the first time in United history, football maniac's wife live in joyful and stable relationship because their man had enough sleep and seems disinterested in watching live games.

Mourinho - The entertaing football that is pragmatism.You have to read again all the toxic threads in caf in his 3rd season.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure what you mean, OP and title is different.

Anyways if I want to choose era then I would go with Van Gaal's one. That was better all things considered.

Tickle Lad

Supports
Leicester City
Mourinho was far and away the best as he hit the highest heights, and whilst you could also say he hit the lowest low in my opinion this was through minimal fault of his own.

LVG wasn't *that* bad, just mediocre from start to finish.

Moyes was similar to LVG but instead of being mediocre, he seemed full blown out of his depth.

stepic

if i had to pick one it would be LVG, and hope that we eventually figured out the philosophy as opposed to the uninspiring drab we did produce.

RedNed77

This is the worst "would you rather" question i've ever heard. All options are utterly terrible. Probably LVG though if you made me pick, it was incredibly boring but we were largely competent and stable going into the big games.

Infra-red

In terms of results? Solskjaer has the lowest win %.

In terms of actually watching the football, LvG was the worst, by an absolute country mile. Just terrible, terrible football.

Mourinho's era was probably the least soul destroying overall.

Siorac

That four game streak with Van Gaal. Last time I felt like we had a genuine reason for optimism.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’d go through LVG as Pool were even more shite than us during those seasons and City weren’t great either. At the moment us being shite is made even more insufferable by those two being so good.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure why others are ignoring other clubs.

During Van Gaal era, we weren't much worse than other big clubs. Also City and Liverpool won nothing.
During Jose's time, City completely dominated the league, Liverpool dominated CL. 2 of the worst possible combination for Manutd fan. To make it worse, they are miles better than us.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Moyes. It was such a trainwreck but could be darkly humourous at times. The Fulham Crossing Horror-show is a match (and time on this forum) I'll never forget.

Wilt

Worst era Moyes.

Worst football LVG.

Best era of the three Mourinho, at least he gave us some hope and managed to put smiles on faces before it all went tits up.

Renegade

Start of 16/17 season. Mourinho 1st season.

Zlatan, Pogba, Bailey and Mkhi. World class De Gea. Prospects in Martial and Rashford. Ball playing CB in Blind. Herrera showed potential season before. Smalling coming of the back of his best season I recall.

I’d be lying if I said I wasnt excited for that season.

Andy_Cole

I’d go through LVG as Pool were even more shite than us during those seasons and City weren’t great either. At the moment us being shite is made even more insufferable by those two being so good.
Yeh this. The Leicester title win was a good season to go through.

Crashoutcassius

This one. If you just accept that we are in a fight for top 4 and not the fecking title or a stroll to 3rd then you'll find plenty of things to enjoy about this season. Hoping for exciting additions to squad too now lukaku and sanchez are shifted.

Sir Scott McToMinay

The Moyes season

It was one of the seasons I were invested in the club the most, it was new and weird supporting a normal club, a team that could possibly lose any week, to any side, that was entirely new to me.
It was also only one season, no chance I’m going through two LvG seasons again, the football was simply unwatchable.
The only entertaining thing during the Van Gaal era were the press conferences.

Last edited:

meamth

The Moyes season

It was the one of the seasons I were invested at the club the most, it was new and weird supporting a normal club, a team that could possibly lose any week, to any side, that was entirely new to me.
It was also only one season, no chance I’m going through two LvG seasons again, the football was simply unwatchable.
The only entertaining thing during the Van Gaal era were the press conferences.
So you went to bed after press conferences? :lol:

jem

This is the worst "would you rather" question i've ever heard. All options are utterly terrible.
That’s what makes it such a compelling question. I’d go with LVG - there was always the feeling it might be about to click and he promoted young players.

Havak

Pokemon master
Has to be José. It's massively offset by how bad his third season went, but the first two were significantly better than anything Moyes or Van Gaal managed in their tenure, both in terms of quality of football played and trophies won, with a 2nd place finish to boot.

redshaw

With Jose we had that few first few months in his second season where we'd score four goals a lot and we also had some good comebacks in his time. LVG I like him as a person but the football was truly boring. Problem with Jose is I feel he disrespected the club and wasn't ready to get his career back on track after the Chelsea debacle, he's quite a scowling odious man that we shouldn't have hired. Sir Bobby was right if the reports are true.

For many reasons they're all equally bad. I suppose I'd go back to Moyes if I had to, fresh off the back of a title win with no idea what's to come with some optimism things would be sorted next season. LVG and Jose in their entirety are soul destroying and went on for years, Moyes was months.

Bestietom

Mourinho as we managed to beat the top teams, but only because of that. None of them really.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If I had to pick a period of time, it would either be those few months under LVG where we beat Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield and City 4-2 at home.

Either that or the first month or so of Ole's reign.

RedDevilRoshi

Start of 16/17 season. Mourinho 1st season.

Zlatan, Pogba, Bailey and Mkhi. World class De Gea. Prospects in Martial and Rashford. Ball playing CB in Blind. Herrera showed potential season before. Smalling coming of the back of his best season I recall.

I’d be lying if I said I wasnt excited for that season.
None of them but if I had to choose one, then probably this.

Jonno

Mourinho did the best out of the 3.

Zlatan lifting trophies made me think we were on our way back.

Shame it didn’t work out