Who replaces Ten Hag?

Zoo

I think Potter will be chosen by Jim. And I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by the outcome.
Potter had a glow up but crumbled at Chelsea. The scrutiny would be even greater at United

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Need to learn from the Rangnick debacle and bring in someone with personality who can get a reaction from the players, even if it's only till the end of the season. Probably has to be Conte.
I suppose in some ways Conte would be a clear change of tack. The club arguably keeps trying to find long-term, Fergie-style managers who can completely transform the club from top to bottom. With Conte you're essentially throwing the long-term plan out the window in the hope of some short-term success. Maybe not the worst idea. Didn't end well at Chelsea...but still delivered a title.

Devil81

Please no Conte, I'm all for giving De Zerbi the opportunity to show what he can do.

He's exciting and fresh and proven now in this league. I also think he's proven himself with lesser players.

Just get ETH out of the door now!

ManRed

Doesn't matter anymore. Get Guardiola or Klopp and see them fail at the club. The core is rotten and plastering the cracks just won't do it.

hobbers

I'd even take a punt on Potter at this point

Feck it. Simeone, Conte, Potter, De Zerbie, Flick, Zidane.... any of them. Whoever wants it. I expect most wont.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
What manager would even take the job at this toxic, incompetently run club? The only thing in it for them is a big payoff when they get sacked for inevitably failing like every other manager for a decade.

Andersonson

Give Carrick a two year deal and resstructre the entire football department with a Director that knows what he's doing. And then let him choose the manager when the right one is available

luke511

A depressingly realistic scenario is Carrick does surprisingly well, gets the club competing for CL football, gets the job full-time on a kneejerk basis, then flops afterwards as the long-term realities of managing the team start to set in, basically like what happened with Ole.
I think Carrick has more about him than Solskjaer for that to happen, but if it does we go again. I feel like his ability as a player gives him a qualification not many other managers have, how to control a game in midfield. The right DOF is just as important at this point, Carrick will do as long as we replace Murtough properly.

Lukinho

Doesn't matter anymore. Get Guardiola or Klopp and see them fail at the club. The core is rotten and plastering the cracks just won't do it.
Exactly this. People dont understand that any manager would fail at this club because its rotten from top to bottom

slored1

What manager would even take the job at this toxic, incompetently run club? The only thing in it for them is a big payoff when they get sacked for inevitably failing like every other manager for a decade.
Exactly. This club is a mess and anyone who has a sense of pride in themselves should stay far away from it until the structure changes.

lsd

The Oracle
Simeone
Conte
de Zerbi
Frank
Potter
McKenna

I would take any of those right now.

There's no excuse for Ten Hag producing crap football from this team week in week out

lsd

The Oracle

Hate this excuse as it's just the same rubbish people come out with trying to support Ten Hag.

Give him time, it's the boards fault. It's nonsense. Every other club can bring in managers who somehow manage to get their players on board and playing.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
It doesn't actually matter as long as the rest of the club has no direction. There's no plan in place and any manager coming here will end up in the same spot a year or two from now.

Delano

I honestly couldn't care less tbh. This season is a right off regardless.

lsd

The Oracle
It doesn't actually matter as long as the rest of the club has no direction. There's no plan in place and any manager coming here will end up in the same spot a year or two from now.
Nonsense what you mean is why bad manager will end up in this position.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
This is just BS, players are replaced, some of them have high potential, but players can't perform without a manager who don't shit his pants and has a clear vision how to play.

Sure appointing manager is not always easy. But it's the manager which brings the game and good times back again. Look at Ange, jsut a good manager selection and they are flying. WOn't win the title but lost their best player and still can do stuff with average replacements.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Gallardo. Out of contact. We can delude ourselves that he is the one.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
So Gallardo would be available and ready to come in straight away by the looks of it.

Von Mistelroum

Doesn't matter. Get anyone in. It'll be exactly the same, but at least EtH can get his career back on track.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
This is just BS, players are replaced, some of them have high potential, but players can't perform without a manager who don't shit his pants and has a clear vision how to play.

Sure appointing manager is not always easy. But it's the manager which brings the game and good times back again. Look at Ange, jsut a good manager selection and they are flying. WOn't win the title but lost their best player and still can do stuff with average replacements.
Ange is in his first season at the club when players actually put in the most effort. Evidenced by ETH finishing 3rd, getting to the FA Cup Final and also and winning the League Cup.

Now look at the shit show.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Simeone
Conte

I would take any of those right now.

There's no excuse for Ten Hag producing crap football from this team week in week out
:lol: :lol: :lol:

led_scholes

Zidane is the only logical appointment. He has won trophies, he knows some of the players and has an aura.

Roboc7

Bring in an interim, don’t give a shit who. Appoint new CEO and DOF, which will surely happen if SJR bid goes through.

Start offloading players in January and let new CEO and DOF start putting plan into action and sort out the new manager.

Hughie77

It's probably who would want it if asked? Would a Manager want to come here? Whoever comes has to put up with the Egos at Utd .. ETH had clear plan on how to play last season a striker was missing that's it.. he's changed to much at once and he's going to pay the price..

Santana

Only real candidates should be Michael Carrick or Xabi Alonso. Both those guys are showing that they are destined for greatness as managers.

Arsenal and Spurs took a chance on two unproven managers and are reaping the rewards. We won't go wrong with either of those 2

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Hate this excuse as it's just the same rubbish people come out with trying to support Ten Hag.

Give him time, it's the boards fault. It's nonsense. Every other club can bring in managers who somehow manage to get their players on board and playing.
All of the other clubs performing well have an actual structure to the footballing side of the club. They recruit players in a coherent manner to ensure that the squad can play a defined style of football. Allowing Ten Hag to dictate most of the recruitment, as an alternative to Woodward dictating it, has just led to a random assortment of players with no sense of identity or style. City, Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern, Brighton etc. all have a footballing structure focused around playing a certain type of football and recruit players to fit the system. No rational club would've spent £100m on Antony or even £55m on Mason Mount for a role he can't play.

Because of the incompetence (selection, overspending, inability to get any value when selling) in the transfer market (Antony, Sancho, Maguire, Mount, Donny, etc), United can't effectively restructure without violating FFP.

HotOne

Can’t ever remember him being a good manager though. What was he like at Sunderland/Ipswich? Theirs a reason people like him and Neville are in punditry. They’re good at talking and criticising but can’t manage themselves.
He wasn't actually that bad at Sunderland but yes, not exactly shown he's a top class manager. Would just be good to see someone who doesn't take any crap in the mangers job.

Laurencio

We need charisma, presence and strength. Pay whatever you need to pay in order to get Ancelotti. He will work with a DOF, keep players happy and stabilise us during a rebuild.

Maybe De Zerbi has what it takes, but I think it's too early and too big for him.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Nonsense what you mean is why bad manager will end up in this position.
No I just don't see how anyone can really succeed without us having a proper structure in place where stuff like recruitment is concerned.

BorisManUtd

Wouldn't be surprised if Ole comes in as interim once again. Or Blanc who was a candidate for that job back when Mourinho was sacked 5 years ago.