Who will go down; Everton, Leeds or Burnley?

Who will go down?

• Everton

Votes: 59 15.6%
  • Leeds

Votes: 238 63.1%
  • Burnley

Votes: 80 21.2%

• Total voters

Stig

Looking at the fixture list I'm thinking Everton.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Everton. Burnley may have just proven many wrong with the sacking of Dyche

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Up until last night I would have bet my house on Burnley, now I'm glad I didn't!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't know everton holding the record for never going down in their history and it being broken feels wrong.
I don't particularly care for them but they're undeniably a historical club, would be a shame if they were to go down like this.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Aye, sacked before he relegated them though. Not one person will miss longball.
Yeah I agree with that , though i had started to form a begrudging respect for the sheer ugliness of it all.
No one will miss it but I might just do :lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I really hope it’s Everton, but I think it’ll be Burnley. I think Everton will look back at the result against us being the one that inevitably keeps them up.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Aye, sacked before he relegated them though. Not one person will miss longball.
Ironically it's the credit in the bank he had from previous season's that might cost Burnley their top flight status (there's no other logical reason he survived 1 win in 21).

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I don't know everton holding the record for never going down in their history and it being broken feels wrong.
I don't particularly care for them but they're undeniably a historical club, would be a shame if they were to go down like this.
They were relegated in the 50s.

Arsenal is the only top flight club never to be relegated.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No lose for us.
Everton and we lose a Liverpool lite rabid bunch who always put big performances in against us, yet bow down to their city hosts.

Burnley and we lose a bunch of scufflers who make a lovely small club story, but haven't really contributed much for years.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They were relegated in the 50s.

Arsenal is the only top flight club never to be relegated.
Yes you are correct they've been relegated a few times it seems so no historical record will be broken if they go down.
Still there is a real possibility they might end up in the championship hell the way teams like derby , leeds and forrest did but I don't think you would mind that would you.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
No lose for us.
Everton and we lose a Liverpool lite rabid bunch who always put big performances in against us, yet bow down to their city hosts.

Burnley and we lose a bunch of scufflers who make a lovely small club story, but haven't really contributed much for years.
I think it's more a mental block than anything else (although you would have thought them finally winning at Anfield last season would have rid them of it).

When it was you and Arsenal dominating we saw you as the lesser evil but always performed at Old Trafford but looked mentally shot playing at Highbury.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Yes you are correct they've been relegated a few times it seems so no historical record will be broken if they go down.
Still there is a real possibility they might end up in the championship hell the way teams like derby , leeds and forrest did but I don't think you would mind that would you.
:angel:

RedRoach

Everton have the much harder run of games. They have to play Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal.

RoyH1

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I believe Everton might drop. Burnley, as bad as they are, have their scrappiness going for them.

Gazautd18

Hope Everton fluke a win in one of their games to sneak through.
Got no love for Burnley.

LoneStar

If Burnley go on a new manager bounce (like they did yesterday) for a couple more games, they would likely make it out of relegation. Everton have too tough a fixture and basically need Burnley to play poorly. Highly doubt they’ll win against any top team.

Woodzy

It’ll be Everton looking at those fixtures, but if not it means Everton may have to have gotten results against Liverpool and Arsenal which is only a good thing for the tiny glimmers of hope we cling on to for these last few games.

yamo123x

Burnley for me.

We gifted everton 3 points, they equalised with last kick of the game against Leicester, same with newcastle game...i think the gods are with them

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't mean to be rude but there are certain clubs that I always enjoy watching in the PL due to their history/what I've seen.

I don't want Everton to go down for example due to how good they were a couple years ago under Moyes being a regular top 5-6 team.

Even when I read about the history of a club like Nottingham Forest winning in Europe - I kind of look forward to them one day playing in the PL again.

I felt the same about Leeds. Even though they are our rivals - I'd rather regularly face and beat our rivals than have them nowhere to be seen.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Liverpool as a footballing city must be a really surreal place roundabouts now. One half are attempting total, unprecedented domination, whilst the other is plummeting to depths pretty much unknown as it's not just a case of potential relegation looming over them but also financial devastation.

Let's hope the former don't have their way, but imagine they do at the same time Everton go down. For some Liverpool supporters this would be the kind of climax they couldn't have even fantasised about, and on the other side of the coin, the kind of nightmare even It couldn't have brought to life.

Dempsey19

Hopefully Everton.

I dislike then way more than Burnley.

Ideal situation would be Leeds and Everton but I think Leeds are okay now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everything about it just feels like we will. The chaos surrounding the club and owner and potential new stadium on the horizon just screams financial ruin and capitulation into League 2. My club. :drool:

Also, Burnley have experience of this. We don’t at all. We have overhyped and overpriced players, many of which aren’t here for the club. Say what you want about Dyche and his philosophy but he created a team that would do everything to keep Burnley in the league. We have the same problem as you where we have a squad where the majority don’t care about Everton.

Last edited:

SecondFig

Liverpool as a footballing city must be a really surreal place roundabouts now. One half are attempting total, unprecedented domination, whilst the other is plummeting to depths pretty much unknown as it's not just a case of potential relegation looming over them but also financial devastation.

Let's hope the former don't have their way, but imagine they do at the same time Everton go down. For some Liverpool supporters this would be the kind of climax they couldn't have even fantasised about, and on the other side of the coin, the kind of nightmare even It couldn't have brought to life.
Not that dissimilar to Manchester in the 90s to be honest

Ole'sgunnarwin

I'd still just give the edge to Everton. I think Burnley are the better side, and have the easier fixtures. Everton have Liverpool next so that's a 0. They'll pick up a couple of wins at home, that might be enough.

Nero

Everton's run of three games against Watford, Brentford, and Palace will keep them up.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's in our best interest to see this go down to the wire - Everton's final game is against Arsenal.