Who are the most well liked good guys in world football

Chipper

Adulterer.
Did anyone dislike Santiago Canizares?

How about Damiano Tommasi?

ninjaskill

Peter Crouch, with the notable exception of Trinidad and Tobago, seems well liked.

Art Vandelay

Ally McCoist always seems like a good egg when he's on commentary, just happy to be there.

Alan Smith. The former Arsenal one.

Seedorf.

Evra!

Gazza?

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
I'm torn about Buffon. He's always seemed a top lad, one of the most dignified figures in the game, but that fascist crap in his past is downright disturbing.

I was shocked to learn about all that a while back.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I'm torn about Buffon. He's always seemed a top lad, one of the most dignified figures in the game, but that fascist crap in his past is downright disturbing.

I was shocked to learn about all that a while back.
Really? Where can I read about it? Didn’t find any good articles when googling.

The Siege

From our lot, Van Der Saar, Ji Sung Park, Mata and Chicharito all seem very likable.

Zanetti, Xabi Alonso and Puyol were all so classy and seemed like real gentlemen.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Kolo Toure is probably the most angelic player we've ever had.

Crouch.

Further back Sami Hyypia was a giant among men literally and figuratively.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Italy had produced a lot of high-profile well liked good guys over the years, despite its longstanding association with a cynical and rigorous brand of football. There's Nesta, Del Piero, Pirlo (who have been mentioned already), and most notably, this gentleman (who was sometimes harsh but always fair on the pitch, and whose eulogies read like a saint's)...

He came to Turin when he was still very young while I was already much older. I can say I saw him grow: youngster, fiancé, husband, exemplary father. He was shy and a good man perhaps even too good. I often told him to react, to be a bit crueler with the opponents: his serenity made me angry. You know what his answer used to be? “I can’t”. He used to say so with a smile on his lips and it was disarming. I never saw him get angry. He used to say it was not worth it and in hind sight I must admit I think so too. We spent the best years of our lives together, won a lot and shared great joys. When I left Juve we still remained very close. It was impossible not to love him. It was impossible to speak badly of him. I loved him a lot. — Franco Causio
Link.

flappyjay

Salah might be up there these days. I know we United fans have a special reason for not liking him, plus the diving side of his game has emerged more lately but I think he's very well liked overall.
Nah a lot of people liked him before and after the Ramos thing but when it dragged on and the diving got worse people turned on him

flappyjay

I'm that only guy one the planet who doesn't like Mata, and his shitty 1% public indulgence. The real nice guys are the players who give more than 1% and don't go public because it's embarrassing to make it about you.
You mean he shouldn't have been making it public and that way other players wouldn't have found out about it and hence pledged their 1 percents too?

James Hond

Supports
Ajax
I'm not making myself populair with this one, but Wijnaldum? Always seemed like a very nice kid at Feyenoord. Giovanni van Bronckhorst also worth mentioning. Was thinking of Dirk Kuijt, always acts like some kind of saint but seems a bit fake to me.

At Ajax the obvious pick is Frenkie de Jong, but I think Lasse Schone is also worth mentioning. I like Joel Veltman too :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Quite a few mentions of Pele, he seems like a fecking tit honestly. And I read quite a few stories that he greatly exaggerates his achievements.

I'm not making myself populair with this one, but Wijnaldum? Always seemed like a very nice kid at Feyenoord. Giovanni van Bronckhorst also worth mentioning. Was thinking of Dirk Kuijt, always acts like some kind of saint but seems a bit fake to me.

At Ajax the obvious pick is Frenkie de Jong, but I think Lasse Schone is also worth mentioning. I like Joel Veltman too :lol:
Gini is a brilliant lad. Also agree on Frenkie de Jong, he's so nice it's almost cartoonish. Like he was made by that same dude that created the powder puff girls by mixing sugar, spice and everything nice.

Veltman, yeah, love him :wenger:

Melville Red

How about our very own Sir Bobby Charlton? Booked once, which was rescinded and never sent off, and what an ambassador not only for United but for the game as a whole.
Then there is another Sir Bobby, Sir Bobby Robson RIP, the ex Ipswich Town Manager and England manager.
Two outstanding gentlemen of the game.

FattyFooty

Ole as a player.
Oh Del Piero and Totti too (last one could get away with anything and still be cool)

arnie_ni

Salah might be up there these days. I know we United fans have a special reason for not liking him, plus the diving side of his game has emerged more lately but I think he's very well liked overall.
Hes a diving cheat... no?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mata.

Lovely player to watch and instead of talking just went and started a worldwide charity initiative.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I think Zinchenco and Bernardo Silva are the most two liked city players with fans from other teams, I think Kompany is a decent bloke but could understand why United and Liverpool fans may not like him.

Peter Crouch is probably the most popular English player, always ready with a funny quip and his podcast has really taken off. Kante, Son and Zabaletta I would think are well liked.

For United, Ole never bothered me, Mata is the same and seems like a decent all round bloke, as I think Pogba is but I think he's more disliked by some of his own fans than fans of other clubs.

John_Jensen

That's crazy.

Are we talking here United fans, rival fans, neutral fans, fellow players, managers, reporters, royalty,...? I can see only rival fans hating the man, but feck them.
Anyone who doesn't support United.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Zanetti