Who replaces Ten Hag?

crossy1686

career ending
The 'by far' label is perhaps a bit of a stretch, but I don't think its proposterous opinion. Pep has still yet to prove himself in a team that isn't either readymade with generational talents, nor the excessive superpower within its league, nor one that has bottomless funds. Would he have been as successful managing Dortmund or Liverpool as Klopp had been? I doubt it.

Also more of a personal thing but I find his football boring as feck. He's lobotimised the game with his tiki taka nonsense, coaching the flair and excitement out of a player's natural game and turned the whole thing into a robotic spectacle.
Something else of note, City needed about 5 executives, Pep's best mate from Barcelona and all his totally above board doctors to win stuff. Liverpool just needed Klopp and he sorted everything else out.

hobbers

Klopp is a far better character than Pep however you cut it.

Klopp has personality, Pep is deranged.

Also one of them thrives on physiological and financial doping.

Telsim

With these latest news, we need to be sacking this fraud posthaste, Liverpool can have him if they want, and looking around carefully. We need to use this moment to get ahead.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Klopp time?
I wouldn't be angry if we got Klopp:nervous:
As much as I'd be all for it, Klopp would never ever agree
Alonso to Liverpool, Klopp to us. :D
Never going to happen, nor should it. I expect he’ll take some time out from football if he is ‘low on energy’ as he says.
Now is the time to commit to ten Hag and push on - Liverpool minus Klopp and City in Lge 2 is a golden opportunity, we can’t let Arsenal be the ones to capitalise!
We can’t start from scratch AGAIN!

hobbers

Never going to happen, nor should it. I expect he’ll take some time out from football if he is ‘low on energy’ as he says.
Now is the time to commit to ten Hag and push on - Liverpool minus Klopp and City in Lge 2 is a golden opportunity, we can’t let Arsenal be the ones to capitalise!
So let the chance slip by sticking with a dud, okay sounds good

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It will not happen but it should. When world class manager is available you go for it. And throw everything in front of him.
Football is business. And like in every business; money (and benefits) talk.

Gordon Godot

It will not happen but it should. When world class manager is available you go for it. And throw everything in front of him.
Football is business. And like in every business; money talks.
The mistake we made, probably the biggest ever, was allowing that idiot Woodward to offer the job to Klopp with some stupid comments about Disney land. Klopp understandably ran a mile. Maybe he would never have accepted working for Glazers but who knows

NLunited

Haha Klopp won‘t touch MU with a ten foot pole. He needs a break, not a club that will break him. Apart from the fact he is a scouse.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Football is business. And like in every business; money (and benefits) talk.
I think Kloppo is going to be happy collecting his JSA for a while before returning to football. :D

Mcking

Would have neither him nor Pep right away. Let them be Liverpool and Man City's managers. We should go and find ours.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Good grief. Looks like some folk have had an early liquid lunch. Klopp would never work for United in any role. He already had the chance and turned us down anyway. It's unreal people genuinely think he would. It's almost as outlandish as thinking we'd go for him in the first place.

ETA - I thought folk had learned from SAF giving the world a few months notice he was going after which performances dipped and then he stayed after all. Hopefully we'll get the same performance reduction from the scousers. I'll believe Klopp's away when he's gone.

Last edited:

parmenio

Klopp has made it clear he will never Manage another EPL club end of not gonna happen. Alonso Fav but de Zerbi linked Strongly too. We need to seriously up our game on the replacement of ETH. Come the summer we could be up against Pool, Bayern and Barca for a decent Manager.

RedRocket9908

If I was Sir Jim I would bring in a new manager now rather than waiting until the summer and having to compete with Liverpool, there is no real need to stick with Erik at this point and bringing a new manager now means whoever it is will have time to evalute the current squad and properly plan for the summer window.

The-Mezzala

De Zerbi is the only manager available I would want. I echo the others on here. We need to move quickly. I think Alonso to Liverpool is definitely happening. So get De Zerbi before another club moves

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Think Klopp calling it quits has something to do with his health. Maybe he has an illness or something. Time will tell and of course hope it's not that. He's a great manager and has done wonders with our greatest rivals. Its a sad day for the PL to be losing a great.

Telsim

We haven't moved an inch since two years ago, so we are still technically at scratch. Now is the time to bring a proper manager in, and if Ratcliffe has any sense he will push for it. The talks are hopefully taking place as we speak, and if they aren't, they should be. I'm interested to see who will be appointed, but we must use this. City aren't getting relegated anywhere, but I suspect Pep will also depart the Premier League the summer after, so we should be ready by then.

spiriticon

If we don't want to get into a war with Liverpool over managers, it would be wise to change before the season ends.

Bwuk

If we don't want to get into a war with Liverpool over managers, it would be wise to change before the season ends.
Liverpool have known since November apparently. I'd imagine they'll of been sounding out managers already. I'd be shocked if it wasn't Alonso.

SungSam7

We have a better chance at luring Pep from city. Klopp will never have anything to do with Manchester United.
Pep only takes over squads who have huge talent or are top of the food chain, how else does he protect his fraud of a legacy? :lol: :lol:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Think Klopp calling it quits has something to do with his health. Maybe he has an illness or something. Time will tell and of course hope it's not that. He's a great manager and has done wonders with our greatest rivals. Its a sad day for the PL to be losing a great.
Maybe but it's probably more a preventative measure, the way he works makes him a serious heart attack candidate, he'll take 6-12 months off and surface somewhere else

Woodenlung

I don't think we should be looking to get rid of Ten Hag after one poor season, especially after a successful first one.

But if we were to look for a new manager we shouldn't just rush into it and sack him now. There's plenty of promising young coaches and also established ones who'll be willing to join in the summer.

Appointing Klopp is utter fantasy though. He won't join his current clubs biggest historic rivals out of loyalty. He also sounds like he's utterly burnt out by the grind of managing in the Premier League. He won't want to throw himself right back into the job of coaching an even bigger club that he an even greater sense of expectation and pressure on it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Would have neither him nor Pep right away. Let them be Liverpool and Man City's managers. We should go and find ours.
Agreed.
TBH, we need to organise the structure above the manager first.
Even if Pep joined us, he wouldn't get us winning because from top to bottom, we are a shambles.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I don't think we should be looking to get rid of Ten Hag after one poor season, especially after a successful first one.

But if we were to look for a new manager we shouldn't just rush into it and sack him now. There's plenty of promising young coaches and also established ones who'll be willing to join in the summer.

Appointing Klopp is utter fantasy though. He won't join his current clubs biggest historic rivals out of loyalty. He also sounds like he's utterly burnt out by the grind of managing in the Premier League. He won't want to throw himself right back into the job of coaching an even bigger club that he an even greater sense of expectation and pressure on it.
The rot was evident from the start of the new year for me. He needs to be replaced quickly.

Todd

If Klopp is out of energy managing Liverpool, he'd be downright dead on his feet trying to manage us. Not happening.

el3mel

Not when this season has been as poor as we have witnessed these last 6 months. We absolutely should. He didn't earn the privilege of staying past such a ridiculous collapse in form and results for such a long time just because he won the League Cup or finished top 4.

NickSantigo

I feel like ETH is now a caretaker manager. It'll take an unbelievable turn in form for him to be in charge next season.
I get the feeling that Tuchel will be available in the summer and that we should go all out to get him.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I actually think this Klopp stuff could be bad news for us. Feels like a bit of a managerial merry-go-round is on the horizon and there's only a handful of good or potentially good managers around. I don't for a second think Klopp would ever come here either.

I think we'll be left praying that Ten Hag can turn it around when the other clubs hoover up any decent managers that will be available and we're left with him.