Television Who wants to be a millionaire?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Ironically, he's doing it for the money, and it shows.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Watching one where he just made an embarrassing mistake

What is an ibex?
Guy says deer
Clarkson says “without even looking I can tell you that’s the right answer!”
Computer says “goat”
Oops I’m really sorry

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I've watched it most of this week and I don't remember the ones on the old one being half as thick as these. We're all getting more dumb.

Oh and that was a hilarious fail from Clarkson but he has been a good host.

golden_blunder

Staff
Watched the end of it, he really struggled to string sentences together. Embarrassing

Chris Tarrant come back

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Watched the end of it, he really struggled to string sentences together. Embarrassing

Chris Tarrant come back
Watched it last night, got the impression that Clarkson only was hosting the one-week special for the 20 year anniversary?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I've watched it most of this week and I don't remember the ones on the old one being half as thick as these. We're all getting more dumb.

Oh and that was a hilarious fail from Clarkson but he has been a good host.
Indeed, and 21 year olds at Oxford Uni don't know the basics about Thunderbirds!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I moved to the UK recently and I can say that this version is so much betybe than the shit we have in India . There is no bullshit, no time wasting and just pure quizzing which is really nice

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is it live? Because there's a weird amount of explaining random shit every time and awkwardness that you'd think would normally be edited out.

Also, they've made the last question before the £1000 question harder than it used to be haven't they?
They all used to be a piece of piss up to a grand, to the point where even if you didn't know the answer it'd jump out at you anyway. I went home with nothing on one because I didn't know who the actor was in 50 Shades.

golden_blunder

Staff
Is it live? Because there's a weird amount of explaining random shit every time and awkwardness that you'd think would normally be edited out.

Also, they've made the last question before the £1000 question harder than it used to be haven't they?
They all used to be a piece of piss up to a grand, to the point where even if you didn't know the answer it'd jump out at you anyway. I went home with nothing on one because I didn't know who the actor was in 50 Shades.
Don’t know if serious?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Yeah, I noticed that most of the people ended up using a lifeline by £2k (and usually before £1k). They keep the explaining stuff in to waste time so fewer people get a chance to play (my cynical view).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, I noticed that most of the people ended up using a lifeline by £2k (and usually before £1k). They keep the explaining stuff in to waste time so fewer people get a chance to play (my cynical view).
It's pretty annoying. "And I don't get to see the answer because you asked me so we have to wait....and there it is". Literally no slower than normal.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Wouldn't expect to see Clarkson doing that :lol:

Just watched some highlights, he is not bad as Ithought he might be.

Dan

Could have done with an episode tonight, there’s nothing on telly.

golden_blunder

Staff
Haha no, I was kidding. I was playing along at home and didn't know that one so wouldn't have made it to a grand, without a lifeline at least.
A guy that worked with us about 20’years ago failed on the £1000 question. It was something like “which state is known as the golden state?” and it showed the right answer with 3 obviously made up. He got it wrong

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A guy that worked with us about 20’years ago failed on the £1000 question. It was something like “which state is known as the golden state?” and it showed the right answer with 3 obviously made up. He got it wrong
Ha great stuff. It used to be a bit pointless up until a grand (apart from the occasional funny feckup), but now it seems it's only the first two

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Certainly does not need the money in any shape or form . He is making millions from the grand tour alone.
For many wealthy people, greed isn't finite.

stepic

Clarkson was fine.

the contestants were largely shit though. the one legged guy was by far the best.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
They should bring this gameshow back. Beats fecking Tipping Point.

Clarkson was OK, but I think he'd grate after a while. Tarrant wouldn't come back I don't think but he'd be your go to guy.

GBBQ

A lad from where I live was on and got knocked out on the £500 question; what is a female rabbit called. The answer was doe but he wrote it off cos of The Sound of Music (doe a deer etc etc.).

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Who+...TRICK+HOEY+AFTER+BEING+FIRST+TO...-a067402541

Yagami

Good post resistant
This has constantly been in my recommendations on YouTube for some reason so I finally gave in and watched it yesterday:

Never seen the American version before, and I have to say that ask an expert option is awful. They also have a time limit on answering questions.

Anyway, I think the guy from pointless would be a great host for this with Tarrant not wanting to. Alexander Armstrong. Clarkson's meh.