Who potentially replaces Ronaldo?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
No way are you getting scaCca for less than 60 especially when they know we are desperate
The price i've seen touted in the media the last months has been €40m-€50m. No way will he cost £60m. The heavy link to PSG and the recent soft links with Atletico and Chelsea might drive the price up to £45m-£50m. Not more than that.

Redcy

The price i've seen touted in the media the last months has been €40m-€50m. No way will he cost £60m. The heavy link to PSG and the recent soft links with Atletico and Chelsea might drive the price up to £45m-£50m. Not more than that.
That was before, add in interest and it being obvious we are desperate

Relfy

There really aren’t a lot of options out there is this news is true and he gets a move somewhere. Not ideal timing. You’d have thought this would have been communicated to the club much sooner.

Dybala on a free might make sense but he’d ask for huge wages. All other options are surely 50-80m+ and goodness knows whether our budget will cover that.

userman

Andre Silva at RB Leipzig. According to Transfermarkt he has scored every 175 min throughout his career, including 51
(+17 assists) in 89 matches in the Bundesliga the previous three seasons. Transfermarkt values him at €32m.

Godfather

Andre Silva at RB Leipzig. According to Transfermarkt he has scored every 175 min throughout his career, including 51
(+17 assists) in 89 matches in the Bundesliga the previous three seasons. Transfermarkt values him at €32m.
Whenever I've watched him last season he was utter crap.

NewYorkRed

I’m still hopeful he doesn’t leave but if I had to pick someone my vote would go to Martinez. He’s not a guarantee of 20 a year but his alround game is top. Shick is also a good shout. Neither I don’t think will ever be prolific so we would need our wide players to start scoring more + have bruno back at his goalscoring best.

Some of the other names in this thread are laughable. Isak? Silva? Really?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I’m still hopeful he doesn’t leave but if I had to pick someone my vote would go to Martinez. He’s not a guarantee of 20 a year but his alround game is top. Shick is also a good shout. Neither I don’t think will ever be prolific so we would need our wide players to start scoring more + have bruno back at his goalscoring best.

Pretty sure Martinez and Schick are too expensive this summer. People, including me, are listing realistic options and not pipe dreams.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I still wonder if he'll stay too, and this is a Rooney-esque situaton from a decade ago.

You just can't see us buying a top striker, or being dim enough to let Ronaldo go without one.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I can't imagine the sort of stuff he will pull when he starts seeing Messi banging them in in the CL and he's made to stay at United. You'll be paying him 500k pw for him to play half the games and spent the other half on the bench or faking injuries.
Best to end it "amicably" and start building for the future.

Fulham would barely want this trio of targets :nervous:

fps

Every World Cup there's an Italian striker who rocks up and suddenly does the business. This year, Italy haven't qualified for the World Cup.

But there's still Andrea Belotti.

mshnsh

I would say Neymar if he leaves psg. But the truth is that the lack of ucl means most top players won't want to come. The best thing than is to unearth talent from somewhere.

But I believe United are better than what they showed last season. It really depends alot on Ten Hag.

AndySmith1990

I would say Neymar if he leaves psg. But the truth is that the lack of ucl means most top players won't want to come. The best thing than is to unearth talent from somewhere.

But I believe United are better than what they showed last season. It really depends alot on Ten Hag.
We need to stay far away from characters like Neymar. Come on, let's learn from the mistakes of the Woodward era

Red Royal

Think we should look to tempt Mitrovic or Pukki. They are important to there clubs but if we make a big offer and loan them a player or 2 from the squad/youth they may find it hard to reject.

Ted Lasso

I'm sure we can presuade a Premier League striker looking for a step up to sign.
That's also exactly what we need. Someone that's adjusted to the league already and who would score more goals than they currently do in a ETH team.

Ivan Toney, Jimenez, Ings, Vardy , DLC

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's also exactly what we need. Someone that's adjusted to the league already and who would score more goals than they currently do in a ETH team.

Ivan Toney, Jimenez, Ings, Vardy , DLC
These sort of signings should help us to maintain 6th.

Heardy

Think we should look to tempt Mitrovic or Pukki. They are important to there clubs but if we make a big offer and loan them a player or 2 from the squad/youth they may find it hard to reject.
Please please tell me you’re joking. If you’re serious I must be proper naive to how far we have fallen.

Skills

Snitch
Ronaldo being in the team cost Bruno circa 18 goals across all competitions. Bruno was one of the most productive players in the league prior to Ronaldo joining - so we should expect him to get close to those numbers. Ronaldos production is also deteriorating year on year, so I think the production is already in the team to replace his expected goal total next season.