g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Who are the current active players worth £100m/116.99€m or more?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Not really my sort of thread as I find it slightly ridiculous but one thing I find amazing as I flick through is that some people are mentioning TAA whilst no-one has mentioned that Reece James is a better RWB/RB and all round player than he is.

Too many of these values are based on social media presence and FIFA ratings imo.

stoinz

Other than Haaland who is still young and has a resell value I struggle to see anyone else that clubs are willing to pay.
Actually, looking at PSG and us now, having superstars with big transfer might not be the smartest investment. Rather go for good young players that are hungry, moldable and motivated. Looking at Ajax, and maybe Liverpool and Chelsea at a stretch. The tactics, coaching makes up for lack of galactico signing. Ya I know Liverpool and Chelsea spend a lot but they spend more on quality players than galatico signings. Just remembered Chelsea signed Lukaku but he is not fitting in or even playing regularly...

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Other than Haaland who is still young and has a resell value I struggle to see anyone else that clubs are willing to pay.
Actually, looking at PSG and us now, having superstars with big transfer might not be the smartest investment. Rather go for good young players that are hungry, moldable and motivated. Looking at Ajax, and maybe Liverpool and Chelsea at a stretch. The tactics, coaching makes up for lack of galactico signing. Ya I know Liverpool and Chelsea spend a lot but they spend more on quality players than galatico signings. Just remembered Chelsea signed Lukaku but he is not fitting in or even playing regularly...
Is the bolded not a self-contradictory statement? Galacticos have become such because they are quality players. Unless you mean they are signed after they have passed their best years and no longer qualify as quality.

stoinz

Is the bolded not a self-contradictory statement? Galacticos have become such because they are quality players. Unless you mean they are signed after they have passed their best years and no longer qualify as quality.
Sorry, could have explain it better. What I wanted to say is to avoid those expensive galactico signings. Looking at PSG for example, they may better serve to sign players that can buy into the tactics and less disruptive to the team than signing Messi. Even if Messi is privately still driven to improve, and is willing to adapt to team tactics, the minute the team is not playing well, the whole media starts tearing into the team, the manager and the set up which is very disruptive for anyone to build a cohesive team.

Rather than spending so much 100mill or so on players (which was the topic of this thread), I suspect more clubs will rather invest in players that are bit more limited but fit for purpose. For example, I would argue our team should not keep Pogba who can do everything by himself but cost us an arm and a leg. Rather, get in someone who may not be able to do as much as Pogba but fit for purposes and much cheaper and mouldable (example promoting youth player or Bellingham pre-Dortmund). Of cos the caveat here is having a coach or manager or even a club set up that can make the sum of the team greater than its parts.

Reactions: Invictus

Son

Mbappe
Haaland
Neymar
De Bruyne
Foden
Kane
Kimmich
Bruno
Pedri
Sancho
Donnarumma
Bellingham (Next year or two)

frostbite

No one (beyond Mbappé and Haaland). Not today. Next summer ... who knows?

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I think Kane has removed himself from the 100 million club

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not really my sort of thread as I find it slightly ridiculous but one thing I find amazing as I flick through is that some people are mentioning TAA whilst no-one has mentioned that Reece James is a better RWB/RB and all round player than he is.

Too many of these values are based on social media presence and FIFA ratings imo.
Reece James is class but this is his first year of it really. TAA has had multiple brilliant years and has reached a top level again this year, and in terms of his on the ball ability and value is pretty ridiculous. He's a player who "runs" the teams play, as a right back. Reece James is a top full back, but I don't see him as someone who is as naturally gifted of a footballer as TAA.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Reece James is class but this is his first year of it really. TAA has had multiple brilliant years and has reached a top level again this year, and in terms of his on the ball ability and value is pretty ridiculous. He's a player who "runs" the teams play, as a right back. Reece James is a top full back, but I don't see him as someone who is as naturally gifted of a footballer as TAA.
But in modern football your only as good as you are off the ball and that is were TAA gets let down. For sure, he is highly gifted but I am not convinced that once Liverpool drop their intensity level he'll not get exposed as a poor defender again.

James for me is a more rounded player and that goes for both last year and this season.

MNG2646

Supports
Real Madrid
From LaLiga i'd say Pedri and Vini. considering their age.