Who, with me, believes we can win the premier league?

croadyman

This season would count as a missed opportunity for a title run. Our lack of squad depth in midfield and striker positions has killed our hopes, as I believe we have a first eleven capable of fighting for the title.
Yeah just needed to get that second goal at Palace and Casa isn't on the field to get booked

Andersons Dietician

Yeah just needed to get that second goal at Palace and Casa isn't on the field to get booked
I’d forgot about that Palace game as I was just looking at the table and thinking if we’d beat Arsenal and not drawn with Leeds we’d I think be equal on points with them, us having played a game extra.

No Casa booking and I think we would have done Arsenal and then that palace free kick. Slim margins.

Olecurls99

I’d forgot about that Palace game as I was just looking at the table and thinking if we’d beat Arsenal and not drawn with Leeds we’d I think be equal on points with them, us having played a game extra.

No Casa booking and I think we would have done Arsenal and then that palace free kick. Slim margins.
Yeah, it's gutting. It really makes that Palace peno all the more galling. We get that and we're 2 up, Casemiro plays against Arsenal for a draw and we are bouncing.

It was such a stonewall pen too.

Palace defender committed, missed the ball and cleaned out Mctominay with an obvious trip. Shocking decision

Arsenal on 49 right now and we're on at least 46

Yakuza_devils

I don't think we are ready. This season is a special season where 80 plus points could win the league. Next season when the champion is going to be 100 points again it will be clear that we are still far away.

Unless we have new onwers who is willing to spend big next season I don't think this squad is capable of 100 points yet. City and Chelsea will spend big again next summer and I think Liverpool will be back.

Woodzy

We aren’t in a title race right now but there’s such a long way to go that if we can close the gap and are within about 5 points with 10 games remaining, then who knows. We could be within 5 points at the end of today albeit having played 2 games more.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I don’t think we’ll win it but Arsenal may just be in for a rude shock if they keep dropping points. The cracks are starting to show and with City’s mind elsewhere at the moment, there is a minuscule window of hope.

NLunited

With everyone dropping points anything is possible. Arsenal is dropping off. The team that shows consistency
this year will win it. That could be us, if our injuries don‘t bite us in the arse.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Everytime people think we’be got a chance. End up losing points so probably not

El Zoido

We might have been in with a chance if we hadn’t drawn two and lost one recently. If we’d held on for a point at Arsenal and turned one of those draws in to a win then maybe.

RedDF

We wont win the league but we will be close. Painfully close. I belive the reasons for which we are behind are in majority beyond our Control: Queens death, refs and injuries didnt help
Don’t forget, you can’t really drop 6 points in the opening 2 games and expect it won’t come back to haunt you.

NLunited

With competitors dropping points, we need to take advantage. What happened before don‘t matter.

croadyman

We aren’t in a title race right now but there’s such a long way to go that if we can close the gap and are within about 5 points with 10 games remaining, then who knows. We could be within 5 points at the end of today albeit having played 2 games more.
Yeah until we are within 5 or less having played same number of games as top two you can't get a genuine picture of things. Arsenal have a very tough April but then so do we as well. City have tricky looking home games with scousers and of course the return game with Arsenal too.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If Arsenal has their typical end of season collapse... Honestly, who knows. It's certainly possible.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
If City drop points today and then beat Arsenal on Wednesday, we are in a title race. Especially with them having to play each other again.

It doesn’t mean we’ll win it. One of them won’t win it either but they’re still in a race.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
With Bentancur now being out for the season, I still defend my decision to have wanted Spurs to win last weekend.

