Who screwed up more in the final, Pep or Ole?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
For all the abuse ole gets i think pep has got this one with his over tinkering and trying to be cocky.

Expect abu dhabi to give a blank cheque to pep now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pep. Best team in England, has the best squad. And he once again, he overthinks his tactics and gets it wrong. This is a common theme with Pep.

He’s managed enough big games to figure this out. Ole had his first major final and fecked up.

Paul_Scholes18

Well Oles subs was useless and not getting Henderson for the pens criminal. In terms of match coaching Ole far worse.

Pep had a weird starting lineup though. Not sure what his idea was. Thus he did not set up his teams ideally.
It is hard to judge the last 30 mins since KDB got injured and that forced a sub etc.

PoTMS

City lost a game they were slight favourites for, United lost a game they were overwhelming favourites. The answer is clear.

BorisManUtd

Pep of course. He's WC manager and you'd expect him not to make mistakes of past seasons and stop overthinking it. Ole is ok manager for us and I didn't have high expectations from him before the final tbh.

Ludens the Red

I mean Ole at least started with the team he should have started with.

Amazed Pep brought back in Sterling and then to not play either of Rodri or Fernandinho is quite something.

marktan

Why he didn't start Fernandinho and play Foden as the LW, only he knows.

He's good at spending a lot and dominating the ball but tactically he's been found out so many times.

edgecutter

United should be beating a very ordinary Villarreal every single time.

Chelsea are a very good side

Godfather

Think we were the bigger favorites so I'd say Ole. Pep's PL title makes it easier to swallow for City fans too I'd imagine.

Kaos

City lost a game they were slight favourites for, United lost a game they were overwhelming favourites. The answer is clear.
This.

Even if Pep picked the right team and deployed the appropriate tactics, its feasible they still might have lost against this Chelsea team.

There was no excuse for us to lose against a mid tabled Villareal with the players we had.

ReddBalls

Funny thing is Ole would probably have a better chance of beating Pep than Unai. The way Villareal played is the antidote to the way United plays. The way Ole (and Tuchel) play is the antidote to Pep.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Our problems in the final were mostly ones we've had all season, whereas City's problems were ones they created for themselves for this match.

City are the better team, Pep is the better manager and our loss was much more of an upset than theirs. But in terms of who inflicted more damage on their team specifically for the final, it's Pep.

The Hilton

Pep made a right mess of this. Chelsea are tailor made to beat them, and he hasn't learned despite being beaten by them twice before this season.

Ole wasn't great, but Pep chose the wrong team, subbed in the wrong striker, took too long to bring in Fernandinho, basically got everything wrong tonight.

Swiss Cheese

Whatever about Ole no need to get into that plenty on here for perusaling. I think Pep is a bluffer at the business end of things. That Barcelona team would have managed itself. Not starting a defensive midfielder that smacks as arrogance thinking they would be 2 up after 20 mins and game over. Is it arrogance or incompetence I think the former but maybe a bit of both.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Death, taxes and pep over complicating things in the CL when it’s easier to win :drool:
He'll get there eventually. Just needs to figure out who else he can take out to stick another winger or attacking CM on the pitch.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Pep all day, who starts a champions league final without there DM’s and it’s not like he has only 1 quality DM, he also made the wrong subs, Ole made his subs late and should of taken Rashford off instead of Greenwood, he also shouldn’t of started 1 of Rashford or Pogba, just to have someone to come on that’s quality.

but fecking up in a champions league final is the biggest possible feck up.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Pep by some distance.

MU655

They were huge favourites, less than even money. Chelsea were 7/2.
In terms of gambling, but in reality did anyone think City were dead certain to win this? Not a chance, particularly with Chelsea's results against them this season. If anything, I gave Chelsea the edge.

Manutd against Villarreal on the other hand shouldn't be close.

And to answer the thread, that would be Ole.

KeanoMagicHat

Ole was fine until the 70th minute or so. Guardiola actively hurt his team from the very start, that's much worse. It's very hard to get that back.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Yeah but we all know Chelsea are a brilliant team with great talent. Villarreal are nowhere near United in terms of players. Anyone can lose to Chelsea. Ole fecked up much harder.

PoTMS

Maybe by the bookies but in reality, City were marginal favourites. The gap between Chelsea and City is not that big. I mean you guys beat them twice comfortably in the last month for starters.