Who here wants Liverpool to beat Arsenal on Wednesday? Poll added!

Who do you want to win in Arsenal v Liverpool?

• Liverpool for our faint top four hopes

Votes: 181 33.0%
  • Arsenal to damage Pool's title hopes

Votes: 117 21.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 113 20.6%
  • Giant chasm to open on the pitch, swallowing both teams

Votes: 138 25.1%

• Total voters

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we were certain either a Pool win would get us top 4 and they wouldn't win the title, then it'd be a no brainer.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Given the choice between City & Liverpool winning the league yeah, I’ll take City every time like any normal United fan.
Okay. You do realize if City start winning title after title pretty soon young players in Manchester and around will dream about playing for City and not United. And City's fan base will grow around the world and maybe rival United's. You don't think that would affect our future? Nothing is permanent in sports.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Exactly why I’m happy for City to win it.
All it does it legitimise the city project. We already know Liverpool are one of the big clubs in England, we don’t need city to artificially make themselves one too.

Judas

Open to offers
All it does it legitimise the city project. We already know Liverpool are one of the big clubs in England, we don’t need city to artificially make themselves one too.
Not really? It'll never be legitimised unless every other club becomes a play thing for an oil state, then they can play the "we did it first!" card.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Okay. You do realize if City start winning title after title pretty soon young players in Manchester and around will dream about playing for City and not United. And City's fan base will grow around the world and maybe rival United's. You don't think that would affect our future? Nothing is permanent in sports.
City can wrack up as many league titles as they see fit while, yet not one of them is legitimate. No one care about City.

It's a wholly different story when the scousers win it.

Statue of Limitations

Poll could have done without the joke answer tbf.

100% Liverpool victory - they are not winning at City, nor will they go unbeaten in their tougher-than-City's run in.
Arsenal need their confidence dinged, we need all the help we can get, before of course going there and ruining their run at Anfield too of course.

C'mon the Pool :mad:

Edit: Draw highly preferable to an Arse win of course.

SAFMUTD

So its one of those "would you rather" games, where you're fecked no matter what you choose.

JB7

How old are you?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Given as though wanting Liverpool to lose is handing City the title its hardly good either way.

May feel differently if for example it was Liverpool and Leicester fighting for the title, where Leicester winning the title is alot more preferable but city winning it over Liverpool is only slightly preferable and certainly not more preferable than us being in the CL next season and not being in the god awful europa league and the nonsense that is the conference league .
Eh? City winning it is a LOT more preferable than listing on to scousers banging on about number 20 or whatever it is until the world ends in nuclear warfare. Is that how you want to go out?

Giggsy13

A draw is obviously preferred, lets hope we can enact some measure of revenge on the scouse pricks at anfield.

RedDevilRoshi

Liverpool to win. Utd come first and if that means needing then to do us a favour then so be it!

Redlyn

Liverpool to win. Utd come first and if that means needing then to do us a favour then so be it!
Yea and that's why so many people pick arsenal win or draw. Precisely so united stay first...in number of title wins. Just a different side of the same "united first" coin.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How old are you?
I think you implying he's young is his point...
It's United fans our age and up who will never accept city as a big club.
But people age and move on and youngsters come through with different thoughts.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Id eat a box of sürstromming in bed before I want the scousers to win anthing, let alone a football game. But Arsenal is also awful so my vote goes to: Liverpool lose, THEN both teams are swallowed by a chasm

Lentwood

Liverpool, because it's starting to get to the point now with the whole Abrahamovic debacle at Chelsea, the Saudi's at Newcastle and Abu Dhabi at City whereby I'd support any 'real', organic team over these state-doped monstrosities

studs

Wouldn't give those feckers a shot at a gumball machine, nevermind a PL title. I hope the Gunners give them a wobble.

Tarrou

Whoever wins the title in a year that we’re not challenging for it is irrelevant. If you are a Manchester United fan, you should be cheering for the outcome that best serves Manchester United. The answer for this should pretty clearly be Liverpool win, anyone voting otherwise should be asking themselves why the results of another team should be valued over our own campaign.
you don't have any mates who are scouser do you?

my life will be unbearable

the best outcome is Liverpool win this game and then do a Stevie-G style bottle job at the end of the season, please

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The thought of Arsenal finishing 4th above United is the biggest dread I have all season. If only Usmanov had got his wish to buy that disgusting club.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Decent poll ruined by a nonsense option. Redcafe tradition.

hobbers

We're not getting top four. I'd much rather City win the title than Liverpool.

Absolute no brainer.

LoneStar

I want Liverpool to win. And not just let City race off to the title. This season is boring as hell otherwise. And of course I want a higher chance of us making it to top 4.

Jev

People who want Liverpool to win hate Liverpool more than they love United. It's absurd. One result would be very bad for Manchester United, one would be very good, and 21 percent want the bad result? Get real.

RedIan

Pathetic to want arsenal to win when we still have a chance of top 4. I don’t give a shit about who wins the prem only about my own teams prospects for next year. City or Liverpool, I really do not care a hoot.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not really? It'll never be legitimised unless every other club becomes a play thing for an oil state, then they can play the "we did it first!" card.
You say that but Chelsea were owned by a Russian crook and nobody cared when they won all their trophies. They have built a fairly substantial support now. I fear city will do this in due course.

Judas

Open to offers
You say that but Chelsea were owned by a Russian crook and nobody cared when they won all their trophies. They have built a fairly substantial support now. I fear city will do this in due course.
Of course they will over the next few decades. City's fanbase is getting bigger and bigger with the younger generation, doesn't legitimise their success though. It'll always be hollow.

Lee565

I do and hope Liverpool win the title again its what all the deluded standard lowering ole in supporters and the club stupid enough to think he could match pep and klopp deserve to witness again.

JB7

I think you implying he's young is his point...
It's United fans our age and up who will never accept city as a big club.
But people age and move on and youngsters come through with different thoughts.
For me it was more the case that we were 26 years without winning the league while our biggest rivals dominated, we even got relegated, in a much, much more difficult time to stay relevant than 2022 and yet we remained the biggest, best supported club in the country. It would take a lot more than City winning a few more titles for them to ever be looked at in the same breathe as United.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For me it was more the case that we were 26 years without winning the league while our biggest rivals dominated, we even got relegated, in a much, much more difficult time to stay relevant than 2022 and yet we remained the biggest, best supported club in the country. It would take a lot more than City winning a few more titles for them to ever be looked at in the same breathe as United.
How about they win most of the next 25 titles, 7 or 8 euros, while we win one league cup in that time?
They become the most successful English team ever, which means they get all the English fans etc.

All a nightmare scenario, but you can't just assume that the now will be the forever.

JB7

How about they win most of the next 25 titles, 7 or 8 euros, while we win one league cup in that time?
They become the most successful English team ever, which means they get all the English fans etc.

All a nightmare scenario, but you can't just assume that the now will be the forever.
I take the point but I don't consider 25 years from now to be "pretty soon" which was the point I was replying to.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We need Liverpool to get a result otherwise our season is as good as ended.

Probably feels that way to some of our players looking at how they play.

Slysi17

To be quite brutally honest, we shouldn't get bent out of shape if Liverpool win another league title when Manchester United have been so poor and the lack of success is self inflicted. Manchester United have not challenged for a league since Alex Fergusons final season so a Liverpool win for me to help with top four.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I take the point but I don't consider 25 years from now to be "pretty soon" which was the point I was replying to.
Fair does.
And I've surprised myself how bleak a picture i painted there! I've been on the cafe too long.
I think we're just a good manager away from getting back to a decent level.

Although you can't be confident we'll target the right one.