Who will go down; Everton, Leeds or Burnley?

Who will go down?

• Everton

Votes: 59 15.6%
  • Leeds

Votes: 238 63.1%
  • Burnley

Votes: 80 21.2%

• Total voters

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Everton fans endearing themselves.

Chairman Steve

Context of fireworks being a bunch of Everton fans set off fireworks 3:30am at the hotel Brentford were staying at.

Probably not the best idea as a bunch of people on a city break just had their sleep ruined by some degenerates who go too far with football. I’m not accepting that as cute or funny as a prank. It’s pretty cnutish. God knows who else you’re affecting.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Context of fireworks being a bunch of Everton fans set off fireworks 3:30am at the hotel Brentford were staying at.

Probably not the best idea as a bunch of people on a city break just had their sleep ruined by some degenerates who go too far with football. I’m not accepting that as cute or funny as a prank. It’s pretty cnutish. God knows who else you’re affecting.
Hate the word but this might just be the most snowflake thing I've read on a football forum

Chairman Steve

Hate the word but this might just be the most snowflake thing I've read on a football forum
So you have no problem with anti-social behaviour then? Ok then.

If someone has a heart attack and dies from the sudden loud bangs in a hotel, it’s okay?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
So you have no problem with anti-social behaviour then? Ok then.

If someone has a heart attack and dies from the sudden loud bangs in a hotel, it’s okay?
The amout of stretching you're resorting to justify your stance is just something special :lol:.

I've lived in student cities and even irrespective of that, I've had 'normal' neighbours who've done some absolutely ridiculous stuff.

I'd hardly begrudge Everton fans going a bit extreme to 'save' their team. I won't do it but talking about it as if it's some god-awful crime makes you sound like a Tory toff.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Still think Leeds are fecked, though Everton are doing a great job of making it easy for them and Burnley.
Have to say I don’t get all the hate for Everton on this board. I know they are scouse, but I thought they were the acceptable face of scouse and the club has always seemed to have a pretty good relationship with Utd - selling us their best and taking our cast offs….. maybe I read it wrong.:confused:

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford

Everton fans endearing themselves.
Disgusting.

Even happier to have won the game after I saw this earlier - especially considering the history we have with that odious liar Lumplard on the subject.

Still will be more than happy to send Leeds down next sunday - mind the gap Stuart Dallas......

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
The amout of stretching you're resorting to justify your stance is just something special :lol:.

I've lived in student cities and even irrespective of that, I've had 'normal' neighbours who've done some absolutely ridiculous stuff.

I'd hardly begrudge Everton fans going a bit extreme to 'save' their team. I won't do it but talking about it as if it's some god-awful crime makes you sound like a Tory toff.
Especially when you can troll them afterwards when it doesn't work.....

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Still looking bleak for Leeds despite the last minute draw. Shame, rivalry aside they're somewhat of a joy to watch in the PL, I hope they bounce up straight away if they do go down.

Chairman Steve

Tory toff :lol: Hurtful! I didnt realise Nou_Camp99 had an alt account… well in that case, allow me to break away from my Boris audiobook and anti-NHS essay writing for a minute, old chap! :p

I’m pretty sure setting off fireworks in public places in the wee hours of the morning is against the law in the UK. That’s where I’m coming from on my stance, and I’m pretty sure you could even go to prison for it. Of course its not a serious, god-awful crime like murder or rape… but it’s not some harmless, rascaly shenanigans like throwing eggs at peoples house windows either, like you’re making it out to be.

Because as I‘ve said, you’re potentially affecting a lot of people and god knows who you’re affecting when you’re setting off loud as feck fireworks in a vastly public setting at 3 in the morning. It isn’t just some football team inhabiting the hotel (who probably got wind that it may happen anyway). There’s probably tourists and general public in there too who probably aren’t expecting it and the video I saw looked like it was in the city. Hopefully it’s just some people who are pissed they had their sleep disturbed but it’s still anti-social behaviour. There could have been some vulnerable people in that hotel. Someone with combat PTSD, someone with heart conditions, someone who is blind etc. I’m not necessarily saying there was any but what if there was and something terrible happened? Is ’my football team needs the win’ a good excuse to get out of trouble with law enforcement?

I like banter, shenanigans and even dishing out abuse at football grounds as long as it isn’t racist, wishing death on someone, mocking tragedies or results in someone getting physically hurt, but I don’t like it when you’re taking it out of the stadium, away from the football setting and potentially affecting people who probably don’t care about football and want to be left alone, because not everyone cares about football as much as Sky wants you to believe, and will go berserk if they found out that was the reason why they couldn’t sleep, or maybe their blind grandad who served in the war gets their PTSD triggered and they’re scared out of their mind on what was supposed to be a quiet city break….but feck him, Everton need to win this game!

We’ll agree to disagree on it as I don’t want to derail the thread topic any further. I think you’re underestimating the consequences of carrying out these ‘mischievous’ acts on people who don’t want to be part of it, regardless of whether you didnt want them to be.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I think Burnley either get two or three points out of their remaining games. Leeds I see getting 1 or none, Everton I think will get 4.

Leeds down for me.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I expect it to be Leeds that go down but my preference would be Everton.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I expect it to be Leeds that go down but my preference would be Everton.
Why?

I mean, why not - but still, why?

Especially since you prefer it over Leeds.

For me, it's obviously Leeds - I would never wish anything but misery on them (in general terms).

ETA I see you're a Leicester fan - so yes. But still - what have you got against Everton?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Think Everton will draw with Palace and beat Arsenal, giving them 40, Burnley will lose to Villa but beat Newcastle, and Leeds will only manage a draw with Brentford - sending them down.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Think Everton will draw with Palace and beat Arsenal, giving them 40, Burnley will lose to Villa but beat Newcastle, and Leeds will only manage a draw with Brentford - sending them down.
They're going to draw to Palace at home who have nothing to play for before heading to the Emirates in a huge game for Arsenal and beat them three days later?

I mean, maybe - but it's an interesting way of going about it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
They're going to draw to Palace at home who have nothing to play for before heading to the Emirates in a huge game for Arsenal and beat them three days later?

I mean, maybe - but it's an interesting way of going about it.
Just have a feeling that Arsenal will do something Arsenal-y when going for that CL spot... and what's more Arsenal-y then losing at home on the last day of the season!?

I've no fecking clue how i posted that in the Championship thread :lol:

OverratedOpinion

Why?

For me, it's obviously Leeds - I would never wish anything but misery on them (in general terms).

ETA I see you're a Leicester fan - so yes. But still - what have you got against Everton?
Playing Leeds has been a fecking blast since they got promoted to be fair.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Why?

For me it's all about the way Everton have handled themselves in the last ten years !!
Splashing money and changing managers on a regular basis.
They are always looking for the easy way out instead of doing the hard work it takes to be successful.
Add to that, the fact that I don't like Lampard, Richarlison or Pickford !!