Who replaces Ten Hag?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
A simple question for those of you who have turned or are turning on Erik.

Who replaces him?

Who is out there and available/willing to come here who is better than ETH or can make a real difference that Erik cannot?

Who can polish this shitshow of a club into a well oiled winning machine.
Enlighten me please, I’m struggling to name anyone. And no @Amadaeus its not Poch. :rolleyes:

Devil81

Nobody could turn this group of players into anything other than a decent side. The money wasted has set us back a good few years I'm afraid.

Based on that I think we need to stick until the end of the season but have a clear plan in mind if we are going to replace in the summer. We don't want another Ragnick style situation, I'd rather stick by ETH until the summer.

Hughie77

There is noone else.. what more can the guy do.. imo should have bought a top striker .. proven one , Hojlund is a kid and maybe pretty good.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
No one will do well with United until the club itself changes, it's pure delusion to think anyone can make this club great from this point and onwards by themselves, whether player, manager or director.
Club is rotten to the core and needs a giant load of pesticide before any building can be done.
You guys should just give up, you are customers and not supporters in their eyes.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
No one. Anything thinking that after so many rounds of transfers and managers and the net result is the same is all down to the manager needs to check themselves. I don't disagree Erik has made some baffling tactical and sub decisions lately but I'm under no illusion anyone out there will fix this unless the top of the club changes and the commitment to invest in facilities etc come to fruition.

SirMonteyne

Hansi Flick is available. I really liked his football, even at the World Cup.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I am honestly at a loss. I am no expert but I cannot even come up with a half-decent suggestion because do we truly think things would be different?

At this point, everyone above him needs to go and then we replace the manager if no improvement

spiriticon

I didn't want him before, but I now think Ancelotti is the manager we need until the Glazers are gone. Someone who can work with a shitty hand and make the best of it.

Whether we can convince him to come is another question. Probably not.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I will take anyone who, even if 20 years too late, gets us to pass and move off the ball and open up space.

This ‘big switch from left to right to alternate which winger gets to have a go at his full back’ or just general freestyle football will take us nowhere. As proven by it taking us nowhere.

Someone who can instill some synergy to our play, score more team goals that involve a few players, and engineer situations where the scorer doesn’t actually need to be a world class finisher to score a goal (tap ins, more about the work that went before to get the player in that position in the first place).

One thing I am confident of, it doesn’t require billions of pounds spent. It might require that to do it to a level where we win all the trophies. But there are many non-trophy winning teams with less resources than us that manage to play better football than us. The beauty of United should be that we have more resources than these clubs so that we can do what they do to a higher level. However, our excess funds are only being used to attain parity with some of these better organised teams. It is our individuals that are bridging the gap in organisation, rather than separating us.

No point in throwing out names, it could be one of many coaches. This league has shown us many times in recent years that good coaching and organisation is not limited to Pep Guardiola - he is just fortunate to be in a place where elite coaching meets large resources. With us, we have mediocre coaching with large resources, which in a good year lands us a top 4 slot.

Castia

There is noone else.. what more can the guy do.. imo should have bought a top striker .. proven one , Hojlund is a kid and maybe pretty good.
Fecked up letting Ragnick go and then proceeding to spend 400m on absolute shite. He’s got nowhere to hide for that I’m afraid. No other manager in the world was blowing 90m on Antony.

Cathy Ferguson

A simple question for those of you who have turned or are turning on Erik.

Who replaces him?

Who is out there and available/willing to come here who is better than ETH or can make a real difference that Erik cannot?

Who can polish this shitshow of a club into a well oiled winning machine.
Enlighten me please, I’m struggling to name anyone. And no @Amadaeus its not Poch. :rolleyes:
De Zerbi together with some key people at Brighton, coaches, scouts, DOF, etc. Will not happen though and would still take years.

Unbelievable that we let Ole set us back and now ETH has spent 400m randomly. What a joke of a club. Clueless on all levels.

Orange Tree

I'd have said Ange had he not gone to Spurs.

Right now, the hottest up and coming are Xabi Alonso, De Zerbi, and Ruben Armorim.

Roboc7

If we sacked him mid season it would be another interim. I think it’s unlikely he will be our manger next season, who replaces him is irrelevant unless there are new owners, CEO and DOF.

Cloud7

This will save ETH for a while I think, regardless of how the results go. There is no realistic candidate out here that you can point to and say with any confidence “I am positive this person will do a better job than ETH.”

