Who replaces Ten Hag?

EI Beatle

the night we get dumped out of European Football Kieran McKenna takes Ipswich top of the Championship

el3mel

Has to be emery surely.

Question is, is he attainable??
Emery is a great coach but he's better at underdog teams. He flopped in his 2 big jobs (PSG and Arsenal) while doing exceptionally well in all his other jobs. I don't think he will be suited for us. He fits another profile of clubs.

Skills

Snitch
The future direction of the club is vital to answering this question. We've got a squad that, effectively, is built to play pragmatic, counter attacking football. Is that the future? If so, go get someone like Conte and just lean into it.

If that isn't the future, if the club wants to continue to move towards something like being a pressing team, then I guess we just find someone better than Ten Hag to coach that. However, then the powers that be will have to accept a lot of players need selling still. We can't just arbitrarily decide there can only be three major incomings and outgoings every summer, as is rumoured.

Its a huge decision and has to be taken after a lot of consideration. What cannot happen is what happened after Van Gaal. Where we just went for the opposite of him, with Jose. Then when Jose got burned decided we wanted the opposite of him. There has to be some kind of long term thinking.
The way to actually do it is, just hire the best manager to get the most out of the squad you've got. Then go and sign players for the type of football you want to play, and just sack the manager and get a different one to fit the composition of your evolving squad. You may need a new manager every season or 18 months, to fit the squad you have at any given time.

Managers are cheap and disposable. Players are expensive, tied down to long term contracts and have FFP related implications with their transfers. So you chop and change the one most dispensable part of the operation and that is your head coach.

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Sancho. His football judgement is probably better considering he was the first to jump off the ship.

WUM but honestly it cant get worse

frostbite

Sancho. His football judgement is probably better considering he was the first to jump off the ship.

WUM but honestly it cant get worse
Ronaldo was the first. He is the smart one. What is better? Stay at United for peanuts (relatively speaking) and have a nobody like Ten Hag disrespect you? Or go to SA, make a lot of money, score 50 goals per year, and be adored by everyone? Hard choice!...

bleedred

It will be Potter. Whether we like it or not, he is the only possible option around January, unless people want to talk about Mauricio, who will also be gone by then.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Fact of the matter is whoever comes in won’t be able to do anything because 90% of the squad are always injured.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Whoever comes will be labeled "fraud" in 6 months so let's take Xabi Alonso, the scouser fecker.

Lee565

I would take conte at this point on q 2 year contract, we already play boring football under eth with no success so we might as well play boring football and actually have success with it

Loon

:lol:
They could bring in anyone, and these pricks would suddenly become fit, available and play for a short while, until they get the hump with something the new manager wants they can’t be arsed with because they are superstars. Then we’ll be sacking the next cnut and going again.

It is rotten to the core. THE DAMNED UNITED II: CHECK MY INSTA

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I would take conte at this point on q 2 year contract, we already play boring football under eth with no success so we might as well play boring football and actually have success with it
I really don't understand this logic. Surely if you sack a manager for the reasons you stated you want the opposite in the next manager not more of the same or worse.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It will be something if he gets sacked and the next manager comes back to succeed with a fully healthy team made of of ten Hag's signings
I'd be amazed if we got a manager who could work with ten Hag's signings. We'd probably get a manager who needs another 7 or 8 players to play his way.

Coxy

They could bring in anyone, and these pricks would suddenly become fit, available and play for a short while, until they get the hump with something the new manager wants they can’t be arsed with because they are superstars. Then we’ll be sacking the next cnut and going again.

It is rotten to the core. THE DAMNED UNITED II: CHECK MY INSTA
Fully agreed. I have concerns about ETH too - but not enough to fire him.

it won’t change these players. Like you say they will play well for a while, then the pattern will repeat itself once more.