Who actually lives in Manchester?

Chabon

i.e. "the who is going to have to actually deal with this shit" thread.

Anybody had any particularly bad gloating hurled at them yet? I actually discovered that City won the title by the roars emanating from a nearby house, having abandoned the match at 2-2 to pace in the garden. I've avoided anything face to face so far, but it's only a matter of time. I don't even want to leave the house, but tomorrow I'm visiting a friend in Lancaster, and I'm considering not coming home for the foreseeable future.

Oh, and I don't even live in the city of Manchester, I instead have the good fortune to live in Stockport. :(

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
That's going to be hell. I'd just leave the house dead early each morning and return via a taxi to your door.

I'm currently living down in Bristol at the moment but it hasn't stopped the bitter bastard mates back home latching on. Resorted to turning the phone onto flight mode. Thank feck work won't be too much of a problem.

Ralaks

thankfully it isn't really bad here in Denmark, there's the usual cnut but honestly most people hate city (at least the people I know, maybe they're just being nice, oh well) because they won the lottery.

Only gloater I had was a Everton fan, told him to get bent.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I live in Merseyside and nearly everyone I know supports Liverpool. When it's good it's really good and when it's bad it's really bad.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
My sympathy are with you guys true Manchester lads.Just accept all the jokes and do not give them a reaction otherwise they'll get exactly what they want.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Me.

My brother is a ST holder at Shitty, just got back in and is quite drunk but amicable, says City were shit today and at the end it was like playing with 14 players with their ex players playing so shit for QPR.

Work will be a pain but hey ho.

MUFCgal

We have a family down the street from us who are City supporters, I only recently discovered this. But I do think they've supported them for years.

They know I'm a United supporter, so no doubt when I see them in the next day or two, they'll have a lot to say and gloat about.

I do have sympathy for the Manchester ones on here, to be faced with it all around you. Stay strong, don't let the bastards grind you down.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
We have a family down the street from us who are City supporters, I only recently discovered this. But I do think they've supported them for years.

They know I'm a United supporter, and I couldn't face walking my dogs down the street past their house tonight. I just wanted to leave it, for tonight at least.
Why don't you knock on the door in your holiday bikini and congratulate them.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

They know I'm a United supporter, so no doubt when I see them in the next day or two, they'll have a lot to say and gloat about.

I do have sympathy for the Manchester ones on here, to be faced with it all around you. Stay strong, don't let the bastards grind you down.
Let your dog take a massive dump in front of their house

Chabon

Although, how did you know it wasn't United fans cheering the final whistle?
Natural pessimism? I didn't know for certain, but when I heard that yell my heart damn near stopped. Then a few seconds later (I presume upon changing the channel to the City match) one of the people I was watching with screamed "oh no they've scored!" from the house. I think walking away was the best thing, all these reds talking about their experience of watching the final whistle go and then changing the channel to see that lot celebrate...it sounds horrendous.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Gotta suck. Very few people in Iceland are City fans. I know of two. The idiots that enjoy this are Liverpool fans and there is a bunch of them. Doesn't matter if you use logic. They're like cockroaches. Nothing affects them and they keep on doing their stuff anyway.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I used to live there but I live only over the pennines now. Walked into a pub last week that has suddenly become the epicentre for the Halifax Branch of Citys supporters club or some shite like that. Had to wait there as well as we had arranged to meet some friends in there. feckin hell it was awful, song after song on the jukebox by Oasis and the odd Blue moon thrown in. Flags, scarves, singing and all I could do was sit there. Then I thought 'feck it' and put United Road on the jukebox, followed by 'United we stand' by Judas Priest. At least it shut those feckers up for a little bit! small victories.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Don't live in Manchester but I work within a stones throw from Old Trafford.

Unfortunately, I know lots of City fans :(

EDIT: OK, perhaps not quite a stones throw. But you get my point...

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Don't really mind. They deserve it; have some cracking fans.

Things will change, however, if any City fan decides to rub my face in it, metaphorically.

If that happens, his face is going in a bin.

NM

City "fan" in the office I go to during the week. He doesn't even know the players names. I will smash if he annoys me too much.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
I know one City fan here in London. A colleague. He's an old cnut and is generally a top bloke. No one else I know or see is a City fan.

Not like I'd give it a shit either way. Don't mind the gloating, as when things are going our way (or even when they're not), I usually give it back to anyone ten fold.

pauldyson1uk

I am not back in work till Friday night but fully expect some shit.
What can you do but just take it , we have give it out enough over the years but I can laugh at all the Liverpool fans that come in.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Natural pessimism? I didn't know for certain, but when I heard that yell my heart damn near stopped. Then a few seconds later (I presume upon changing the channel to the City match) one of the people I was watching with screamed "oh no they've scored!" from the house. I think walking away was the best thing, all these reds talking about their experience of watching the final whistle go and then changing the channel to see that lot celebrate...it sounds horrendous.
No matter how anyone found out the result it sounds horrendous. I was following the scores on my phone. Was rolling down a hill with my three year old at 4.51pm. No cheers or hints or anything. Top of the hill we're champions. Two rolls later and City are. Agonising.

Mind you, that's more or less the end of it for me. Don't know any City fans. Small mercies.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Dont live in Manchester but have in-laws there so visit a few times a month. Instead im having to put up with the "we support our local team" shit from aston villa fans. I fecking pray and hope they go down next season. Seeing alot of city fans pop up at the gym all of a sudden and only one wanker at work who suddenly come in after the 6-1 like hes my long lost cousin. dont even know the prick. He will get the Birmingham, Villa and Albion fans on his side and....oh feck it. thank god Im not in untill thursday

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
No matter how anyone found out the result it sounds horrendous. I was following the scores on my phone. Was rolling down a hill with my three year old at 4.51pm. No cheers or hints or anything. Top of the hill we're champions. Two rolls later and City are. Agonising.

Mind you, that's more or less the end of it for me. Don't know any City fans. Small mercies.
You know what it's like in Ireland. You'll know a few new ones before long.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
WP is right, like I said, there was one triumphalist prick in Terenure for the City - United game.

I can't even turn on the radio. No idea what living in Manc would be like.

decorativeed

I do. Only know a handful of City fans though. Most of whom I don't see but the few I do are decent lads. Still not looking forward to seeing them any time soon.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Apparently a bus load of City fans turned up outside Old Trafford after the games today.

MUFCgal

I am not back in work till Friday night but fully expect some shit.
What can you do but just take it , we have give it out enough over the years but I can laugh at all the Liverpool fans that come in.
See, I'm not one of these fans who goes OTT. I celebrate my team winning, but I'm not the type to get in people's faces, gloat or taunt, and generally give shit out.

I wouldn't do to others what I don't want done to me.

I don't see work being too bad. There's no City supporters in my work, there's some Spurs and Arsenal fans, but they don't particularly hate United (they all actually said they'd rather us win the league than City).

There's a Liverpool fan who might give a bit of stick, but the best way to treat somebody like that - treat them like you would shit in the street, you ignore it!

Plan M

Born in Salford but live in Swansea. Place is full of people who support Swansea AND a 'big' side like United or Liverpool. Don't know any City fans but there are plenty of Dippers. They can't exactly rub it in though.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Nah, it's a fair point. Today was tricky though. He's only young and I've spent weeks telling him that we only like the team who plays in red.
There was a lad next door to us in Tallaght in the early 90's. A Leeds fan. With two sons. I bought them everything from United Lunchboxes to footballs and calendars. Shiny gifts and our success ruined his life and they are now staunch reds. He still brings it up, no idea why, it makes him look weak.