It’s a stark contrast to when Ole was sacked when there was ETH himself, Poch, Pre Spurs Conte etc. Don’t think there’s anyone around that seems promising right now.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s not about replacing Ten Hag as coach, it’s about minimising his impact on transfers. An actual DoF & EtH being told just to get on coaching is the only way we turn this round. Sacking him & giving another manager half a billion to spunk over the dressing room isn’t the answer.

The ineptitude of the Glazers never ceases to amaze me, I wouldn’t be surprised if one day we find out the City lot have been paying them to hang around & run us into the ground because they’ve learnt nothing.

Jev

Nobody could turn this group of players into anything other than a decent side. The money wasted has set us back a good few years I'm afraid.
Well, that is the biggest problem with ETH. He has set us back years with his transfer decisions these past two summer windows. It's actually impressive that you can spend so much money and improve the quality of the squad so little.

I don't know that there is a manager who will get much more out of the squad than ETH but I know that there are a bunch who would get much more out of the transfer budget.

bleedred

bielsa as interim to salvage something of this season and figure out the plan for next season with a competent DOF

Valencia Shin Crosses

It’s not about replacing Ten Hag as coach, it’s about minimising his impact on transfers. An actual DoF & EtH being told just to get on coaching is the only way we turn this round. Sacking him & giving another manager half a billion to spunk over the dressing room isn’t the answer.

The ineptitude of the Glazers never ceases to amaze me, I wouldn’t be surprised if one day we find out the City lot have been paying them to hang around & run us into the ground because they’ve learnt nothing.
Probably agree with this the most. Have Ten Hag explain how he wants to play and then have a full dedicated team that brings the players in for that to happen. Handing him full control of transfers was idiotic

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

So Ten Hag is nailing the coaching part, just failing with his transfer activity?

mu4c_20le

This will save ETH for a while I think, regardless of how the results go. There is no realistic candidate out here that you can point to and say with any confidence “I am positive this person will do a better job than ETH.”

It’s a stark contrast to when Ole was sacked when there was ETH himself, Poch, Pre Spurs Conte etc. Don’t think there’s anyone around that seems promising right now.
Which is why it will only happen if things get bad enough that he loses the dressing room, because only then would it be worth it to risk handing it to another caretaker until the end of the season.

Hopefully things improve, or it'll be like death by a thousand cuts.

Zoo

The club is rotten. Nobody can do this job as it stands.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nobody he’s the best man for the job he’s just in absolutely appalling circumstances.

siw2007

No one. Between ETH and the available managers out there, ETH is the best choice regardless of mistakes he may have made in recent times. There maybe a few names that are doing quite well for themselves recently but I don’t believe that they would do any better than ETH would do.

The recruitment still remains a sore issue for the club and will continue to be an issue regardless of who the manager is until the club show an appetite to put the right structures in place. I don’t see this happening in the immediate.

C'est Moi Cantona

We have taken one of the hottest properties in management and made him look bang average in just over a year, like we seem to with virtually every player we buy, no other top club seems to have this issue on anyhting like the scale we do.

Ten Hag is clearly not the problem here.

Roboc7

Well, that is the biggest problem with ETH. He has set us back years with his transfer decisions these past two summer windows. It's actually impressive that you can spend so much money and improve the quality of the squad so little.

I don't know that there is a manager who will get much more out of the squad than ETH but I know that there are a bunch who would get much more out of the transfer budget.
Him and Ole between them spent about 800m, it’s absolutely crazy what we’ve ended up with for that. Our recruitment is a disaster and I doubt a new manager will change it, we need huge overhaul of recruitment and leadership.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
De Zerbi. No, wait he's been found out. Who's the next hipster manager who has had a decent season at a smaller club under better upper management than ours?

Let's get Zidane in! Or that other one that is having his honeymoon period at Spurs. That never ends - just ask Poch.

Last edited:

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
You should go for pure chaos and appoint Bielsa.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Spurs just sold Kane yet still play far better football than us.

Yorke to Cole

No one. It is down to the board and more importantly the owners. Next 2-3 weeks crucial, on and off the pitch.

RuudTom83

It’s all about CL qualification for the owners.

Finishing top of the league has never been the aim/goal.

EtH will finish in the Top 5 this year no problem.

A new manager ain’t changing shit!

crossy1686

career ending
Di Zerbi. No, wait he's been found out. Who's the next hipster manager who has had a decent season at a smaller club under better upper management than ours?

Let's get Zidane in! Or that other one that is having his honeymoon period at Spurs. That never ends - just ask Poch.
Yeah why would we ever appoint a manager that’s doing more with worse players within our own league?