Who here wants Liverpool to beat Arsenal on Wednesday? Poll added!

Who do you want to win in Arsenal v Liverpool?

• Liverpool for our faint top four hopes

Votes: 181 33.0%
  • Arsenal to damage Pool's title hopes

Votes: 117 21.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 113 20.6%
  • Giant chasm to open on the pitch, swallowing both teams

Votes: 138 25.1%

• Total voters

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Whoever wins the title in a year that we’re not challenging for it is irrelevant. If you are a Manchester United fan, you should be cheering for the outcome that best serves Manchester United. The answer for this should pretty clearly be Liverpool win, anyone voting otherwise should be asking themselves why the results of another team should be valued over our own campaign.
Because that team is Liverpool

Most important thing in football - Utd win the league.
Second most - Liverpool don't.

Kaos

Because that team is Liverpool

Most important thing in football - Utd win the league.
Second most - Liverpool don't.
Yeah pretty much this.

I might have a change of heart if we were competitively placed to grab 4th, and even in that case I'd hope for a draw at best.

But considering we aren't likely to get top 4, I'd happily be a gooner for 90mins if it means I don't have to see them lift no.20

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I didn't realise City drew yesterday. Scousers are too close for my liking.

And top 4 is hardly a trophy.
I've become slightly numb to it lately. That first season with Liverpool neck and neck with them was very stressful.

Then they pissed it but no-one was there to celebrate it, really cheered me up.

Couldn't give a monkeys about top 4 other than obviously watching and wanting Utd to win every game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I voted for the last option but, failing that, I'll take a chaotic draw with red cards aplenty.

Bwuk

Let's say Liverpool win.

We'd be behind Arsenal by 1 point. They'd have 11 games to play, we'd have 9.

We'd have to get more points from a possible 27 than they would from a possible 33.

We have to play Arsenal at the Emirates still, along with Chelsea at home and Liverpool away.

Arsenal would have us, Chelsea & Spurs to play.

I don't see us getting top 4.

Zen86

Anyone who wants Liverpool to have a chance at another league title needs to give their heads a wobble, even if it's to our own detriment.

Longshanks

As much as a giant chasm opening would be brilliant, its got to be a Liverpool win hasn't it. Always the fate of united that is more important than anything else.

fastwalker

Goodness. What a state of affairs. I remember the 25 year period beginning c1992 when Liverpool judged their successes by our failures. It is truly amazing to see how times change. In recent memory Liverpool were a laughing stock of a club. A club struggling to come to terms with the changing demands of the modern game. A club literally creaking under the weight of their vaunted heritage and former glories. A club with owners whose singular goal was making money. A club with a succession of failed managers, who struggled and failed to complete a credible 'rebuild'. A club that at best was competing for a top four position and who flattered to deceive when when it came to showing real title winning credentials. A club that wasted millions in the transfer market on a succession of overpriced players. A club whose players were more interested in the cut of their suits, rather than the commitment to their craft.

Liverpool have learnt from United and in terms of application and discipline have become the side we used to be. Sadly, United have learnt from Liverpool and have become the side they were.

Amazing how things have changed.

Giggsy13

Our owners tend to spend more when we're out of the top 4, so I would rather us fail miserably to support the rebuild the Club desperately needs.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Liverpool have learnt from United and in terms of application and discipline have become the side we used to be. Sadly, United have learnt from Liverpool and have become the side they were.

Amazing how things have changed.
They've won one title.

Banat

I'v been thinking about this last night and
rather we miss out top 4 than Liverpool get their 20. and draw level with us.
I'm in minority here but I don't think getting top 4 will be crucial for appointing someone like ETH and we can still pay top dollar to lure some classy players.
I genuinely believe Liverpool will go back to mediocrity when Klopp finally f* off in 2024. and hopefully without Salah next season, I don't see them challenging any time soon, especially after one of Kane/Haaland joins City this summer.
Plus they will soon have to replace most of their players so it's not looking good for them.
I think they are terribly ran club but they have nailed it with Klopp.
So this is their last shot at PL title imo and I don't wont them to equal us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We aren't going to get very close to Arsenal even if Liverpool hammer them if we're being honest. Though Arsenal are annoying pricks. So draw for me.

