Film Who are the worst people to watch a movie with?

OleBoiii

1. People who ask a million questions.

2. People who completely misunderstand the film(perhaps they could learn a thing or two from the annoying fecker above?)

3. People who need a ton of breaks to get water, snacks or go to the bathroom.

4. People who aren't engaged in the film at all, possibly using their phone half the time.

5. People who only enjoy cookie cutter films and therefore keeps commenting on how "weird" the film is.

6. People who can never suspend their belief even a little and therefore point out every minor detail that they find a little off.

7. People who keep guessing what's gonna happen next.

8. Movie snobs who can never enjoy a film that isn't high art and/or a total classic.

9. People who take movie watching so seriously that they have a problem with all/most of the above.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
People who sleep, how dare they ? The movies in 2021 are so ambitious and practical.

Dante

Average bang
10. People who've heard the movie is popular so will make up pretentious reasons to dump on it to make themselves look clever and edgy.

OleBoiii

10. People who've heard the movie is popular so will make up pretentious reasons to dump on it to make themselves look clever and edgy.
The solution is to ask them to name their own favorite films. They most definitely don't like tasting their own medicine :D

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

2. People who completely misunderstand the film(perhaps they could learn a thing or two from the annoying fecker above?)

4. People who aren't engaged in the film at all, possibly using their phone half the time.

5. People who only enjoy cookie cutter films and therefore keeps commenting on how "weird" the film is.

6. People who can never suspend their belief even a little and therefore point out every minor detail that they find a little off.

8. Movie snobs who can never enjoy a film that isn't high art and/or a total classic.

9. People who take movie watching so seriously that they have a problem with all/most of the above.
I am number 9 so 1 - 8 are all equal. I’d always rather watch a film on my own.

Tarrou

In Malta everyone just talks non-stop in the movie theatre, it's one of the reasons I had to leave

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I have so many questions in this thread
What is a cookie cutter film, I have never heard this phrase?

Girls who try and have sex with you.
These are the worst, how do you put a stop to their constant pestering?

In Malta everyone just talks non-stop in the movie theatre, it's one of the reasons I had to leave
The movie theatre or the country? the latter seems quite extreme.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
My Gf does number 4, she doesn’t pay attention at all to any films and it does my head in. I’ve given up trying to watch films. She can just about concentrate through a tv episode so we stick to that.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

My Mrs is 1 2 3 4 5 6 & 7

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Number 8 for sure.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
"are you watching this, you'll miss important pieces?"

"yes, I was just looking at my phone for a second"

30 minutes later the bad guy who has just spent that 30 minutes with important plot pieces, and loads of screen time comes on screen again.

"who is that?"

OR

spend 30 minutes trying to find a film we both agree on. Fold, and watch something that she really wants to watch. Then 30-40 mins in, she is asleep, and I am watching a film I didn't want to watch in the first place :lol:

OleBoiii

What is a cookie cutter film, I have never heard this phrase?
I believe "cookie cutter" is used to describe things that are very bland and typical.

A cookie cutter film is basically a standard film that takes you from A to B with one-dimensional characters and a clear ending. There's nothing wrong with liking this of course. But it's damn annoying if you watch a film with people who only enjoy such films :p

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
People who have already seen the movie and watch you instead of it to see your reaction to their favourite bits.
That's why I watch through my binoculars so that I don't distract you.

Seems like you really enjoyed Shrek last night.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My gf does number 4 but we think she has undiagnosed ADHD.

stevoc

Who who knowingly watch movies with James Corden in them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Is the correct answer.

‘Is he gonna die?’ ‘Why did he do that?’ ‘No but I just need to know, does she die in the end?’

We’re both literally watching this film for the first time, perhaps if we just actually watched the damn thing, we’ll have the answer to all of these questions. And even if I have watched it before, the only reason I know the answers to those questions is because I actually watched it.

*Insert disclaimer of ‘not all girls’*

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
At home, it's someone who asks questions, particularly if it's a film neither of us have seen before. Thankfully my mrs doesn't do that, but I've had exes and friends who did.

At the cinema, it's anyone who arrives after the trailers. Imagine having the nerve to just saunter into a theatre after the film has started and annoy that many people. Once you've missed the trailers, that should be it, no entry. No refund. You fecked up. Deal with it. Be on time next time.

I saw the 1st Deadpool on release day, big fan of the comics for a good 10 years prior to that, so I was super excited. Two guys come in 10 minutes into the film and they sit right next to me, taking all their layers off, arranging their buffet of snacks, talking to each other whilst not even trying to be quiet. Cinemas could learn a lot from the soup nazi in Seinfeld. One step out of line gets you a lifetime ban. Sounds reasonable.

GueRed

People who have already seen the movie and watch you instead of it to see your reaction to their favourite bits.
I did that to my younger brothers and sister.

I made one of my little brothers an arachnophobic after making him watch Arachnophobia. :wenger:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Asking questions is fine, it means they're engaged with the film even if they're struggling to grasp it totally.

Looking at their phone and being disinterested annoys me as it tends to be a film that has been chosen after a long discussion with much compromise only for them to be half arsed.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters

My girlfriend is number 4 and it drives me fecking crazy. Like it could so obviously be a moment of high suspense and she'll just say something unrelated to the movie or try to show me something on her phone. Like this is proof that you're not paying attention. If you were paying attention, you'd know that this is not the time for this carry on. She also spends so much time not looking at the screen that she'll miss something visually important. A nod to something, something vital that's on the screen in writing, whatever it may be. So I have to rewind and say look, look what you've fecking missed. The whole movie wouldn't have made sense because you missed that. But you probably wouldn't have noticed that it doesn't make sense because you're paying such little attention you can't even make sense of whether or not it doesn't or doesn't make sense. Can you? And when she goes for a break. Doesn't even ask me to pause it. Again, now I know you don't even care. You never cared. If you're willing to leave the room for 5 or 10 minutes and let the movie go on without you, its obvious now that you don't even want to know whats going on. I'm so angry

Patchbeard

My ex's mum was 1, 2, 6 & 7. For anything on TV, not just films. Drove me insane :nono:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
As a movie lovers. And when i was single.

I go to cinema once a week, normally thursday when new movies come in. Buy a single ticket. Swoosh. Easy in quickly sneaking out near the end.

Most of the times bar a blockbuster movie it's just a handful of people.