Who replaces Ten Hag?

Jaae

Not ITK
Van Nistelrooy as interim until the seasons end and judge from there.

He knows the Eredivisie players in the squad and knows enough about the EPL and what it takes to be successful in England.

Conor

De Zerbi
Alonso
Gallardo
Cruyff (Jordi, obviously but I think digging up Johan and putting him on strings is a better option than ten Hag as well)
McKenna
Rose
Nagelsmann
I have a UEFA C license so I reckoned I could give it a good go as well.

Basically anyone who actually fecking coaches.
These takes are just so incredibly stupid, do you really think Ten Hag isn't coaching? Did all of his other teams just fall into place? It's crazy how we just keep hiring coaches that magically don't know how to coach, after giving the impression that they do, for decades previous in some cases.

KeanoMagicHat

Why would agne or eddie howe leave a much better job to coach this mess.
Yeah, why would Ange leave a new job after 10 games when top of the league plus Levy would ask for about 30 million compensation. And Saudis can pay Howe more than we’d offer.

galwayfa

But what team would you pick, players arent the players to play in any way that would challenge a league, we dont have enough players to play a certain way that we could challenge, none of our big money buys have worked out

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I wouldn't write off Zidane's chances. Man Utd, PL, big salary, promises about full control over squad....

the_cliff

Why would agne or eddie howe leave a much better job to coach this mess.
It's a mess right now of course it is but we're still Manchester United.
That's like asking why Casemiro and Pogba left teams that competed in the UCL final to come and play in the Europa League, Tottenham would struggle to get them if they were competing for the title....

If Ange or Eddie Howe make us successful again the name they'd make would better anything they can do at their current clubs, also don't act like they wouldn't get money to spend to mould the squad to their liking. Ange is also dealing with Levy who imo is just as bad as the people that run our club.

MrBest

I'd go Potter. He worn change much cause these players think they are better than everyone. De zerbi is my favourite choice but I reckon he's waiting for a real big club. Other shout would be emery but villa are better than us right now or a punt on mckena or Carrick. Basically anyone that comes in will get sacked in 18 months anyway so it really does not matter. Even my mum could do the job.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Casemiro, Anthony and Mount are all his signings. That's 200 million blown, so please tell me how he isn't somewhat responsible.
Of course he is responsible. I’m not here arguing he is perfect, or to absolve him of any blame but the clubs problems are bigger than the manager, we can’t trust the football hierarchy to get his replacement right and who is even available that will make a big enough difference?
Also Mount and Antony I’ll give you, but Casemiros reputation on the Caf is a bigger boom-bust cycle than RAWKs ‘it’s our year’ graph. Namely, he’s only signed for the money and Real only sold because he is washed up, then he’s fecking class, one man carrying the entire team, and now he old and shite and past it again. Remember form is temporary, class is permanent and Cas is fecking class.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
These takes are just so incredibly stupid, do you really think Ten Hag isn't coaching? Did all of his other teams just fall into place? It's crazy how we just keep hiring coaches that magically don't know how to coach, after giving the impression that they do, for decades previous in some cases.
Let me put it another way then, a coach that has conviction in their principles and game models, someone who implements and has experience in coaching a progressive system into a group that has the talent to do so, but may not have played that way previously.

Not another pragmatist who will say whatever he needs too about the state of the current squad and how they can work to "their strengths" in order to secure a job and flash Manchester United on their CV.

Lentwood

De Zerbi. Doing it now is ideal because he essentially then gets a free pass to coach his ideas into the team before next August, because this season is effectively over.

It won't happen though, no decisions will be made until Ratcliffe comes in

edgecutter

Of course he is responsible. I’m not here arguing he is perfect, or to absolve him of any blame but the clubs problems are bigger than the manager, we can’t trust the football hierarchy to get his replacement right and who is even available that will make a big enough difference?
Also Mount and Antony I’ll give you, but Casemiros reputation on the Caf is a bigger boom-bust cycle than RAWKs ‘it’s our year’ graph. Namely, he’s only signed for the money and Real only sold because he is washed up, then he’s fecking class, one man carrying the entire team, and now he old and shite and past it again. Remember form is temporary, class is permanent and Cas is fecking class.
I agree that the club will feck up regardless of who they bring in, but ETH made a lot of the problems that we are seeing. The money he has wasted should be the nail in the coffin, but I have a funny feeling they will keep him around till Christmas, by that stage we will be out of every competition bar the FA Cup and that's only because it won't start till Jan. I can't see how he fixes this.