OL29

Not really, I was born in 1990, Liverpool were pretty irrelevant for my whole childhood and as a young adult, during which time the Arsenal and Man United rivalry was at an all time high. On top of that my Dad supported Arsenal so there was extra incentive to hate them. And this is coming from a Mancunian, born and bred.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I do. It gives us a slightly better chance at 4th and I would rather have Liverpool win the PL than City. If City win the PL, CL and FA we are really looking at a dominant team for years to come. City, with Pep and their money, could win 4 or 5 PL titles in a row and a couple or 3 CL titles. If that happens we may not be the biggest club in Manchester anymore and that would make it even harder for us to climb back to the top.

It's better if Liverpool and City beat up on each other and split the spoils for the next few years. And it's more exciting.

Spoony

The People's President
Not really, I was born in 1990, Liverpool were pretty irrelevant for my whole childhood and as a young adult, during which time the Arsenal and Man United rivalry was at an all time high. On top of that my Dad supported Arsenal so there was extra incentive to hate them. And this is coming from a Mancunian, born and bred.
Your dad supported Arsenal. What was wrong with him??

Last edited:

ti vu

The odd is high for scenario that Liverpool wins this game and eventually win the league; while Arsenal would still finish the season in top 4.

So feck it. What happens, happens.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Draw works for me, but Liverpool will win with ease. I feel like this game will be quite fiesty and might even kickstart a bad run of form for Arsenal.

I don't know why I think that, just a feeling..

Josh 76

Anyone who wants Liverpool to have a chance at another league title needs to give their heads a wobble, even if it's to our own detriment.
I agree
Would take Arsenal 5-0 on Wednesday

but there are Utd fans who were born in the 90s and don’t see a Liverpool as a rival. So I can see there point of view.

anyone who is 40 and over, and doesn’t mind Liverpool wining the title, they need help!

fastwalker

They've won one title.
My exact quote was as follows:

"Liverpool have learnt from United and in terms of application and discipline have become the side we used to be. Sadly, United have learnt from Liverpool and have become the side they were. Amazing how things have changed."

JB7

I do. It gives us a slightly better chance at 4th and I would rather have Liverpool win the PL than City. If City win the PL, CL and FA we are really looking at a dominant team for years to come. City, with Pep and their money, could win 4 or 5 PL titles in a row and a couple or 3 CL titles. If that happens we may not be the biggest club in Manchester anymore and that would make it even harder for us to climb back to the top.

It's better if Liverpool and City beat up on each other and split the spoils for the next few years. And it's more exciting.
Jesus christ

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I have better (more tricky) question for polI;

IF this is last game of the season where Liverpool's win means that Liverpool win PL and we win 4th spot trophy, what would you want then? :nervous: :devil:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ofcourse them dippers should wipe the floor with arsenal and then lose against us :keano:
Yeah as if we'd do anything but bolster their chances. We could have kept them out of this year's CL but proceeded to lose at home.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I agree
Would take Arsenal 5-0 on Wednesday

but there are Utd fans who were born in the 90s and don’t see a Liverpool as a rival. So I can see there point of view.

anyone who is 40 and over, and doesn’t mind Liverpool wining the title, they need help!
I'm much closer to the 90s kids than to you in age but I'll take us finishing 7th if it means no great Scouse comeback and no 2nd title in 3 years.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Shit, I missed the fact City drew last night. When you're outside the UK, the bbc website covers Spanish football more for some reason and I only had a cursory look this morning cos work was stupidly busy.
Got a nasty feeling Liverpool are on a charge.

Green_Red

Arsenal won't beat Liverpool. We need more than Liverpool beating Arsenal to have a hope of top 4. We only have one route to the Champions League next season and that starts tonight.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yeah as if we'd do anything but bolster their chances. We could have kept them out of this year's CL but proceeded to lose at home.
We also drew with them at OT with a depleted squad in the year they missed on the title by a point. It's not impossible.

MoskvaRed

Whether United make 4th or not is just a cash issue. We are not going to win the Champions League next year whether it’s under Ten Haag, Poch, Tuchel or the second coming of Jesus. Having Liverpool back level with us and with a strong chance of pushing on to number 21 would, however, feel like having that final crutch kicked out from underneath us amid the downsizing in our status since 2013 (or 2009 if we are honest). If I weren’t a United fan, of course, I’d go for Klopp’s Liverpool any day of the week over the Abu Dhabi project.

AndySmith1990

Not going to waste my energy on hoping or caring about what happens with Liverpool until we're in a position to challenge them. It just adds to the negative feelings and I'd rather do without it. We all know they'll easily beat Arsenal anyway.