Which Youth Players Should Go on the Summer Tour?

Suus

The strangest omissions (unless they're injured or have girlfriends in labor) hsve to be James Wilson (better than Will Keane) and Guillermo Varela. Why take only 1 RB but 4 GKs?
Said Janko aswell. He was highly praised by the youth department during the PotY-awards. Hes such a big and fast lad.

Sid234

Wilson has a knock and can only do non-contact training…he was due to go but had to pull out. I understand Powell has a knock as well but don't know extent.
Any idea about Henriquez? Should be ahead of Will Keane in the pecking order?

FromTheBench

Any idea about Henriquez? Should be ahead of Will Keane in the pecking order?
I think both are on par probably.

Said Janko aswell. He was highly praised by the youth department during the PotY-awards. Hes such a big and fast lad.
Janko wasn't going unless we took 30+ players or something. He is further down the line right now though he can leapfrog this season.

The strangest omissions (unless they're injured or have girlfriends in labor) hsve to be James Wilson (better than Will Keane) and Guillermo Varela. Why take only 1 RB but 4 GKs?
Agree on those 2 names completely. It seems we will be seeing more of Jones, Valencia and Smalling at RB this season.

But biggest surprise got to Powell.

Brightonian

Again, they've clearly taken the ones who need to be assessed and either given chances or moved on this summer. Hence Blackett, the Keanes etc. Wilson and Varela have time - we'd probably be keeping them here even if LVG decided it was too soon for them. So there's no rush to decide what to do with them on the tour.

Glanville95

Didn't Vermijl also say something about van Gaal wanting to take two players per position? Although he did take four keepers...

We've taken three conventional number nines in Rooney, Welbeck and W. Keane, with van Gaal perhaps fluctuating between the use of one forward or two in certain games on tour, so three might be the correct number to take while allowing Kagawa and Mata sufficient game time. Rooney and Welbeck are nailed on to go on tour, so like Brightonian has eluded to, maybe it was simply one of the other with Wilson and W. Keane for the other squad berth and van Gaal merely wants to assess Keane more, while Wilson will continue in the U21's.

khoazany

It has been confirmed that Wilson was pulled out from the tour list - originally in the squad.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Again, they've clearly taken the ones who need to be assessed and either given chances or moved on this summer. Hence Blackett, the Keanes etc. Wilson and Varela have time - we'd probably be keeping them here even if LVG decided it was too soon for them. So there's no rush to decide what to do with them on the tour.
That certainly makes some sense, though surely someone thinks that Blackett et al have a chance to make it still or they wouldn't have bothered. Blackett is really the only one that seems strange, not heard anyone mentioning him as a possible first team player.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
is Pearson going? I might be overrated him by saying I rather have him in our midfield than the likes of Fellaini and friends(with Carrick out), but a good pre-season could make him a choice in this area if Cleverley and Fellaini continue to dissappoint. That is if we do not get a number 6 this summer.

Brightonian

That certainly makes some sense, though surely someone thinks that Blackett et al have a chance to make it still or they wouldn't have bothered. Blackett is really the only one that seems strange, not heard anyone mentioning him as a possible first team player.
Yes exactly, but a last chance, hence why it's important to get a look at them asap so that if he's not impressed we have time to try and move them on.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Yes exactly, but a last chance, hence why it's important to get a look at them asap so that if he's not impressed we have time to try and move them on.
I don't know, why is having time to move on players who aren't good enough so important? I'd be more worried about finding the players who could be useful to me, if I was van Gaal.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I don't know, why is having time to move on players who aren't good enough so important? I'd be more worried about finding the players who could be useful to me, if I was van Gaal.
Maybe Blackett can be useful. Imo I think it is because we are obviously lacking a back-up LB and van Gaal needs to know if he will have to sign one or he can use Blackett or Reece James. Whereas for the likes of Rothwell and Pearson we aren't in dire need for a CM squad player so van Gaal can take his time and look at them after as we know they aren't going anywhere.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Maybe Blackett can be useful. Imo I think it is because we are obviously lacking a back-up LB and van Gaal needs to know if he will have to sign one or he can use Blackett or Reece James. Whereas for the likes of Rothwell and Pearson we aren't in dire need for a CM squad player so van Gaal can take his time and look at them after as we know they aren't going anywhere.
That certainly makes sense, as much as we have lacked something special in midfield, we do have numbers.

I wish we had brought 2 of Vermijl, Varela and Janko too, though, to fight for a back-up RB spot.

Sure, Jones, Valencia and Smalling have played at RB, but they all hinder our play in that position, imho.