AshRK

It's a mess right now of course it is but we're still Manchester United.
That's like asking why Casemiro and Pogba left teams that competed in the UCL final to come and play in the Europa League, Tottenham would struggle to get them if they were competing for the title....

If Ange or Eddie Howe make us successful again the name they'd make would better anything they can do at their current clubs, also don't act like they wouldn't get money to spend to mould the squad to their liking. Ange is also dealing with Levy who imo is just as bad as the people that run our club.
We signed a Casemiro who was past his prime. Let us not pretend we signed camavinga or Bellingham from madrid. Pogba joined us in 2016 when there was hope. Now it is not the same. There is a reason why the haalands, bellingham rejected us and chose a project that will help them shine.

What makes you think a promising coach who is at better job than us will leave that to come join us. Let us not forget eth also came with decent reputation and seeing how his stint has gone, i doubt it will be that easy to just poach any manager.

Plant0x84

I agree that the club will feck up regardless of who they bring in, but ETH made a lot of the problems that we are seeing. The money he has wasted should be the nail in the coffin, but I have a funny feeling they will keep him around till Christmas, by that stage we will be out of every competition bar the FA Cup and that's only because it won't start till Jan. I can't see how he fixes this.
Maybe he doesn’t this season, but you can be damn sure he is learning about his players. Sometimes you have to go backwards to move forwards. If he gets there then his 3rd season should be much stronger for this experience.,

AshRK

Maybe he doesn’t this season, but you can be damn sure he is learning about his players. Sometimes you have to go backwards to move forwards. If he gets there then his 3rd season should be much stronger for this experience.,
Fans don't have that kind of patience. Look at the media all wanting him gone. He can't survive a write off season.

Plant0x84

Fans don't have that kind of patience. Look at the media all wanting him gone. He can't survive a write off season.
You are probably correct. Everybody wants instant gratification and the media know the only thing that guarantees clicks more than Utd winning is Utd losing. Doesn’t make it the right decision for long term success however.

The Irish Connection

De Zerbi. Doing it now is ideal because he essentially then gets a free pass to coach his ideas into the team before next August, because this season is effectively over.

It won't happen though, no decisions will be made until Ratcliffe comes in
I’m leaning towards this too.
If we can get Ratcliffe in place by January, get De Zerbi in who has similar principles as Ten Hag and we at least have a few more footballers in the squad now I.e. Onana, Martinez, Eriksen, Amrabat.
Then go all out next summer, with a proper DoF and recruitment team in place.

the_cliff

We signed a Casemiro who was past his prime. Let us not pretend we signed camavinga or Bellingham from madrid. Pogba joined us in 2016 when there was hope. Now it is not the same. There is a reason why the haalands, bellingham rejected us and chose a project that will help them shine.

What makes you think a promising coach who is at better job than us will leave that to come join us. Let us not forget eth also came with decent reputation and seeing how his stint has gone, i doubt it will be that easy to just poach any manager.
So let's say for example we finish 6th and Spurs/Newcastle finish 3rd and 4th respectively. Do you think more players would want to join those 2 clubs than Manchester United ? Personally, I don't think so and It's the same for managers. Maybe you're of a different opinion.

RyRy11

Christ alive, you guys are down bad if you are seriously suggesting Potter

lsd

The Oracle

I give up people think we should just celebrate failure and persist with what isn't working and never will

Strelok

That's also another reason why I'd want us to back ETH.

Of course ETH hasn't been perfect here. Some of his signings leave a lot to desire. But tbf this season he's been really unlucky with all the ridiculous injuries we have. Imo it's not fair to put all the blame on him and sack him atm.

