Who will be United's big signing this summer?

van Nistelrooy

Bale's post match interview suggests he will be looking to leave in the summer. Injury-prone or not, we better not let him go back to Spurs ahead of us!

davidmichael

Bale basically just said for Real to guarantee him a starting spot and playing every week or he’ll look at other options, I’d take Bale being fit for 60-65% of the season over anything else we’ve got up top.

U99ted

Bale's post match interview suggests he will be looking to leave in the summer. Injury-prone or not, we better not let him go back to Spurs ahead of us!
Bale basically just said for Real to guarantee him a starting spot and playing every week or he’ll look at other options, I’d take Bale being fit for 60-65% of the season over anything else we’ve got up top.
I would love to drool over having a team with Bale and Sanchez, but the last few years have taught me not to expect anything from an attacker when they put on a red shirt.

jesperjaap

I would love to drool over having a team with Bale and Sanchez, but the last few years have taught me not to expect anything from an attacker when they put on a red shirt.
Definately Falcao, DiMaria, Miki and currently Sanchez all huge players, only really Ibra has lived up to expectations. You would think with premiership experience and being British it would be different with Bale though.

Suv666

Looks like it takes a bicycle kick to make caf forget the age obsession. Good guy Bale getting rid of ageism one goal at a time

Djemba-Djemba

Yep.

These last 5 years have beaten the transfer muppet out of me completely. We've spent so much on so many players and we're still miles away from winning the biggest trophies.

I'm going to wait for us to play well over a sustained period before I get my hopes up.

Fer

Some months ago, I thought that Griezmann was going to be our big signing. Right now, it seems it could be Bale.
But my option would be Eriksen... IMO we need a player like him, there are a lot of young,talented and cheaper right wingers than Bale.

AgentP

Some months ago, I thought that Griezmann was going to be our big signing. Right now, it seems it could be Bale.
But my option would be Eriksen... IMO we need a player like him, there are a lot of young,talented and cheaper right wingers than Bale.
There is no way Levy will sell us Eriksen.

RoLo

There are a lot of young,talented and cheaper right wingers than Bale.
I'm not sure that's true. I think there's a bit of a dearth of right wingers at the top level currently. With inside forwards and inverted wingers becoming the preferred style for a lot of teams your right footers end up on the left where they would traditionally have played on the right.

Which young, talented and cheaper right wingers did you have in mind?

Fer

I'm not sure that's true. I think there's a bit of a dearth of right wingers at the top level currently. With inside forwards and inverted wingers becoming the preferred style for a lot of teams your right footers end up on the left where they would traditionally have played on the right.

I'm not sure how much they cost but... IMO some young players who can provide width are Pulisic, Malcom, Leon Bailey, Dembele, Coman, Guedes, Gelson Martins, Brandt, Chiesa... or even Lozano, Neres, and Kluivert.

Maybe someone like Mahrez, Douglas Costa or Thauvin would be better.

Fer

I really hope to see Griezmann or Bale as our big signing. But I wouldn't be surprised if we end up spending a lot of money on Savic.

reddaz71

Will be surprised if it's not Bale, he looks more likely to leave Madrid than ever before and I think he's now come round to the idea of joining us.

James Peril

There is no way Levy will sell us Eriksen.
We don’t need Eriksen, we already have better players in our squad. What he does well at Spurs is magnified, when he sucks nobody cares. At United, he would be found out after a few weeks, just look at Sanchez and how quickly things changed - and he’s a far superior player to Eriksen. The Dane has never played with any pressure, you don’t have that at Spurs - you get that at Old Trafford from day 1. If you go five games without a point at Spurs, there are no articles in the media, no idiot pundits having a go - nobody cares about Spurs. If United draws Burnley away after five wins in a row, it’s pitchforks and players getting stick for nothing.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Hopefully Bale. I'd also take Griezeman. But it also wouldn't surprise me if we don't make a big signing.

