Who here hopes United get spanked tonight?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Is anyone willing to admit they're hoping for a heavy defeat tomorrow night?

As we saw at Spurs, humiliating defeats against long term rivals can be the straw that breaks the camel's back for owners that have doubts about their manager. If we're 100% certain that Moyes won't succeed then it's all about the end game. Getting rid as soon as possible. A heavy defeat against Arsenal will help this process along. Especially in the context of recent humiliations. Short term pain, long term gain.

Conversely, beating a top three team away from home will definitely buy him a stay of execution. Possibly for quite some time. If the club is looking for signs of long-term improvement a result like that would carry a lot of weight.

So... Cards on the table. Who's rooting for the gooners?

Cina

I would question myself as a football supporter if I actively rooted for the opposing team to win in situations like this.

Varun

Staff
Never.

As much as I dont want Moyes here, I can never support an opposing club in a match vs us. Specially Arsenal.

I hope we stuff them. We wont but I hope we draw atleast.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If I knew Moyes would be sacked as a result I'd be okay with it.
He won't though, so I want us to put an end to Arsenal's title race. If only to take the piss out of the resident Gooner's.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
As much as I don't think Moyes is the right man to lead us forward, and I think he should be removed, anybody who actually wants us to lose is quite simply stupid.

Bestie07

As long as he is our manager, I can't not want him to turn it around and shut all the doubters up, which includes myself. I don't see it happening, but no way will I go into a game hoping that United lose.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I would question myself as a football supporter if I actively rooted for the opposing team to win in situations like this.

Or in any situation, surely a supporter would rather see United win and then hopefully start turning things around. These types of threads always make me wonder exactly how the human brain works.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
We're not gonna play a good game tomorrow and Van Persie wont score a brace, Mata wont have any assists and our defence won't perform good.

Red Stone

A win is always the most important thing. If we lose and Moyes gets closer to the sack it's a small positive, but not enough to make up for the loss.

Cina

Or in any situation, surely a supporter would rather see United win and then hopefully start turning things around. These types of threads always make me wonder exactly how the human brain works.
Well, Liverpool were in the situation a few years ago where by if they lost (to Chelsea I think?) then we essentially lost the league, and I know a lot of their fans were happy enough for that to happen. it was that Stevie G backpass I believe.

Just saying, you can never account for what situations will arise in football!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
No

but i've lost all hope that we might win for a change. I actually thought Fulham would beat us once they went 1-0 up

JmRssll555

The word 'embarrassing' was thrown around quite often this summer, to the point where it became meaningless, however I'm bringing it back. This is the most embarrassing thread I have ever seen on here. Get a grip.

F*ck Arsenal and f*ck their title challenge. I can't see it happening but I hope beyond measure that we hammer them.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
If we dont win we should just "give up" on the league and rest players so that we might put up some sort of show in the CL.

I hope we win as its still to early to give up on 4th. Arsenal were 8 points off it last March. A win against Arsenal might kick start us.

Drifter

American
I'm sure some on here are hoping we get tonked,so in the vain hope that Moyes gets the sack.

Getsme

Why would anyone want us to lose?
What would change, it wouldn't make a slight bit of difference. Moyes isn't going anywhere, I've accepted it, i think we all should. I hope we stuff Arsenal and it projects us to the standard of play we should be seeing every week.

Revan

Assumptionman
If that means that Moyes will immediately get sacked yes. Otherwise I want us to win.

Considering that Moyes won't get sacked regardless of the result tomorrow I hope that we'll win.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The word 'embarrassing' was thrown around quite often this summer, to the point where it became meaningless, however I'm bringing it back. This is the most embarrassing thread I have ever seen on here. Get a grip.

F*ck Arsenal and f*ck their title challenge. I can't see it happening but I hope beyond measure that we hammer them.
The question isn't embarrassing, what would be embarrassing would be for somebody to say 'yes'.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
I wasn't gutted when Sunderland knocked us out of the cup because I wouldn't have fancied our chances in the final v those cnuts.

As for the Arsenal game - I dont want us to lose but I know we will. I am not confident of beating anyone atm. Moyes has sucked the life out of United with his dinosaur football. What we witnessed on Sunday was horiffic. But Moyes would probably think we played well because we crossed it a million times.

He has to go. Regardless of the result tomorrow, he needs to leave. We have cITY and Liverpool at home coming up and Moyes' United aren't beating either of them. A different manager with a different approach could get this team to beat them

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Didn't think I'd see this type of thread on the Caf'.

We laugh at RAWK and Bluemoon, and then this.

Revan

Assumptionman
let me introduce you to Revan
Did I voted yes. That was only on the condition that Moyes will get sacked after the game. Because that won't happen anyway, I hope that we'll win like I hoped in every game this season, but I think that it is very unlikely.

Anduin

If that means that Moyes will immediately get sacked yes. Otherwise I want us to win.

Considering that Moyes won't get sacked regardless of the result tomorrow I hope that we'll win.
Agreed. No point in 'hoping' we lose, Moyes isn't going anywhere. Regardless, can't see us doing anything useful tomorrow night.

If a heavy loss would lead to a more or less immediate sacking, count me in. Short term loss, long-term gain and all that.

Someone

Something
I'm resigned to losing tomorrow, strange feeling, but it won't necessarily be the end of moyes, maybe a win could change our fortunes, i don't know anymore.

JmRssll555

The question isn't embarrassing, what would be embarrassing would be for somebody to say 'yes'.
Even contemplating the idea of wanting Arsenal to beat us is a tragic state of affairs, in my opinion.

Apart from our resident Arsenal fans, there isn't a single person on this forum who should be happy at the prospect of United losing to Arsenal, even if there's an ulterior motive. That's just my perspective of course, but I'm stunned that some people would seemingly be happy at losing tomorrow, so long as it guaranteed Moyes was sacked. Have a word.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
No. And especially not against Arsenal, because Piers Morgan.

I proper hate Arsenal, so I hope we dick them. Apart from the City game, we seem to have played some of our better football against the top sides, even when we've lost, so hopefully we'll have at them.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
If the question was lose tomorrow and Moyes is gone on the spot or win and keep Moyes for another two years I would rather we dropped 3 points. I would rather we dropped 3 points tomorrow than 40 or so over the next two years.

Not if it was Liverpool or City though.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
As long as we make it difficult for them and sling aimless balls into the box, Moyes will be pleased. Becasue that's what Manchester United are about.

In terms of him getting the chop - it wont happen because Fergie wont allow it. Can you imagine him admitting he's made a huge mistake?

Member 60376

No

I would want Arsenal to win the title ahead of City or Chelsea, just not by thumping us tomorrow

togg

No, I'll be delighted if we win, always am. We could be beaten 8 -0 but Moyes will still be here....this season...over the summer and into half way next season.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Nobody?

Really?

That's a surprise. In the past 48 hours or so I've read dozens and dozens of people who are absolutely 100% convinced that Moyes will not turn things round under any circumstances. With this in mind, why on earth would you want him to hang around a moment longer than absolutely necessary? It makes no sense. Why would you want that to happen?

A good result against Arsenal can only mean a stay of execution. Nothing else positive can come of it. Not in the long term. Quite the opposite. A bad result makes his position more tenuous. Which is what you're hoping for. It's as simple as that.

If you're in the camp that is not willing to accept even the slightest possibility that he can turn things round, why on earth would you hope for a result that delays his inevitable sacking? Just so we can cause inconvenience to another team? Or get short-term bragging rights until the next, inevitable, run of terrible results.

Do you realise how irrational that is?