Who here wants Liverpool to beat Arsenal on Wednesday? Poll added!

Who do you want to win in Arsenal v Liverpool?

• Liverpool for our faint top four hopes

Votes: 181 33.0%
  • Arsenal to damage Pool's title hopes

Votes: 117 21.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 113 20.6%
  • Giant chasm to open on the pitch, swallowing both teams

Votes: 138 25.1%

• Total voters

Born2Lose

Can't see us making up the points even if they lose.

There's a part of me also that thinks that squeezing top 4 will just paper over the cracks.

tomaldinho1

Arsenal are probably my second least favourite team after Pool so this is harder than usual but still, has to be Arsenal win.

Zen86

I agree
Would take Arsenal 5-0 on Wednesday

but there are Utd fans who were born in the 90s and don’t see a Liverpool as a rival. So I can see there point of view.

anyone who is 40 and over, and doesn’t mind Liverpool wining the title, they need help!
Yep.

Liverpool equalling our title haul vs us winning the Top 4 trophy. No brainer.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Does anyone really think Arsenal can get a point there? They tend to get whalloped don't they?

Chief123

Does anyone really think Arsenal can get a point there? They tend to get whalloped don't they?
I actually fancy they can get something. They are in good form and look organised. Asi arsenals strengths are in areas where Liverpool show weaknesses. Martinelli and Saka could really hurt Liverpool on the break getting in behind the attacking full backs.

Dante

Average bang
I could never countenance the words 'Liverpool' and 'win' in the same sentence.

If it could be rephrased to something about Arsenal losing, that would be much each to accept.

Deery

Dreary
Looks like we’ve got Liverpool Tuesday 19th 8:00pm, the Arsenal 4 days later on Saturday 23rd at 12:30pm..

shaky

We aren’t consistent enough for top four so all Arsenal losing does is serve 3 points towards Liverpool’s title challenge. Hope Arsenal do them.
Why would you want Arsenal to win rather than, say, a giant chasm opening up on the pitch , swallowing both teams? I don't get it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If it means us having a better chance of a top 4 finish then yes we should all want liverpool to beat them and then all hope that they slip up against another team.

misterparsley

Regardless of the result, our inconsistency and general awfulness means we wont get top 4. Besides, next seasons rebuild needs to happen away from the spotlight of the Champions League. It'll be a blessing in disguise...

RVN1991

Still think City will stuff them when they meet so yes considering Arsenal should be the favorite to get 4th. It's still a fair amount of fixtures left, Arsenal isn't the only opponent that can take points from the scouse during their run in.

Elcabron

If we have any aspirations of top 4 then we need Liverpool to win. Personally I know I’m in the minority but I’d prefer pool win the title over city anyway. At least they are a proper club.
A fair and rational comment. City have cheated their way to their current position through completely false sponsorship deals and so their success doesn't really count as far as I'm concerned. It is hollow and meaningless which is exactly why I want them to win it over Liverpool.

I Am Zlatan

I could care less about Liverpool, we need to get 4th badly, so yes, I hope they smash Arsenal and completely demoralize them.

Smores

I'd much rather miss out on top 4 than suffer a Liverpool title win and it's not even close.

predator

Youth NITK
I will be genuinely upset if Liverpool match us on number 20 given they have won double (or 3 more) champions league titles than us. Having the most league titles is crucial.

I'd rather city win another 6 on the bouncy than the scouser win another. Hopefully we can win one before they next do.

BuzzKillington

I hate Europa League with a passion, but on the other hand Liverpool probably win 20 titles, it’s probably another year in the doldrums of European football for me.
Thursday night European football, followed by 2pm Sunday kick offs has become synonymous with depression (football wise at least) for me.

Unfortunately to duck it and that other pony competition they’ve introduced we really have to lose a lot of games between now and may. Not sure which is preferable.

It wouldn’t be so bad if we just used the Europa league for blooding the youth/reserves but every manager we’ve had has taken some footballing purist attitude to it and actually tries to win the fecking thing.

Eugh, no more, please just make it stop.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Top 4 was over the minute the January transfer window shut. This result makes no difference in that regard to us. Arsenal win.

Longshanks

Not been around long enough I’d say
Given as though wanting Liverpool to lose is handing City the title its hardly good either way.

May feel differently if for example it was Liverpool and Leicester fighting for the title, where Leicester winning the title is alot more preferable but city winning it over Liverpool is only slightly preferable and certainly not more preferable than us being in the CL next season and not being in the god awful europa league and the nonsense that is the conference league .

Josh 76

Can't see us making up the points even if they lose.

There's a part of me also that thinks that squeezing top 4 will just paper over the cracks.
Paper over the cracks by finishing top 4?

a confusing statement.

it’s not like we have a crap manager in charge and he will keep his job if we finish top 4.

also it’s not like we have players that we want to keep who will stay with us if we finish top 4.

finishing top 4 won’t paper over the cracks, it will cement the cracks and be a solid foundation to build on for the next manager and encourage top players to come to this club.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Praying Arsenal destroys them and their title hopes. Top four's not all that anyway.

I can't remember the last time we had a worthy RAWK goes into meltdown bump :(

abkmufc92

Top four isn't happening even if Arsenal lose, we fecked ourselves by dropping stupid points.

Arsenal will still have two more games in hand and we basically can't drop anymore points, it's over.

soapythecat

We won’t catch Arsenal, regardless of this result. They are playing much better and more consistently than us, so may as well hope they win and put a dent in the rat munching feckers title hopes.

JB7

I guess this means you want City to win everything and you are okay with that.
Given the choice between City & Liverpool winning the league yeah, I’ll take City every time like any normal United fan.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
If we have any aspirations of top 4 then we need Liverpool to win. Personally I know I’m in the minority but I’d prefer pool win the title over city anyway. At least they are a proper club.
Exactly why I’m happy for City to win it.