Who here hopes United get spanked tonight?

TheGame

A large element of our fan base are spoilt brats who have only ever known success.

They won't support the team through tough times, they'd prefer to see us lose and just keep buying new players and managers until we win again.

It's a sad state of affairs and I for one am sorry that Ferguson has to see this after his life's work.
Well said. They are more worried about their Scouse fans goading them

Blue always red

Some seriously gay sheit in this thread. BR pulled the same stuff Moyes did this season last season, and don't give me that crap about "The signs were there", Moyes has been without the man who single handedly secured is 27 points last season. Look at BR now. On the cusp of winning the league.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So this "mathematical impossibility of CL football" clause is interesting, in the context of this thread. Every point dropped brought the end of Moyes that little bit closer. Assuming you were convinced he wasn't the man for the job it obviously makes sense to have wanted the point of no return as soon as possible. I'm definitely glad the end came in time for Giggs to take over for a few games and with enough time left to get a replacement lined up before the end of the season. Personally, I always hoped Moyes might turn things round but hindsight definitely justifies the logic that dropping points was the quickest way for managerial change to occur and every point gained only delayed the end game.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The execs apparently started having serious doubts about Moyes after the Stoke game, then were preparing to sack him if the Olympiacos game went badly, then were 75% sure he'd go at the end of the season even after the Bayern games, then Everton provided the final push.

This all broadly coincided with the general feeling of the caf, didn't it? Who knows, maybe some of them were even hoping we'd lose too...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So lets reverse the situation....

Who would take a win 4-0 against Everton... but Moyes stays?

Does anyone who didn't before, understand now why some people would take a loss to see him out of the club?
What is it with this line of reasoning?

It's not even logical.

You seem to be insinuating that us winning against Everton would have kept him in a job but then we'd go back to being shit again a week or two later and so on. He was gone anyway if that was the case.

And naturally if we were winning 4 nil every week this wouldn't even be a question on here.

You should never want to see your team lose. It's feckin stupid full stop. Grow up

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So this "mathematical impossibility of CL football" clause is interesting, in the context of this thread. Every point dropped brought the end of Moyes that little bit closer. Assuming you were convinced he wasn't the man for the job it obviously makes sense to have wanted the point of no return as soon as possible. I'm definitely glad the end came in time for Giggs to take over for a few games and with enough time left to get a replacement lined up before the end of the season. Personally, I always hoped Moyes might turn things round but hindsight definitely justifies the logic that dropping points was the quickest way for managerial change to occur and every point gained only delayed the end game.
Exactly.

I feared a Wenger situation to be honest. I thought if he gets a lot to spend in the summer we might scrape 4th next year and that would earn him another year. Constant mediocrity just scraping enough to not warrant sacking but never United quality or capable of bring the results we should expect.

stevoc

Some seriously gay sheit in this thread. BR pulled the same stuff Moyes did this season last season, and don't give me that crap about "The signs were there", Moyes has been without the man who single handedly secured is 27 points last season. Look at BR now. On the cusp of winning the league.
Did rodgers in his first season manage to drop Liverpool 6 places down the league and have them -20 points on the season before under Dalglish though.

Winrar

The execs apparently started having serious doubts about Moyes after the Stoke game, then were preparing to sack him if the Olympiacos game went badly, then were 75% sure he'd go at the end of the season even after the Bayern games, then Everton provided the final push.

This all broadly coincided with the general feeling of the caf, didn't it? Who knows, maybe some of them were even hoping we'd lose too...
That's when I gave up on Moyes, incidentally.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The difference is that last season BR had Liverpool playing decent football and there was visible improvement as the season progressed.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
So do we want to win all our remaining matches and end up in the Europa now then?
Now Moyes has gone and it's likely Van Gaal, do we want the Thursday night thing a little more?