Who do you want to win the league?

Who do you want to win the league?

• Arsenal

• Man City

Results are only viewable after voting.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
1 question for those Arsenal preference fans.
What is more funny right now; Arsenal not winning it or City not winning it?
You won't be winning me over but you have correctly identified your strongest argument.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
You can all say City are irrelevant as much as you want, won't change the fact they'll have won 3 prems on the bounce and equaling our record, a record most people didn't think was possible post Fergie. Add to the ever looming threat of them winning the treble makes Arsenal winning the league the easy choice for me
No one cares. I literally don't know a single person who this annoys or who would even bother to acknowledge it. Maybe it's completely different in younger age brackets to be fair, but I used to really hate the Arsenal and Chelsea PL winning teams back in the Ferguson days. City winning it with a bunch of players I neither dislike nor am particularly thrilled to watch is juat a big meh, usually with a side dose of "at least it stopped Liverpool"

The ironic thing is the most attention it will get is through the uproar if PL strip them of it.

Arsenal on the other hand do vaguely annoy me. Not on anything remotely near to Wenger/invincibles levels,but enough for there to be a level of enjoyment in watching hing them fail.

Tapori

You won't be winning me over but you have correctly identified your strongest argument.
Imagine Ty, Keown, Parlour, Piers MORGAN and the entire establishment in the FA and UK football media lording it over the rest for years to come with eulogies and songs for years.

This is what you'll get with an Arsenal win at this moment in time.

Tapori

No one cares. I literally don't know a single person who this annoys or who would even bother to acknowledge it. Maybe it's completely different in younger age brackets to be fair, but I used to really hate the Arsenal and Chelsea PL winning teams back in the Ferguson days. City winning it with a bunch of players I neither dislike nor am particularly thrilled to watch is juat a big meh, usually with a side dose of "at least it stopped Liverpool"

The ironic thing is the most attention it will get is through the uproar if PL strip them of it.
THIS

Even when we were winning top stuff, my City mates never gave the type of ire that Arsenal and Liverpool lot give. I love Manchester.

colombianmancunian

More than wanting Arsenal to win it, I want $hitty not to win it.

In my scale the worst opposition are us follow: Pool, City, Arsenal.
I prefer Arsenal winning over City and Pool, and City winning over Pool.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
There’s no Chelsea we are first.. in the 2nd half of the table ;)

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Arsenal, they deserve it this season to be fair, and you've got to admire what they have done this season, especially when they do not have anywhere near the the same budget as the other oil club.

gajender

Arsenal, they deserve it this season to be fair, and you've got to admire what they have done this season, especially when they do not have anywhere near the the same budget as the other oil club.
No team deserves anything they have to earn the right to be champions and No prizes are handed over in April Arsenal have to keep plugging away and keep City at bay .

While you can admire the way Arsenal have gone about their business and appreciate the way they have been playing but this aren't no Underdog story they are one of the biggest and most successful English Club who had some lean years which isn't unusual in English football but they never went away completely.

stevoc

This is a tough one I grew up despising Arsenal and hating City. If it was Liverpool or City then City are obviously the lesser of two evils.

I still hate Arsenal yet find it very difficult to give a shit about anything City do these days. But still I don't think I have a preference.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If you hate Arsenal more than Liverpool or City you support the wrong football club. End of.

Bestofthebest

It would be nice to have a dead heat. Equal on points, goal difference etc but can’t see it happening so will just have to accept who ever wins and sulk till next season.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Found my comfort in the fact that I will have a good laugh in whatever scenario. If City wins, because of Arteta and the fact Arsenal blew it. If Arsenal wins it, because, well City is what they are and especially because they added Haaland and couldn't get it done.

In any case, planning to shift my focus purely on the losing team.

Infra-red

I'm surprised so many people would rather choose City. What the actual feck is going on :houllier:
State ownership means that the trophies won by a club are worthless and hollow and easy to ignore, while Arsenal winning the league would have to be recognised as a significant achievement.

That being said, I hate City and want them to lose every game (except for when they play Liverpool).

Andy_Cole

So for people who think we don’t care about City. We definitely do.

I have a blue car, took it to old Trafford yesterday (usually my brother drives). Probably because the weather and I had my window open, but I got a few comments. ‘Nice car, shit colour’. ‘Why would you get that colour as a United fan’. Etc.

Probably won’t take my car again in case of something more sinister. But United fans (including myself) definitely care about City. I absolutely don’t want them to get a 3peat or a CL.

redsunited

City oil money winning is nauseating. I dont mind a club like Arsenal winning with the money they generate.