Fer

Hopefully Bale. I'd also take Griezeman. But it also wouldn't surprise me if we don't make a big signing.
I hope we end up signing one of those players. We need a game changer like them in our attack. Sadly, I can see Griezmann staying in Spain and Bale would be to expensive to sign him.

Sandro for 60m and Alderweireld for 75m are already too expensive.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If we have to make another huge signing I hope it’s Bale. I think he still will
want to prove to real they were wrong to let him go. He thrives in a position we need a starter in. Commercial windfall.
I don’t like his age or injury record and I’d rather we go for a younger player with a really high ceiling like a Sane, Salah etc

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We need an elite level player. Bale would be my dream signing. Failing that I would take Willian. Who isn’t elite level but he’s very very good and would fit the team like a glove.

Silas

I hope we end up signing one of those players. We need a game changer like them in our attack. Sadly, I can see Griezmann staying in Spain and Bale would be to expensive to sign him.

Sandro for 60m and Alderweireld for 75m are already too expensive.
To be fair, if it's true that we're reluctant to spend so much on those players, it would make sense that we're saving it for someone like Bale. Though, not spending 75m on Alderweireld can't really be used to deduce how much we can spend anyway, considering it would never be a good idea.

Last edited:

Tony247

If Bale wants to join us he needs to send right signals. It seems he likes it in Madrid and wants to reluctantly leave only because of manager. If that is the case then better pursue other option.

Willian on the other hand if really wants to join, like Matic did then he would be a better option as a team player.

Body should be where heart is.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Bale is left footed

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
We don’t need Eriksen, we already have better players in our squad. What he does well at Spurs is magnified, when he sucks nobody cares. At United, he would be found out after a few weeks, just look at Sanchez and how quickly things changed - and he’s a far superior player to Eriksen.
Errr what? Eriksen is world class, he is in the same bracket as the Hazards, De Bruyne's of the world and just hitting his prime, Barca are eyeing him up as the Iniesta replacement, RM as the Modric replacement. His numbers were on par with Coutinho's who went for 140mil to Barca. And he is at a club that sell if the right offer comes in and the player wants to go, he will however certainly not be cheap.

As for the big signing, Ronaldo or Bale, and that is only if we actually sign a big name player. Could be just Mou shuffling the pack and bringing in some key missing parts of the puzzle like fullbacks.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
We don’t need Eriksen, we already have better players in our squad. What he does well at Spurs is magnified, when he sucks nobody cares. At United, he would be found out after a few weeks, just look at Sanchez and how quickly things changed - and he’s a far superior player to Eriksen. The Dane has never played with any pressure, you don’t have that at Spurs - you get that at Old Trafford from day 1. If you go five games without a point at Spurs, there are no articles in the media, no idiot pundits having a go - nobody cares about Spurs. If United draws Burnley away after five wins in a row, it’s pitchforks and players getting stick for nothing.
What a load of tosh, I'd say the majority of the Café would have Eriksen in your team tomorrow.

NJM78

I would bet on Fred being our most expensive signing. I honestly do not believe we have the funds available despite our continuously publicized worth. Think we have too many overpaid squad players that need to be offloaded first even then I do no see us getting a top class player like Bale, Griezmann etc.
I agree with a few saying Sanchez was our marquee signing, shame he has been dog turd for the majority. He really can't be any worse next season which is a plus I guess.

Bestietom

I would bet on Fred being our most expensive signing. I honestly do not believe we have the funds available despite our continuously publicized worth. Think we have too many overpaid squad players that need to be offloaded first even then I do no see us getting a top class player like Bale, Griezmann etc.
I agree with a few saying Sanchez was our marquee signing, shame he has been dog turd for the majority. He really can't be any worse next season which is a plus I guess.
In a way I hope you are right, as we could bring in a couple more players, rather than blow the lot on just 1 player.

padzilla

Hipster
Gareth Bale strikes me to be similar in attitude to Alan Shearer was when it comes to us. We are constantly linked with him but he will always choose an alternative.