Who replaces Ten Hag?

Ace of Spades

Anyone available.

If we can play even the most basic football, that would be an improvement.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
To me it was Ole that played the best football and gave us that feeling of 10 years ago. That feel good about the team and the hope he gave us. I want that back and I'd take Ole back as interim now until the end of this season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
To me it was Ole that played the best football and gave us that feeling of 10 years ago. That feel good about the team and the hope he gave us. I want that back and I'd take Ole back as interim now until the end of this season.
I hated our time under Ole and think he set us back years.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He will do well for like 10 games and the board will give him the permanent job after watching Rio and other ex-utd players wanking over him.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Not really sure. As good as Carlo is he needs the recruitment to be in full swing. We're looking at a reset to zero, he'd be wasting his time here.

Hard to say what SJR and co are looking at, there's so much work to be done in swapping out the rubbish we kept on adding with ETH's limited scope of the market.
I also think Ancelotti would be better if he were to manage a team like Liverpool or Manchester City that doesn't require a full rebuild although he should still be better than your current manager.

C'est Moi Cantona

Mid table.
Maybe, but we'd probably have won 2-3 trophies, had a few top 4 finishes, have spent alot less, and have a functioning squad right now.

I'm not saying I wanted it, I hated having Moyes as our manager, but it's unlikely to have been worse overall if we'd stuck with him.

This is one reason I'm not too fussed about Ten Hag going, we've trashed too many managers and players in the last 10 years for me to be fooled into thinking that sacking Ten Hag will solve anything.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Maybe, but we'd probably have won 2-3 trophies, had a few top 4 finishes, have spent alot less, and have a functioning squad right now.

I'm not saying I wanted it, I hated having Moyes as our manager, but it's unlikely to have been worse overall if we'd stuck with him.

This is one reason I'm not too fussed about Ten Hag going, we've trashed too many managers and players in the last 10 years for me to be fooled into thinking that sacking Ten Hag will solve anything.
Think it's a fallacy of a section of the fan base. They always want change when it gets tough.

Theres a section that pointed to conte when he was smashing it, to Rogers when he was smashing it, and now to Ange. It's just how they are. It won't change.

C'est Moi Cantona

Think it's a fallacy of a section of the fan base. They always want change when it gets tough.

Theres a section that pointed to conte when he was smashing it, to Rogers when he was smashing it, and now to Ange. It's just how they are. It won't change.
True, if we are truly about to get a real footballing people at the club then why not just stick with Ten Hag and give him some proper help and support, if things are still crap then get rid of him then, at least we'll have given him a proper chance, and if it doesn't work out will have had time to do some homework on who we get next.

As you say it seems anyone will do right now, just as long as it isn't Ten Hag, and we know where that will get us.

glasgow 21

In one sentence exactly what wrong with the fan base at this club. You will want De Gea and Ronnie back too for a right ole time.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
That’s only because Erik massively over achieved last season from where we were the season before. (Our ‘worst ever season’) If you take that out as an anomaly then of course we weren’t going to challenge this season from a lack lustre lucky 6th finish. That was never a reasonable expectation. Especially when goal scoring was our glaring problem last season and it wasn’t addressed.
You also have to take the injury situation into account, so to be a few points off City and a few more off the top is a decent position to be in considering the performances we’ve put in. Hopefully when we get players back they’ll hit some form and we’ll be in with a shout for a top 4 finish.
I'm just not buying that at all. We've scored 2 more goals than bloody Luton at this stage. Half as many as other teams above us. Our defence is suddenly trash, we spent masses of money on a striker and he can't score... and that's just the tip of the iceberg of issues. There's been zero progress in our actual game, I could forgive goals of we actually looked like we had a plan.

We're only anywhere near the top 4 because the form of others has been way below their average. It's actually just pure luck to be anywhere near after what we've served up. Throw the CL debacle into the mix and is about as bad as it can get with such an expensive squad they actually does contain quality (no matter what anyone says).

Absolutely nobody was talking about shipping out half the team in the summer. Expectations for this season were for something much better than this and to say differently is just plain wrong.

This season I'd have took the season arsenal had last season, which nobody gave them a prayer of doing. I'd have took the season Villa are having, even Spurs and Newcastle who actually look like they have a good gameplan which is mostly affected by injuries. Yes we've had injuries but you can't say we were better when we had those players. Probably worse, in fact. Everyone said we'd be better when Shaw was back and we've just put in two horrible performers performances in the last week alone and he's made little difference at all really, as many predicted.

