Who is your preferred option for the RW spot?

joedirt87

At this point I wouldn't mind Pellistri getting a chance to start. Sancho probably does a little more of what ETH wants.

luke511

Amad
Antony
Pellestri
Sancho

100% not Bruno, and every person involved in the transfer of Mount needs sacking if he ends up there too.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He’s really not but you’re entitled to your opinion. He’s more involved and an all round better team player playing off the right.
Problem is you take away his greatest strength as a player which is his ball striking and cutting in from the left to get into dangerous positions. Rashford isn't two footed enough to be comfortable playing off of the right and even so his first instinct is to shoot at goal, not create for others.

All that being said, yeah he's still better than Antony on that side.

redsunited

We ain’t buying anyone
Then it looks like a similar ending to Rangnicks season. This team doesn’t look likely to finish higher than City, Arsenal, Liverpool, New Castle & Brighton. Probably 8th below Spurs & Chelsea as well.

RedDevilUnited369

We bought Sancho as a beast on the right wing. He should be given time to play one position and I’m sure he’d flourish.

El-Manos

Then it looks like a similar ending to Rangnicks season. This team doesn’t look likely to finish higher than City, Arsenal, Liverpool, New Castle & Brighton. Probably 8th below Spurs & Chelsea as well.
I’m not disagreeing

OverratedOpinion

I believe Sancho, Anthony and potentially Amad and Pellestri have the ability to do well there consistently, my decision is really whoever grabs the mantle.

Honestly speaking right now the player who has most shown the desire to do so is Pellestri despite probably having the least talent out of all of them.

Not much of an answer but I think that is where we are right now. If I was to guess I think it ends up being Sancho eventually .

Melville Red

Ranked in order:
Mount
Amad
Pellistri
Sancho
Garnacho

[Big gap]

Antony. (Should be sold as soon as is practicably possible or relegated to a permanent bench seat till contract expires. He is not Premier League level.)
Which is a worry as ETH had worked with him at Ajax and you would think he would have know he wasn’t good enough for the PL. Spending that amount on a player who can’t use his right foot even for the simplest of passes is something ETH must put right. Why not move him to the left so he could actually get to the bye line and cross it with his left without cutting back or stopping and playing it back? Surely it’s worth a try and move Rashford to the right which apparently is Rashford£s best position.

Last edited:

Lyng

Amad and its not particularly close. After that Pellistri and then Sancho.
I dont think Antony will come good. Hope to be proven wrong though.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I would prefer to see Antony on the left oddly if Rashford is being played centrally as I think he will provide more assists there being so one footed it might force him to stop coming inside and shooting constantly.

Grizzly B

I think Antony has had his chance at this stage and we should be looking at other options. I'm not sure how balanced the team is with two selfish wide forwards in Rashford and Antony playing week in and week out. It means most of if not all of our creativity has to come from Bruno. The few times last season Sancho played from the right he looked good, and while not the sort of winger that is going to beat his man with pace and cross from the byline, he is far more creative than Antony and would add a nice balance, especially with the technically challenged Wan Bissaka playing at RB. If EtH put the same amount of faith in Sancho that he has put in Antony over the last 12 months, and gave him an extended run in the team I feel he would excel.

Reactions: 711

El Jefe

I'd rather a system with no right winger than having Antony start.

Would play Mount as an inside right AM or start Sancho at RW.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think Sancho is the best player for that role right now. I think it will be Amad eventually, and perhaps even quite soon if he can get over the injury problem.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
The issue I have with Antony is that he is so one footed if I were ant close to being a Premiership footballer, I'd know he would only try his left foot and defend accordingly. Feck me, even Phil Neville could kick with either foot

AFC NimbleThumb

We bought Sancho as a beast on the right wing. He should be given time to play one position and I’m sure he’d flourish.
I said this the other week.

As shite as he has been at points, he signed for a manager who was eventually sacked & prior to doing so switched to a wingerless formation. He was then managed by Ralf, less said the better. Then last season he had his personal issues & never really got back in.

He must take responsibility for not playing as well as he should have at times but look at how much rope Antony has been given, I don’t care how poor Sancho has been he’d show more if given the same.

If that fails, release a new statement & bring back MG.

NoPace

Villa look decent too. I’d say 6.5 is the over under for where we finish at the moment.

Meep

Amad. Pellistri and Garnacho have to battle it out. Give them all several chances as starters (when they are healthy..). Rashford has the left side and Hojlund the center spot.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Well then... this has taken a turn...

Who's your preference now?
Do we have anyone left or are they all loaned, potentially suspended or injured? Let's just play without anyone on the right, the position is bloody cursed.

