Who replaces Rashford?

Bondi77

Garnacho and Amad goes on the right and give Amad the #10....simples.

Sir Erik ten Hag

We all know that Rashford NEEDS to be replaced - but the real question is, which young left winger with a good goals output can we sign to upgrade on Rashford?

It is impossible to get Vinícius Júnior, Foden, Doku, Grealish, Jota, Coman, Martinelli, Trossard and Diaz given the clubs they play in (in our rivals/ in clubs clearly better than us)
Heung-min Son is 32.
Sterling and Mudryk are both obvious no for class or age reasons.
Mitoma doesn't look good this year.

So the only candidates left are Kvaratskhelia and Leao? Are these two players available and will they fit us?
Or will we be stuck with Rashford/Garnacho combo for years?
I heard Mbappe is gonna be out of contract this summer.

Pintu

Leao for me… but we all know Rashford isn’t leaving, and to be honest with him and Garnacho LW isn’t a problem that needs solving. We have other positions where we should be looking for replacements.

Red00012

He won’t be sold because as bad as he is we’ve bigger problems . Martial, VDB , Evans , Casemiro , Maguire , Varane need to be shifted or will be released 1st

JeffFromHK

He won’t be sold because as bad as he is we’ve bigger problems . Martial, VDB , Evans , Casemiro , Maguire , Varane need to be shifted or will be released 1st
We are so obsessed with replacing our squad players (sold at peanuts) with new bunch of sqaud players (at expensive prices)

keeping almost all our (not up to standard) starting XI

Matriac

The idea is a bit out there I know, but I really think we should go with Rashford in the role that Rashford has had.

Add onto that with some different tactics and an actual LB starting then I think next season we'll see a different left flank.

wolvored

Garnacho can play there and Amad and Lacey should be given chances next season. Amad especially otherwise he might as well leave. Wingers can and should be able to adept to either side really. Shooting from one side, crossing from the other if they are predominantly one footed

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We all know that Rashford NEEDS to be replaced - but the real question is, which young left winger with a good goals output can we sign to upgrade on Rashford?

It is impossible to get Vinícius Júnior, Foden, Doku, Grealish, Jota, Coman, Martinelli, Trossard and Diaz given the clubs they play in (in our rivals/ in clubs clearly better than us)
Heung-min Son is 32.

So the only candidates left are Kvaratskhelia and Leao? Are these two players available and will they fit us?
A peculiar thread given we don't exactly have a shortage of wingers at the moment. The statuses of Sancho and Greenwood aside, we still have Antony, Amad, Pellistri in addition to Garnacho and Rashford. Therefore the likeliest scenario if Rashford leaves is using Garnacho on either wing (probably left). If Sancho comes back then that gives us more options because he can also play on either wing. If Greenwood comes back then I think its Garnacho left and Greenwood right. In most scenarios it would seem Antony is the odd man out, especially with ETH's job on the ropes at the moment.

sherrinford

Matheus Cunha from Wolves. Left half space operator. Technical and creative, and a powerful runner/ dribbler. Been one of the standout attackers in the league from the games I've managed to catch. Would be expensive but has that little bit of stardust you won't get from signing the likes of Toney.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Many of these threads are overstated imo.

What United need is a style of play.

Say we lose Rashford but identify a new style and play that way we might do better as a team than relying on a player who shows up every few seasons.

Liverpool lost Coutinho once and at the time he was probably the most vital cog in their whole outfit. Then under Klopp they bought very well and the rest is history.

I dont care who we sell as long as we buy well and make a team.

MiceOnMeth

I wonder has any club put in a serious offer. He's nowhere near worth what united would value him at

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As usual we won’t make the big decisions that are definitive in making a difference to the first 11 but tackle the obvious ones.

lex talionis

then we will only have one LW.
the ideal case will be to sell Rashford and replace him with another hungry LW to compete with Garnacho.
Right, but the question is who replaces Rashford. The answer is Garnacho.