LInkash

I'd take Ole as interim until Sir Jim comes, gimme those vibes. Ole's at the wheel gives me so much joy.

Red00012

Neil Warnock

Seriously though.. bring back Ole as caretaker until the end of the season and get some positivity back. Honestly. He was building a monster.

Anyone but this Bald Fraude Ten Hag who spunked £400M up the wall. Signing a player who has no right foot who's championship or league 1 level winger.. that's sackable alone never mind the terrible football, in-game management, man-management and results.

Ten Hag like a lot of Dutch managers who come to the PL, he's out of his depth and looks like a rabbit in the headlights.. does he ever get off his arse from sitting in the dugout he must have splinters? I want a manager like Eddie Howe who stalks the touchline Bielsa style shouting at his players showing some passion not the robotic nature of Ten Hag..

I don't think Graham Potter would be terrible. Brexit F.C.
Threadmark :lol:

Foolsgold21

Anyone who will play with more than 1 midfielder please

This 4-1-5 formation needs to go

Telsim

If it is true Ratcliffe is coming in soon and if it is true he will have a form of control, and those are pretty big ifs mind you, then I sincerely hope he has already lined up a replacement.

kaku06

I swear to God we have been horrible with our timing of managers. Missed out on so many good managers because of the timing of the sackings. No obvious candidate available again.

kaku06

But if we do sack ten hag then the candidates available are
Zidane
Hansi flick
Antonio conte

Anyone big enough to handle this chaos?

Scholsey2004

Lets try Zidane. We tried (allegedly) technically competent and that didnt work any better than Solskjaer's pashun. Lets try the insiring figurehead route. When that fails we can go the narco-syndicalist route and all have a go for a week.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Alonso or McKenna for me.
No! You can’t just say this because he’s doing a decent job in league 1 and because he was associated with the club previously. He and Carrick were getting pelters before they left and they both along with Ole should come nowhere near the club, at least until the sporting structure is sorted out.

Alonso is an ex-Liverpool knob head and can do one.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
No! You can’t just say this because he’s doing a decent job in league 1 and because he was associated with the club previously. He and Carrick were getting pelters before they left and they both along with Ole should come nowhere near the club, at least until the sporting structure is sorted out.

McKenna has Ipswich second in the Championship, to be fair.

Still agree that neither him or Carrick are the right option.

RVN1991

The bloke from Nice seems to be doing a decent job, surely he couldn't be worse?

Remember the geese

No! You can’t just say this because he’s doing a decent job in league 1
He's actually doing a pretty miraculous job in the Championship.
He and Carrick were getting pelters before they left
That's on the idiots. Not me. McKenna was always a terrific coach.
He's doing a terrific job, but if you want to turn your nose up to him that's on you. I'd much rather he did a terrific job for us.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
He's doing a terrific job, but if you want to turn your nose up to him that's on you. I'd much rather he did a terrific job for us.
But he wouldn’t because our sporting structure is terrible and incompetent. The limiting factor here is the lack of know how and expertise in a sporting sense supporting the manager. I genuinely don’t think even peak SAF could lift us out of our malaise right now. We need putting in a bag and shaking up!

AdNani

Got to be Hansi Flick if we sack ETH, his football at Bayern was unbelievable

Remember the geese

But he wouldn’t because our sporting structure is terrible and incompetent. The limiting factor here is the lack of know how and expertise in a sporting sense supporting the manager. I genuinely don’t think even peak SAF could lift us out of our malaise right now. We need putting in a bag and shaking up!
The Sporting structure excuse is genuine and I'd like to see ten Hag under a proper sporting structure. However, there are signs that he just isn't the right man even from a coaching perspective. Look at the rubbish he picks on a weekly basis and how he struggles to produce a coherent playstyle or a team who cannot control a game. We shall see how he does when he is purely a "coach", but options will be considered.

Lee565

I would like us to recruit a high quality Spanish manager, they always seem to be able to coach sides to be technically gifted and we have seen for as long as I can remember united being outplayed by the la liga sides.

RORY65

I would like us to recruit a high quality Spanish manager, they always seem to be able to coach sides to be technically gifted and we have seen for as long as I can remember united being outplayed by the la liga sides.
Xabi Alonso looks like the one to get right now but he obviously wouldn't come here while competing for the Bundesliga and that ignores his history with Liverpool and the likelihood he will get the Madrid job in the summer.

It's not a great time to be looking for a manager, none seem that appealing, but I think if he wanted it then De Zerbi would be a very likely option for INEOS to choose given his protege (Francesco Farioli) is the one currently excelling with Nice.