Who replaces Ten Hag?

Mr Smith

Southgate not being linked with Liverpool tells you all you need to know. It's amazing to see some Lads on here would appear to have no issues with him. Only reason he's at England is he's a Yes man.
Look I'm not a Southgate fan and I dont want him at United but that's extrordinarily reductive. He has limitations but he has a lot of qualities as a manager.

Ghirahim

Look I'm not a Southgate fan and I dont want him at United but that's extrordinarily reductive. He has limitations but he has a lot of qualities as a manager.
I wouldn't trust him with transfers. It would be a risky appointment. Club football is completely different to the international game.

Andy_Cole

Bad summer to land a manager. One it seems not many great prospects. But also Liverpool and Bayern are looking so we’d potentially get the 3rd pick?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Bad summer to land a manager. One it seems not many great prospects. But also Liverpool and Bayern are looking so we’d potentially get the 3rd pick?
I said it before, but I'll happily repeat again: there are several big clubs looking for new managers (don't forget Barca), but they all are in a different situation, will therefore have different requirements and probably won't have exactly the same shortlist. It's absolutely possible that Bayern's third choice would be Liverpools fourth but your first for example. So don't worry too much about missing out.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I said it before, but I'll happily repeat again: there are several big clubs looking for new managers (don't forget Barca), but they all are in a different situation, will therefore have different requirements and probably won't have exactly the same shortlist. It's absolutely possible that Bayern's third choice would be Liverpools fourth but your first for example. So don't worry too much about missing out.
Also by releasing ETH we would place him on the market as well and you can bet he will be close to the top of shortlist for all these jobs like Bayern, Barcelona which would free up some other manager’s availability.

Giggsy13

Also by releasing ETH we would place him on the market as well and you can bet he will be close to the top of shortlist for all these jobs like Bayern, Barcelona which would free up some other manager’s availability.
Bayern or Barca will take him if we let him go. I can also see ten Hag leaving if he doesn’t believe INEOS are fully backing him. If we end the season on a strong note with a trophy and top 4/5, his departure will sting, if it’s Potter or Southgate who are the top options. Ten Hag should be given a chance under the new regime.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Bayern or Barca will take him if we let him go. I can also see ten Hag leaving if he doesn’t believe INEOS are fully backing him. If we end the season on a strong note with a trophy and top 4/5, his departure will sting, if it’s Potter or Southgate who are the top options. Ten Hag should be given a chance under the new regime.
Yeah if we are keeping him we have to give him full authority that he requests. If he wants to be the one handling transfers and coming up with targets then he should be the one with everyone else supporting him in getting the players he wants. Otherwise we will never know how good he could be.

The-Mezzala

Southgate could relegate this club. It happened in the 70s. He would be the worst appointment in the clubs history. Hopefully it never happens

McFred

What’s that lettuce that outlasted Liz Truss doing these days?

RORY65

I'm sure he would have better options, including staying with Germany, but Nagelsmann feels like the obvious option if there's anyway of getting him. There's a very decent chance Ten Hag stays but despite what people think there are several managers worth going after (Southgate is not one of these), Ten Hag was never a guaranteed success and was only ever a reasonable punt that clearly isn't working.

Chairman Steve

Nagelsmann would be interesting. I don’t think INEOS are hiring the likes of Berrada and having grand designs of a new state of the art OT, to only then hire Gareth Southgate as the manager. I think Southgate’s agent is laughing his ass off at all the commotion he’s caused with that press release about United. He just wants Southgate to get an extension with the national team since he’s pretty much out of contract after England exit the Euros.

Red00012

Thomas Frank throwing himself in the mix
Not a very likeable guy, he’s got upset in post match interviews after a few Utd games, , if it stayed at 1-0 it would have been a decent meltdown especially after the home game earlier in the season.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Southgate isn’t an option he will extend with England but I’d take him over ten hag.
Amazingly his style is far better and more predictable than ten Hags

you’d have to be mental if you think he’s getting a top job in Europe after this spell.

he’ll end up at a mid level side (Dortmund my guess)

Cathy Ferguson

Don't even really have top caliber managers to pin hopes.

at this point it's what 3 years minimum we will be relevant again.

im tired boss
Maybe, but a good manager and 3-4 great signings would turn things around. Look at Spurs and Ange.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
A new coach brings an entirely new system which means at least half the squad has to go, right? That's a lot of crap out to bring some class in, the latter which will cost a ton and with FFP restraints.

The immediate act is the club must bring the DoF in and establish an ethos and club philosophy. This is the style we will employ regardless of the manager then find the manager to fit that style the club wants. Isn't this how Barca and Bayern and others run their club?

flameinthesun

A new coach brings an entirely new system which means at least half the squad has to go, right? That's a lot of crap out to bring some class in, the latter which will cost a ton and with FFP restraints.

The immediate act is the club must bring the DoF in and establish an ethos and club philosophy. This is the style we will employ regardless of the manager then find the manager to fit that style the club wants. Isn't this how Barca and Bayern and others run their club?
Half the squad probably has to go anyway whether EtH stays or goes. However, EtH was brought in to implement a modern possession/high pressing style. Martinez, Onana, Malacia, Mount, Antony (despite his lack of ability to take on people) all fit the mould of the type of players to be able to play that way. So if we do get rid of EtH then I hope we get in somebody who also aims to implement a possession/high press tactic and we clear out those who are not capable of playing it.

Woziak

Half the squad probably has to go anyway whether EtH stays or goes. However, EtH was brought in to implement a modern possession/high pressing style. Martinez, Onana, Malacia, Mount, Antony (despite his lack of ability to take on people) all fit the mould of the type of players to be able to play that way. So if we do get rid of EtH then I hope we get in somebody who also aims to implement a possession/high press tactic and we clear out those who are not capable of playing it.
Julian Naigelsman is perfect, not as stubborn more open to change tactically from 4231 to 3421 to 4141, plays front foot aggressive attacking football and his teams score over 2 goals per game.

Judas

Open to offers
At this point, and I can't believe I'm typing this, but I don't think Southgate could do much worse than the sort of shite we saw tonight. And I can't stand Southgate!

Woziak

Bayern and Barca are not taking a coach that comes 6th or 7th with Man United, that’s why Moyes, ETH and Jose never got the gig at these clubs after United and he’s a two time CL winner!

Woziak

The more I think about this, the more I can see Berrada approaching Someone like Xavi, Naigelsman or Amorim, he won’t want an English coach anywhere near the club.

Xavi is going at end of the season, he’s used to the DoF, CEO telling what to do with players but he’s a great coach, if he finishes runner up this season after wining la liga last year and SF/Final of the CL his stock will be ridiculously high plus he’s arrogant enough to leave Barcelona as he has no transfer budget available.

sparx99

Hojlund as well is very hard working and good presser. Had a poor game today though.

Agila Dathi

At this point I’d take Southgate or Potter instead of the dutch Brendan Rodgers, feck it I’d take Moyes or Ole back, and I do remember how bad they were.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Julian Naigelsman is perfect, not as stubborn more open to change tactically from 4231 to 3421 to 4141, plays front foot aggressive attacking football and his teams score over 2 goals per game.
So what happened to him at Bayern?

CM

We can't afford to write off another season by sticking with Ten Hag, the results are bad enough but the football is unwatchable. It's all a bit desperate.

I'd be leaning towards Nagelsmann. He's got some pedigree in the Champions League and he has experience of managing a top side already. Perhaps most importantly we wouldn't have to shell out big money to prise him away from another team.

We should break the bank for Ange. If not then please give me De Zerbi. I just want some passion on the touchline and some positive progressive attacking football on the pitch.