But seriously, I expect Rashford (with Garnacho on the left) and Bruno (if Mount is fit) to be picked in that position first, before anyone else gets a shot if they both don't work out. Then Pellistri will get a chance, before Amad will hopefully be back and make the spot his own.

Obviously there are still huge question marks over Antony and Sancho, so for all we know they will both still be available and play.

DickDastardly

We should try Bruno on that right, but only because Eriksen is playing some sweet football and it's a shame not playing him more.

I'd try Casemiro Amrabat middle.

Eriksen in front

Bruno right - Rashford left

Hojlund up front.

Then, after 60-70 minutes, try Pellistri on the right and put Bruno back to his natural position.

sammyhol

Everyone clambering for Sancho back on the RW have short memories... He has been pretty poor everywhere he has played so far, but he was particularly bad when we tried him from the right.

His German form can now surely be put down to a significantly poorer standard of defending overall. He doesn't have the pace or power to beat a man, and is easily dispossessed... a pretty unfavourable combo for a winger!

I'm no Antony fan either (and if there is substance to the accusations I want him gone just like the last one...), but for me he is still more effective than Sancho from RW.

Its a sorry state of affairs that we have spent recently 200mil+ on 4 RWs, and had a potentially generational talent through the ranks for that position, but have ended up with no obvious, consistent, high quality starting RW.

The one player who has shown the most glimpses of potential there for me is Pellistri. He is clearly raw, and we shouldn't need to be playing him.... but of all of them, he most deserves a run.

Rojofiam

A mix of all of our current options, but most often Antony. That is, until the next Saka/Salah/Robben etc. level talent is produced and we go all out to sign him. Sadly, world class left footed right wingers are rare so we might have to wait a bit.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
We should try Bruno on that right, but only because Eriksen is playing some sweet football and it's a shame not playing him more.

I'd try Casemiro Amrabat middle.

Eriksen in front

Bruno right - Rashford left

Hojlund up front.

Then, after 60-70 minutes, try Pellistri on the right and put Bruno back to his natural position.
I hate it when people recommend this, a central Bruno is one of our most consistent options, why would we move him? I'd rather Mount go wide

Mr Smith

Assuming for the sake of argument that Antony is innocent and this all blows over (I haven't been following the news closely), I think he still needs taking out of the firing line for a while. Given that, I'd genuinely give Pellistri a run in the team for a few games and see how he performs. Every time I've seen him he's looked promising.

Judas

Open to offers
Assuming Antony isn’t playing for us for a little while, I expect Bruno or Mount to be shoved out there unfortunately. I’d honestly just give Pellistri a go, because at this point why not, it’s now or never for him here I think.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I have not been all that impressed with Antony. I think Amad is more promising, such a shame he is injured.

Right now, I would be looking to play Sancho on the right, with Pellistri as an impact sub, probably coming on for him in a lot of games, and I know there might be issues there but I feel like we are mostly just failing to get a tune out of a very good player.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In purely footballing terms, it would be Antony. We're very clearly better with him in the side, even if he doesn't exactly wow in terms of individual output.

If we take it he isn't an option for non-football reasons, it's trickier. Neither Sancho nor Bruno have wowed at RW and Pellistri hasn't had that much gametime yet.

However, if/when everyone was fit, shifting Bruno to RW would be a way of getting Amrabat into the side regularly alongside Mount/Casemiro, rather than continuing with the Casemiro/Mount/Bruno midfield many seem to have doubts over. For some that in itself may justify a preferences for Bruno at RW over the other options.

Mount would theoretically be an option at RW too, but I suspect it's Bruno who would shift across. Partly because ETH has already used him there and partly because I suspect ETH would want Mount's superior pressing ability centrally rather than out wide given how transition-focused we seem to be.

DickDastardly

I hate it when people recommend this, a central Bruno is one of our most consistent options, why would we move him? I'd rather Mount go wide
His consistency isn't a issue.

It's his somewhat rash and unpredicted ball distribution that sets us off sometimes.

A calmer and less extravagant Eriksen with a backup of Casemiro and Amrabat could be a better fit maybe?
While we still retain Bruno's deliveries and chances he creates, he'd only be a slightly right, not as a wide forward or winger, more of right sided 10.

All i'm saying is, Eriksen is playing in good form, why don't we try and use that while trying out our new DM pairing of Casemiro and Amrabat.

And then revert to a central Bruno while giving Pellistri a run out for half an hour.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Assuming Antony isn’t playing for us for a little while, I expect Bruno or Mount to be shoved out there unfortunately. I’d honestly just give Pellistri a go, because at this point why not, it’s now or never for him here I think.
Mount is injured.