Other managers are not stupid. Any competent and worthy ones would have to think twice before agreeing to come here. You'll get sacked at the first bad run even if it's not totally your fault. No good manager would like that because we all know injuries and bad runs are inevitable in football.

Tbh I don't like to think our players downing tools. Maybe some of them but not all. But if so imo sacking ETH will make other top managers to never come here. No top manager would come if they think the players might be bigger than them or the club here.

AshRK

So let's say for example we finish 6th and Spurs/Newcastle finish 3rd and 4th respectively. Do you think more players would want to join those 2 clubs than Manchester United ? Personally, I don't think so and It's the same for managers. Maybe you're of a different opinion.
Existing players at their club will probably ask for insane wages to join us. As for the manager, I still believe it's not that easy as you make it sound. Agne has no reason to join us, when he will be looking to make spurs play in CL. Same with Eddie howe, who has a better chance to win bigger prize with Newcastle than us.

De zerbi and emery, I give you. They will be fine leave brighton or villa respectively to join us.

acnumber9

I’d be tempted to see if Ancelotti would give it a couple of years when he leaves Real at the end of the season.

acnumber9

But what team would you pick, players arent the players to play in any way that would challenge a league, we dont have enough players to play a certain way that we could challenge, none of our big money buys have worked out
Playing two central midfield players would be a start.

M15 Red.

Not really, how do you think one of those managers would handle £400m? Would they also buy Antony and Mount? Or would they buy good players?
Apart from Antony I think ETHs signings have been alright. Casimero & Martinez I like. Hojlund, Mount and Onana we need longer to judge. Eriksen & Evans were both free and not bad business.

Antony taking up about 20% of the entire outlay does looks wasted. And being unable to move players on has clearly split the dressing room but we can't sack him yet.

Worst post of the thread. Congratulations!

AshTheBash

Neil Warnock

Seriously though.. bring back Ole as caretaker until the end of the season and get some positivity back. Honestly. He was building a monster.

Anyone but this Bald Fraude Ten Hag who spunked £400M up the wall. Signing a player who has no right foot who's championship or league 1 level winger.. that's sackable alone never mind the terrible football, in-game management, man-management and results.

Ten Hag like a lot of Dutch managers who come to the PL, he's out of his depth and looks like a rabbit in the headlights.. does he ever get off his arse from sitting in the dugout he must have splinters? I want a manager like Eddie Howe who stalks the touchline Bielsa style shouting at his players showing some passion not the robotic nature of Ten Hag..

I don't think Graham Potter would be terrible. Brexit F.C.

Last edited:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I wouldn't write off Zidane's chances. Man Utd, PL, big salary, promises about full control over squad....
There's no chance. It's been reported before that Zidane has no interest in managing in the PL and only seems interested in the France job.

Lee565

Ask yourself which manager out there is good with recruitment/squad building, that is the main priority with the two idiots we have above eth that are supposed to be delivering on this front

the_cliff

Existing players at their club will probably ask for insane wages to join us. As for the manager, I still believe it's not that easy as you make it sound. Agne has no reason to join us, when he will be looking to make spurs play in CL. Same with Eddie howe, who has a better chance to win bigger prize with Newcastle than us.

De zerbi and emery, I give you. They will be fine leave brighton or villa respectively to join us.
This is confusing to me, since we've won more trophies post Fergie than Spurs and Newcastle have over the last 50 years put together. We also beat the same team Howe manages with the same manager that's about to get sacked in a cup final just last season.

But yeah they definitely have more chances at trophies at those 2 clubs...

lsd

The Oracle
Who would be interested in having Mourinho back?

No matter what people think of him he is a far better manager than Ten Hag and has been proven currency on a number of things he has said about United.

AshRK

This is confusing to me, since we've won more trophies post Fergie than Spurs and Newcastle have over the last 50 years put together. We also beat the same team Howe manages with the same manager that's about to get sacked in a cup final just last season.

But yeah they definitely have more chances at trophies at those 2 clubs...
Ok tell me, right now which club is on upward trajectory, us or Newcastle? It doesn't matter what happened pre- saudi Newcastle. This is a different Newcastle. Or you are denying that as well.