Who from the current United team would you want in your pub quiz team?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Inspired by this

Who would be in your pub quiz team from the current United side (including coaching staff)?

Bonus:
Who would be in your team from other clubs?

Tarrou

I'd take Fletcher if he's allowed

if not ETH

all the current players seems pretty thick

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'd take Fletcher if he's allowed

if not ETH

all the current players seems pretty thick
Remember football intelligence is not the same as fact based intelligence. Lukaku speaks about 6 languages fluently but is footballingly and emotionally lacking.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Bruno obviously.

Whinging and contesting every question and answer. All the other teams would get fed up and we'd win by default!

Tarrou

Remember football intelligence is not the same as fact based intelligence. Lukaku speaks about 6 languages fluently but is footballingly and emotionally lacking.
it correlates though and I don't have much else to go on

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Keepers seem like they'd be more likely to have niche interests/hobbies than most, on account of largely being mental. Someone like Jens Lehmann probably collects bonsai trees and knows everything there is to know about botany, or something.

Clarke Carlisle won a couple of episodes of Countdown and was on some quiz thing or other at some point, would be a good pick. Of the current United lot, I'm not sure there are too many budding geniuses, but I suppose Phil Jones must have seen his fair share of daytime TV quiz shows...

Bobade

For some reason, I always think Martial has a big ol' brain. So him, I guess.

whitbyviking

The only players who seem to be even a little bit cerebral are Varane and Lindelof, the rest of them seem thick as mince. Maybe Tom Heaton might be sneakily intelligent in a working class genius Fred Dibnah kind of fashion.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Jones.

I reckon he's gone through every history podcast and audiobook there is whilst in recovery.

Last edited:

AndySmith1990

Tricky question. I don't know them personally and can only judge based on watching them play football. In that respect most of them seem thick as pig shit

Glorio

I reckon from very little at all, that Bruno / Varane / Lindelof / Fletcher / Mitchell could be decent

Hughes35

Hmmm nobody springs to mind as being an obvious genius.

Probably Lindelof if I had to pick somebody.

Bertie Wooster

Eriksen comes across as calm and quite thoughtful in his interviews. No idea what his general knowledge is like, obviously, but he seems like he might be a calming influence and a steady team mate who'd help try to keep the peace when debating answers and keep everyone focused on the quiz.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Sabitzer, if he counts. He has that "cultured hipster" look, so surely he's done a lot of reading up on obscure literature, philosophy, and the arts in general.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Weghorst for sure. I'm not smart enough to win anyway so at least I got a partner who looks like he enjoys a drink. And plays like it too.

Yorke to Cole

I would bring back Ed Woodward. So I could shout in his ear or , pour a pint over his head every time he got something wrong and just generally blame him for everything.

wangyu

Anyone who plays the quiz for fun is good enough to be in my team

Baxquux

Maguire, whatever you think about his footballing judgement, conduct in Greece or place in the squad, was known to be a pretty smart, a-grade guy at school by all accounts - and insecurities about his top-level club ability aside (also, again, the greek thing), is probably decent craic, so he'd be one....

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
AWB. He doesn't speak, laugh or smile so he's probably always listening and thinking.

Varane.

pogbasformerbarber

I'm going to take this question seriously...it has to be Varane. He seems to me the head a shoulders the smartest guy on the entire squad.