Who’s the penalty taker when/if Bruno, Pogba and Rashford are all fit?

MikeeMike

For me, I would simply rotate the Penalty duty between the three. My reasoning is A) Its clear who is going to take next one. B) Less pressure if you miss one as spotlight is away from you. C) Keepers analyze the method and rotation gives variation and less predictability.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Bruno is the better penalty taker but u want Rashford to keep adding to his goal tally so Rashford. Bruno can take freekicks

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Bruno is probably better at it but it's always good for a forward to score goals so Rashford isn't a ridiculous shout. Hopefully Bruno sets him up for enough to replace the pens I suppose.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Seems mental to me that there are quite a few people over a couple of threads who would rather Bruno was off pens because he doesn't take what they consider a "normal" penalty.

It's like picking Ashley Giles over Muralitharan because he had a nice orthodox bowling action :lol:

criticalanalysis

If rashford is going to become a top centre forward I hop he starts demanding pens and becoming gready for goals...
Rashford. He should be demanding to take pens.
Agree.

It's not just about the conversion %, it's also about the player development, their status in the squad and what they represent to club.

I'm not going all fairy tale, roy of the rovers but I believe it should be Rashford for the reasons above.

SAFMUTD

Not going to lie, I really dislike the way Pogba and Bruno take penalties, but with Bruno seems it works for him so I’d continue with him, Rashford second choice.

Slik

Guess you can never expect rationality. Where a kid whose missed 2 penalties already this season is considered over a person with 100% record for United and 22 penalties out of 24 in career overall

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
The only good penalty method is the one that goes in. For all I care, Bruno could helicopter his way into the kick as long as he scores.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
How is Greenwood at pens?

He seemed to be on a trajectory to becoming the best finisher in open play ahead of Martial, if he isn’t already.

Hughie77

I'd stick with Bruno, if he's on pitch, otherwise Rashford, if niether on then it's Pogba or Martial, I bet Fred could take a decent pen as well.

Walters_19_MuFc

You'd think it should be Bruno, but I think Rashford would probably have something to say, seeing as he's a forward and wants goals.

I like the way Rashford takes pens. Kind of like Kane. Power and precision, more often than not.

Bruno, like Pogba, has a cheeky way of taking them. Bruno is obviously superior, but I'd be slightly pissed if he was to take it the way he did and miss.

I think, in Rashford and Bruno, we have two very good penalty takers. Probably lean more towards Bruno at the moment though for obvious reasons.

A-man

It will be tough for Rashford to come back and not take any free kicks nor penalties, but that is probably what will happen.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Bruno then Rashford then striker.
Best penalty taker first, always. Nothing else need come into it.

Pogba has only been given them because of his status. He doesn’t have the technique nor the confidence he portrays.

-Supreme-

It's great to see Bruno gives Rashford an opportunity to score from the spot yesterday to build his confidence in front of goal.

But the main question is that if Bruno should always be our primary penalty taker if he's on the field given his high success rate?

Handré1990

It's great to see Bruno gives Rashford an opportunity to score from the spot yesterday to build his confidence in front of goal.

But the main question is that if Bruno should always be our primary penalty taker if he's on the field given his high success rate?
I think he should, but it’s important to get Marcus going so that was absolutely the right decision yesterday.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Bruno then Rashford then striker.
Best penalty taker first, always. Nothing else need come into it.

Pogba has only been given them because of his status. He doesn’t have the technique nor the confidence he portrays.
Agree on the confidence as anyone playing in this team over the past 3 years would be lacking some confidence.
But Pogba's technique is the best in the league and it is not even close.

Only thing is, it didnt happen that way, Rashford took the ball because he is more senior and is the orginal pen taker along with Pogba.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I would say i'm not the biggest fan of swapping takers, especially as Bruno has proven to be so lethal from the spot. I am pleased that Rashford scored yesterday but I still would prefer he leaves them to Bruno.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

When ref awarded second penalty vs Spurs, Rashford was ready to take it. Both are on penalty duties.

Lj82

Agree on the confidence as anyone playing in this team over the past 3 years would be lacking some confidence.

Only thing is, it didnt happen that way, Rashford took the ball because he is more senior and is the orginal pen taker along with Pogba.
Wait, you think Pogba has the best penalty technique in the league? I won't even want him to take one in a shootout for Utd!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
His penalty technique, ignoring the barmy run up, is average at best

Revan

Assumptionman
When ref awarded second penalty vs Spurs, Rashford was ready to take it. Both are on penalty duties.
Yep, this is the thing where Ole should intervene. Rashford is good at pens, but Bruno is one of the best at it. No reason to divide the penalties between them.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I think Ole just wanted to get Rash a goal, and Bruno will take them from here on.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yep, this is the thing where Ole should intervene. Rashford is good at pens, but Bruno is one of the best at it. No reason to divide the penalties between them.
100% this. Ole must step in and decide. I don't like this that players decide on the pitch. What will happen when both want to take it? Against Bournemouth it was 1-1 and instead Bruno taking it as our best pk taker, Rashford did it to end his goal drought. Sure, it ended well for us but what if it didn't?
It is matter of time when we will have that disgraceful situation when two players fighting for pen. Manager's job is to decide. Period.

H10

Huseyin 10
It has to be Bruno. He's looked very composed and I liked how the last pen he took for us, the run up was a different to his previous ones. Added that unpredictably makes the saving of it that bit harder.

-Supreme-

Rashford's record is much worst than I expected

100% this. Ole must step in and decide. I don't like this that players decide on the pitch. What will happen when both want to take it? Against Bournemouth it was 1-1 and instead Bruno taking it as our best pk taker, Rashford did it to end his goal drought. Sure, it ended well for us but what if it didn't?
It is matter of time when we will have that disgraceful situation when two players fighting for pen. Manager's job is to decide. Period.
Exactly my thoughts.

MikeeMike

For me, I would simply rotate the Penalty duty between the three. My reasoning is A) Its clear who is going to take next one. B) Less pressure if you miss one as spotlight is away from you. C) Keepers analyze the method and rotation gives variation and less predictability.
Also like to see a really short run up method. Maybe just two steps. For me, the keeper gets a rythm/feeling for where it will be struck on the run up and can time his save attempt with more inertia.
1 or 2 steps and keeper is flat footed

mattunited1978

doommonger
Bruno should be on every pen when a games still in the balance, pissed me right off Rashford taking that yday. It didnt cost us thankfully but your best pen taker should be taking them unless the games already wrapped up, then you can get sumone else there goal...Not at 1 - 1

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Just a reminder that we already dropped points because of it. That two points could result with us losing CL. Ole must cut this anarchy about it. Yes, i know that when things go well it looks like how our players are all friends and that and that we have good mood in squad but it could be costly (like it did).

Enough is enough. If it is 3.0 or 4.0 then ok, give it to AWB or Dave to score because it is their birthday or they got a baby or something. But when game is tied best pk MUST take it without any conversation with others. I am personally very pissed on Rashford here.

Rafaeldagold

I think with pens it’s beginning to look like Ole doesn’t have a first choice pen taker, or if he does the players don’t listen to him.

Kinda odd Bruno didn’t take our last one, great pen taker, never misses but Rashford has it? Which wasn’t the best pen either.. I don’t know, just unsure on the players just choosing on the day. Feel like a manager should say ‘ Bruno you’re clearly our best pen taker, you are our designated taker’