Who here wants Liverpool to beat Arsenal on Wednesday? Poll added!

Who do you want to win in Arsenal v Liverpool?

• Liverpool for our faint top four hopes

Votes: 181 33.0%
  • Arsenal to damage Pool's title hopes

Votes: 117 21.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 113 20.6%
  • Giant chasm to open on the pitch, swallowing both teams

Votes: 138 25.1%

• Total voters

JB7

Fair does.
And I've surprised myself how bleak a picture i painted there! I've been on the cafe too long.
I think we're just a good manager away from getting back to a decent level.

Although you can't be confident we'll target the right one.
It's easy done after last night. Felt like a game I'd seen 100 times already, so predictable!

Agree with you, maybe it's blind optimism at this point, but we've seen with Liverpool that the right manager can drag you to heights you wouldn't otherwise reach. Let's hope so anyway, I feel like we're owed a good choice by now! :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's easy done after last night. Felt like a game I'd seen 100 times already, so predictable!

Agree with you, maybe it's blind optimism at this point, but we've seen with Liverpool that the right manager can drag you to heights you wouldn't otherwise reach. Let's hope so anyway, I feel like we're owed a good choice by now! :lol:
Yep, as I wake up in some random travelodge facing a 3hour drive back south, I'm not actually too disappointed.

I think we all knew we couldn't possibly get too far in this cup this year, and perhaps we've avoided a shoeing off about 4 or 5 much better teams.

But you're right hope does live eternal for footy fans and at least we know a huge change is coming with a new manager.

Just need to put as good a run in as we can and somehow hope Liverpool don't win the league and we can somehow pass Arsenal.

But if not, one season out of the big boys cup doesn't mean the end of the world.
Arsenal benefitted magnificently without Europe at all.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Arsenal are our rival so I want them to drop points.

I don’t really care who wins the league this year, I’ll just savour the tears of whoever loses. Bluemoon’s meltdown will be worse than RAWK’s, frankly.

Superden

a draw and a bit of a brawl so a few red cards get dished out. that would be ideal. perhaps klopp finally losing it (with his uber exuberance) and chinning someone. that would be gravy.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
As it is, I'd like Liverpool to score 4 more goals.

JB7

They only have 2 games on us after losing this one and one of them is against us? Anything can happen still
I like to think of myself as an optimist when it comes to United... but you have seen us play right?

And if you could explain how one of their games in hand could possibly be a game against us please that would be great.

L1nk

I like to think of myself as an optimist when it comes to United... but you have seen us play right?
Of course, and I am being realistic too. Literally anything can happen with 9 games left. This might shake Arsenal up and they might go on a bad run of form, who knows

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

And if you could explain how one of their games in hand could possibly be a game against us please that would be great.
It's the Schrödinger match. I thought everyone knew about that.

Gandalf

They only have 2 games on us after losing this one and one of them is against us? Anything can happen still
Away to Villa on the weekend is no gimme and so it could get interesting but honestly it is hard to find hope in anything at this point. The one sliver of optimism is that with the CL done and dusted we can now do what Arsenal have been doing and focus 100% on the league with a week off between matches which would allow us to play Matic every week for example and actually get a grip on the middle of the park.

El Zoido

Going well so far. Villa will help us out at the weekend too. Liverpool have to play City and Us. Killing their title challenge will be great revenge for the 5-0.
You think we're going to get a result at Anfield, when Liverpool are going for the title..? We're more likely to get done 5-0 again.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It will be another 5-0 or more when we go to Anfield, we're terrible. Anyone thinking this result will benefit us is deluded.

Dan_F

If we still get top four after that run of draws against the shit teams then Arsenal might as well disband the club.

jm99

Voting for an arsenal was absolute madness, we've got a big rebuild required this summer, and it's not going to be easy even with champions League football, out of the champions League hardly bears thinking about. We've got about 2 seasons max before Newcastle start taking a regular top 4 place, city and Liverpool are guaranteed to take two of the four spots each year as they're so far ahead. So it's between us and Chelsea for the fourth spot going forward and without abramovich we can win that but make no mistake, if we feck up the next season or two, there's going to be a new top 4 and it's not going to include us, we're going to fall permanently into the arsenal and spurs category.

In that context anyone who would rather not get top 4 as long as Liverpool don't win a title are mental

el3mel

Going well so far. Villa will help us out at the weekend too. Liverpool have to play City and Us. Killing their title challenge will be great revenge for the 5-0.
Thinking we will actually get a result at Anfield has to be the biggest joke I have heard this season so far.