Also Abu Dhabi City could win the treble this season.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I feel like a “no preference” option would be nice. I don’t want either to win but they both have their disadvantages over the other one and neither will be remotely as bad as when Pool won it.

Neither winning it will affect me in any way like the Pool win did, at least.

at a push I’d swing to Arsenal cause I don’t like the idea of City winning three on the bounce.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Don't watch arsefam tv unless they lose anyway, so I am not going to be troubled by the people on there having a party.
Don't want city to win more, if they were up against Liverpool, sure. Arsenal though? Been a nothing club forever, can easily go back to being that.
If Arsenal win more I'd probably want City above them purely because of the asterisk.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Imagine Ty, Keown, Parlour, Piers MORGAN and the entire establishment in the FA and UK football media lording it over the rest for years to come with eulogies and songs for years.

This is what you'll get with an Arsenal win at this moment in time.
Who cares, still miles better then City winning it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The only team I genuinely wanted to win the league was Leicester under Ranieri. For this one I'm forced to prefer City because Arsenal fans are the worst when they get giddy. If there are two shit sandwiches, I'd eat the less shitty one even if I hate it.

led_scholes

A football team who is a traditional rival that we have the edge historically or a fake, corrupt team with a wee history that happens to be our local rival and has humiliated many times us in our worst period the last 35 years? Hmmm

Easy for me: arsenal and again arsenal over city any time.

Fully Fledged

I think that what I want is irrelevant I'm almost certain that City will win it from here. There is also a chance that they go on and lift the treble.
I think we need to get our heads around the fact and accept it if it happens.

NWRed

I voted Arsenal, but it's a bit like asking which bollock I'd like crushed.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tbh I'm shocked this is close in the polls. It should be a no-brainer.
Arsenal:
  • not state run club
  • not local rivals
  • the underdogs who are succeeding without spending big, but through quality coaching and a lot of young players (Saka and Odegaard both particularly likable I'd add)
City:
  • local rivals
  • state run club
  • have won 2 in a row, would join United as the only other English side to win 3 in a row
  • Have the potential to join United as the only other English side to win the League and CL in the same season
  • Are taking the piss out of the PL with their dominance to the level that United used to
Is Arteta having an annoying face really that much of an impact?

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
I've shifted to supporting Arsenal.

This City team has to be stopped in all fronts. May they end the season trophyless

Witchking

Changed my vote to Arsenal. While City winning the league can be put off to them just having a bench which might coming second in the league, them doing the treble cannot be allowed to happen. We have Brighton in the FA cup before facing city and do not want to be a footnote in City's history that they beat United on their way to the treble. We are running on fumes due to playing every 3 days. The Barcelona game took a lot of the team as that was an extra 2 games which teams around us did not have to play.

Feck man. Arsenal for the league. Just need to win at Eithad to deflate city.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Arsenal on the other hand do vaguely annoy me. Not on anything remotely near to Wenger/invincibles levels,but enough for there to be a level of enjoyment in watching hing them fail.
From what I notice, the people with this view of it doesn't matter because of the way they've got their success are the people who aren't from Manchester.

Those from Manchester certainly care. It doesn't matter how they win what they win. The majority of us Mancs don't like seeing City win anything. Whether it's a league title here or a promotion in the 90s.

I'm wondering if the roles were reversed, would Arsenal fans prefer Tottenham to win the title over us if we were in a race. I certainly don't have them in the same bracket as City.

McTerminator

19. Liverpool
20. City

I said what I said.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I wanted City to win over Arsenal but I'm leaning towards Arsenal. The way Arsenal built the team and progressed is amazing, they have such a young team and play exceptional football. They also made lot of smart purchases and are way below in total wage bill.

Oh also helps that they are not frauds, doesn't have to cook up books, playing with completely different set of rules.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I see people are still trotting out the irrelevant/plastic arguments. Really sticking your head in the sand or are living in a Manchester/England bubble if you think them winning the PL three times in a row / potentially winning a treble doesn't have a huge impact on their legacy.

Every kid in the world with a KDB or Haaland jersey is a damn shame and them winning more and more trophies will only add to that. Give me Arsenal all day.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
From what I notice, the people with this view of it doesn't matter because of the way they've got their success are the people who aren't from Manchester.

Those from Manchester certainly care. It doesn't matter how they win what they win. The majority of us Mancs don't like seeing City win anything. Whether it's a league title here or a promotion in the 90s.

I'm wondering if the roles were reversed, would Arsenal fans prefer Tottenham to win the title over us if we were in a race. I certainly don't have them in the same bracket as City.
Arsenal fans from North London wouldn't.

Arsenal fans from elsewhere? Who's formative memories are the rivalry against United? Possibly.