If we can’t sell Sancho and ETH goes, Sancho can provide cover for Garnacho.

amolbhatia50k

Right, but the question is who replaces Rashford. The answer is Garnacho.

If we can’t sell Sancho and ETH goes, Sancho can provide cover for Garnacho.
Garnacho should be second choice imo. Ideally he should be cover. But I don’t see us signing two wingers as that would need, this summer.

JeffFromHK

When there is such a significant proportion of fans (who supposedly want the best of this club), as evident in this post, believing that "rashford is fine" "we should give him more chances"
it makes it easier for me to understand why the United management (who have less emotional attachment to this club) keeps making decisions that hurt Man Utd.

Snoopygossip

Not suggesting that my Nan would be a better player than Rashford but I guarantee she'd put in a lot more effort than he does.

superdry

touched by a genius
A cone, you would get similar performance but much cheaper wages.

Ricardo de la Vega

Heung-min Son is 32.

I think Kvaratskhelia is a Man Utd player in spirit. He's got it all. Would also take Leao.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Someone that can effectively dribble, has pace and tenacity, and is looking to create goals as much or more than their desire to score them.

Red_toad

Bring turn back Tony out of retirement, I doubt anyone would notice the difference in performances, but at least he'd make more effort to get about the pitch.

Dve

Why wouldn't we just promote Garnacho to that role who has steadily improved and is one of the club's two big young talents?
Yeah, but we'd need more than 1 LW in the squad.

CtrlAltDeLigt

He’s been producing every season because our system is mostly catered to excel from the left for a long time.

I don’t want him to go, just because it’s only one season, but his style of play is really concerning.

We need a manager to use him the right way, in PL right now against low blocks, someone either needs to coach him right or get another winger with better ball keeping skills and more energy.

Only when the opposition plays high defensive line, he looks like a world beater at times.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He’s going nowhere. He knows he’d never get away with the shite he serves up at another club.
I think his situation is already quite toxic. The moderates have all turned on him. Surely more than 90% want him out. It won't be that enjoyable, so he'll be motivated to find a new club. The big question is whether he'll take a pay cut to leave.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He’s been producing every season because our system is mostly catered to excel from the left for a long time.

I don’t want him to go, just because it’s only one season, but his style of play is really concerning.

We need a manager to use him the right way, in PL right now against low blocks, someone either needs to coach him right or get another winger with better ball keeping skills and more energy.

Only when the opposition plays high defensive line, he looks like a world beater at times.
You started watching football in 2023?

amolbhatia50k

Rashford is 26. He’s not suddenly going to become good in tight spaces and develop a great footballing brain. He’s a fast player with a good shot that thrives in a low block counter attacking set up. The only thing we’ll see is good patches of his counterattacking self intertwined with this rubbish one we’ve got this season. You can’t pay a fortune to a player who doesn’t suit front foot footy. He’d be at home at a typically mid table club.

RedDevil@84

I think his situation is already quite toxic. The moderates have all turned on him. Surely more than 90% want him out. It won't be that enjoyable, so he'll be motivated to find a new club. The big question is whether he'll take a pay cut to leave.
I think you are being too optimistic. He is not going anywhere on his own. The club will need to put him on sale and see what happens. His brother is probably gonna create some noises on social media. But I am sure the media will pounce on this to say we have lost the soul of the club by selling the biggest British face of the club and all that.

Malons

The problem is trying to identify similar type of player. When Keane needed to be replaced, Ferguson didn't look for a similar player to replace him. The idea Rashford's replacement has to have the same attributes might not hold and he might be a completely different type of player, with absolutely no interest in running into blind alleys, nor a care for stepovers.

The starting point that he has to be replaced by a wide-forward with pace, might be flawed

yardieUnited

All the players mentioned will cost alot of money, which is something i hope ineos stay away from.
Rather see smart signings.

Garnacho should be moved to lw and compete with rashford if he stays.
Amad and another winger should battle it out on the right