Who is our best player?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Simple question, prompted by a difference of opinion in the Ronaldo thread. Who do you think our best player is?

Doesn't neccesarily have to be the one happens to be performing the best this season, more in general terms who you think is currently the best footballer in our squad.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Consistency will play a huge part in this decision - in which case, I’d have to say the goalie. Pogba is the ‘best’ for me though, has the most quality. But De Gea is easily the best when measured by a quality of performance multiplied by consistency of performance metric. After him, we start moving into ‘on their day’ territory.

Tyrion

1. De Gea
  2. Bruno
  3. Sancho
  4. Pogba
  5. Cavani
Imo at least. Pogba is talented but isn't reliable. Sancho will come good but needs time and a half decent team.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If you were assembling an elite team and had to pick one from ours, I think I'd pick Varane.

Pickle85

Simple question, prompted by a difference of opinion in the Ronaldo thread. Who do you think our best player is?

Doesn't neccesarily have to be the one happens to be performing the best this season, more in general terms who you think is currently the best footballer in our squad.
Interesting question - I'd probably go with DDG and Pogba, though Varane is also probably in with a shout?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Overall? Bruno.
Currently: De Gea
Best in a one-off game? Probably Pogba, although Bruno, De Gea & Cristiano* can all challenge him

* in CL

Bertie Wooster

Obviously, over their career, it's Ronaldo. But in terms of their ability nowadays, I can't see beyond Varane, Pogba, De Gea or Fernandes.

I'd go with Varane. For what he's achieved in his career trophy wise, and the contribution he's made to those ability wise. And he's still at a high level now, although injuries and our overall form means we're yet to fully see it here so far.

Will Singh

Varane and Bruno are our best outfield players and Pogba is our most talented player. I had i high hopes for one of our academy player but not more but Sancho can only get better and if he gets to he’s form from previous seasons he’ll smash up the league!

Paul_Scholes18

It is hard to know. I would have said one from Bruno, Ronaldo, Sancho, Pogba, Varane, Maguire, Shaw before the season. Now everyone has been pretty poor for us this season.

I guess De Gea has been our best player so far. Fred been good too.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Overall? Bruno.
Currently: De Gea
Best in a one-off game? Probably Pogba, although Bruno, De Gea & Cristiano* can all challenge him

* in CL
Baffles the mind to think a squad like ours with these many stars can’t challenge for the title.

I agree Bruno as overall best and De Gea as lost consistent now

Pogba is the most talented by a mile but thoroughly inconsistent

Hammondo

Baffles the mind to think a squad like ours with these many stars can’t challenge for the title.

I agree Bruno as overall best and De Gea as lost consistent now

Pogba is the most talented by a mile but thoroughly inconsistent
Because they are massively overrated.

Bondi77

None of our players would make a Premier League select 11 so who cares?

Mainoldo

Pogba.

Our best performer Bruno. Which is also the reason to why we’re not winning shite for a while.

Dante

Average bang
Pogba is our best player in the same way that street freestylers are world class footballers.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Fred!

Really though it’s Bruno and Varane. They stand out as close to world class quality without us winning anything. It’s good recruitment. DDG is great but he was so bad for too long. He’s not the answer. Still, Too many major questions in this team to be resolved. Pogba is a beautiful player on his day but he’s injured too much and doesn’t seem all that motivated to be here. Stick a few really intense players with a bit of quality into this team and I think we will majorly come on!

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Is pogba really that good?

Sure on his days he's fantastic, but overall his United career is a trainwreck. He has more bad games then good ones, his trophy collections are also poor for a supposedly world clase player.

If he keeps the current trajectory by the time he retire he'll be just a foot note among the real greats.

Ronaldo on the other hand, this year is his only bad year considering all else. If he retires today he'd blow pogba out of the water. Hell i think he'd blow half the squad trophy count by himself

MattJ166

I think it's hard to look past Bruno as our best player, the sheer numbers this guy has racked up is impressive, I think he should be moved into a false 9 role.

I'd say DDG & Varane round out our top 3.

Andersonson

Pogba has played one game again and the hype train is back. Baffling.

Our best player is between Bruno, De Gea or Varane.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
De Gea. This season no one else has been as consistently good as him.

Deery

Dreary
I honestly think some people don’t even watch football.

RedCurry

We have a team of inconsistent players. So the question really should be that who is our most consistent player. The answer this season is DDG. Last season was Bruno. Rashford was our best player for short periods of time.

gregor

1. Varane
2. Bruno
For third spot it's quite close between Ronaldo, De Gea, Pogba, Sancho, Rashford,...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
PP6. Bruno, De Gea, Varane + 1 make out the top 5.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Difficult one. All the players have badly underperformed for a long period at some point. A lot of calls for DDG but he was Sunday league for two years. Many others claim Bruno and ignore that he’s just getting back to form after 13 months of generally poor performances every week. If that’s not inconsistent, then it’s consistently poor over a long period.

I’d go Varane. As another poster said if you were building an elite team he would be the one you’d put in.

Mickson

Pogba and Sancho are the best players, most talented, best footballers. But they have not been our best players in the regard that they have produced. De Gea is obviously up there. Maybe Varane too. Bruno is fighting for a spot as well.