Who will dominate the Premier League?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
We're guaranteed a PSG V Bayern Champions league final every year.

But who will dominate the premier league? Leicester probably.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
We're guaranteed a PSG V Bayern Champions league final every year.

But who will dominate the premier league? Leicester probably.
Definitely Leicester until they are poached by the super league

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Most of the time it'll still be won by one of City, Chelsea, United or Liverpool, but I can see more seasons where Leicester or Everton capitalize on the SL-teams resting players.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Most of the time it'll still be won by one of City, Chelsea, United or Liverpool, but I can see more seasons where Leicester or Everton capitalize on the SL-teams resting players.
So you think they will be allowed to stay then?

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Surely the tv rights deals will be an absolute nightmare to sort out if the "big six" aren't allowed to play. Unfortunately, BT/Sky didn't pay billions to show Burnley vs Brighton.

Even if the "big six" are allowed to retain their premier league status, the competition will most likely play second fiddle to the super league. Again, BT/Sky won't want to shell out big money to show the "big six" fielding under strength teams most weeks.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
In this parallel universe Everton would probably be best placed with the new stadium move coming up.

Red00012

League will remain the same I think personally, they’ll sit down and come to an arrangement. It’s in everyone’s best interests.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
League will remain the same I think personally, they’ll sit down and come to an arrangement. It’s in everyone’s best interests.
But beyond the champions, what will there be too play for? Once someone is far in the lead, the other teams will rest players as their league position will mean nothing...

Cloud7

Crystal Palace have a cool name so I might adopt them as my new team.

#HodgsonOut

It's time we get a more progressive manager

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
But beyond the champions, what will there be too play for? Once someone is far in the lead, the other teams will rest players as their league position will mean nothing...
Guess it would be like before English clubs were allowed back into European football

KeanoMagicHat

That was the way most of English football history and as recently as the late 1990s. That's what domestic cups are for. Breaking up the top 4 obsession, that it's such an achievement to finish 4th in a league, wouldn't be a bad thing.

MDFC Manager

Why do you think the Premier League can afford to "punish" their golden egg clubs that everyone pays to watch?
Exactly, literally no chance they don't compromise. It's ultimately only UEFA that'll get run over and let's be honest, good riddance.

stepic

The same as now.

People seriously think the PL will kick out the 6 biggest clubs? No chance in hell that happens

prateik

We arent leaving the premier league.. just the CL.

They can talk about suspending teams.. they wont.. they cant.

MDFC Manager

The same as now.

People seriously think the PL will kick out the 6 biggest clubs? No chance in hell that happens
We arent leaving the premier league.. just the CL.

They can talk about suspending teams.. they wont.. they cant.
This probably begs the question, why then are the domestic leagues up in arms about this? What are they losing?

Do they get some yearly money from UEFA to allow their clubs to take part in UEFA competitions?

stevoc

So you think they will be allowed to stay then?
Do you really think the PL will kick United and Liverpool out of the league?

They can't afford to, if they kicked out the top 6 teams the next TV deal would only be worth about 20% of what it is now.

Darlington Padgett

How are they going to fit all of those games and the league? Its impossible. This is going to kill domestic football.

Darlington Padgett

I'll admit I haven't read up enough on the plan but wouldn't it more than likely be the domestic cups that get sacrificed by those clubs if the ESL went ahead rather than the league?
Even if the cups are sacrificed, you're getting a few extra games. Teams won''t have a chance to rest players, every game is a top team, except when they get Arsenal. Those 6 teams won't be able to compete in 2 leagues.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Do you really think the PL will kick United and Liverpool out of the league?

They can't afford to, if they kicked out the top 6 teams the next TV deal would only be worth about 20% of what it is now.
Theres a lot of balls in the air right now. A lot of it is knee jerk, and we'll have to wait for the dust to settle to get an accurate read on the situation. But so far, no one is happy. Even our own M.U.S.T put out a release condemning the club for taking part in this. The big six are only big because of the following they have. If the fans dont back this, who will be buying those Sky subs anyway?

If you remove the big six, another six will come along to take their place. Its the natural order of things. This idea that the PL or the other leagues cant survive without the big six is a lot like the indyref nonsense people used to spew. "The big companies will leave!". So? There will always be others. The big six might look irreplaceable right now. But it wasnt that long ago that we were only talking about the big 4. I would love to see us and the rest getting booted out of the respective leagues, and watch all the players jump ship so they can play for their countries again. Money might not be as good, but theyll still be raking it in.

Seriously, I would love to see Glazer and the other pricks put in their place over this. I would love it. But I cant say youre wrong. Money does in talk. And as we all know, the FA et al are all money whores. So who knows, but it will be interesting to see who blinks first.

MuFc_1992

This probably begs the question, why then are the domestic leagues up in arms about this? What are they losing?

Do they get some yearly money from UEFA to allow their clubs to take part in UEFA competitions?
They are against the closed shop nature of ESL and the dynamic lack of european qualification creates for the league.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The bright side about this is that PSG will finally win a Champion's League at some point.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The ESL teams will for sure shortly end up leaving the domestic leagues too. Rumors are that Bayern/Leipzig :lol: /Porto will be the remaining 3 teams. But in general it won't be long before they just leave the domestic leagues, if they don't get kicked out. It won't be a level playing field anyway, far worse than right now. Also the domestic leagues would be pretty irrelevant compared to the super league at that point.

To answer the question... Leicester best positioned to take advantage.