Hoof the ball

Regardless of doubts, the fact of the matter is that we're in title race, plain and simple. Doesn't matter that we're lacking depth'; doesn't matter that we're playing more fixtures than anyone else. Arsenal have to go to City twice and if they drop points in both games (which is very reasonable to suggest), and we continue picking up points, there's absolutely no reason why ten Hag can't pull it off this season if the effort remains monumental from here until the end of May.

croadyman

Regardless of doubts, the fact of the matter is that we're in title race, plain and simple. Doesn't matter that we're lacking depth'; doesn't matter that we're playing more fixtures than anyone else. Arsenal have to go to City twice and if they drop points in both games (which is very reasonable to suggest), and we continue picking up points, there's absolutely no reason why ten Hag can't pull it off this season if the effort remains monumental from here until the end of May.
They do but by the time we KO at Anfield on Mar 5 we could be 15 pts adrift (2 less games). They are away to Leicester followed by home to Bournemouth and Everton. Let's just say we need favours while away trying to win League Cup.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
We still have to go to Liverpool and Spurs but most games we have are winnable so who knows. Injuries will play a huge part.

AndySmith1990

We've no chance of winning it. But if we finish within 10 points of 1st I'd call that an incredible achievement considering where we were last season (and even after the 1st two matches this season)

croadyman

Here here. We are close enough and it’s in our power to do it, we just keep going!
Need to win some really tricky away games and top two to drop some really silly points before that April run-in starts

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We are points behind and games ahead. We will drop more points than those two simply because we are a worse team than them. We are not in a title race.

Sparky Rhiwabon

If we’d have beaten Arsenal, then maybe we’d have had a chance. We’d have been a point ahead of them at the top now, with Arsenal having two games in hand including the one against City midweek

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Arsenal and City have to play each other twice. If Arsenal win both the race is done they'll be champions. If City win both its a race and they'll be favourites but we're out of it. If they split though, they'll both drop 3 points or if they both draw (best case scenario for us) then we're right there in the race.

croadyman

We are points behind and games ahead. We will drop more points than those two simply because we are a worse team than them. We are not in a title race.
Yeah those two things are not a good combo

Fts 74

Most league winning sides lose no more than 5 games weve lost 5 already.We have 15 league games left We'd have to go 12-3-0(85pts) or 11-3- 1 (82pts) cant see it happening realistically. Even if we say 80pts(unlikely)wins it this season we can't really afford to lose more than one game and hope City and Arsenal collapse.

Stranger things have happened but id say More like 8-5-2 75pts comfortable top 4 though which would be a great first season for ETH.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Appalled by all the naysaying comments. Where’s the belief?!
We’re 2 behind City and 5 behind Arsenal.
I can’t see an Arsenal victory on Weds, most likely a draw - perfect for us.
Our squad might not have the depth of City, but we are easily as good as both them and Arsenal first 11.
Don’t forget before the Everton game last week, we were the only team to beat Arsenal in that amazing pre-WC run they had.
It is by no means a foregone conclusion, but we are in the conversation for sure.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
is Casemiro banned for one more game?

Anyway, Arsenal might well not get any points in the two games they've got in hand on us, but then they're still a fair few ahead.

City are probably gonna go on a run in response to all the cheating allegations as Pep will have thrown a rocket up their arses.

All we can do is keep winning, even when playing as poorly as we did today. Pray to every god imagined that Rashford doesn't get injured.

lex talionis

Improbable, but now possible. The problem is that we have two clubs, not one, to chase down and fatigue and injuries are taking an obvious toll on our squad. One can envision an Arsenal meltdown, but it's hard to envision both Arsenal and City melting down. And it would require a melt as there's no chance we're going to run the table through our last 15 matches while still juggling EL, the FA Cup and ELF Cup runs. Our form of late has been gritty, not great.

But fortunes do turn quickly and in less than a fortnight, after having slayed Barcelona and then dispatching Newcastle and Liverpool, this conversation could take on a very different hue.

NFM

15 matches, 45 points , 91 points to aim at. Arsenal will be 5 points ahead with one game in hand after Wednesday , Finishing second is a very attainable target. City are too strong this season, but that can change soon.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The only way we can do this is if City are docked points. Arsenal imploding seems unlikely but possible. Think we might well finish third.

Unam333

So, what is the best outcome this Wednesday? A draw or a City win?

Mr Smith

I think we are in the title race but I don't think we'll win it. Our squad still has a lack of depth in key positions which means when our best players are out (our CB duo, Case, Rashford, etc), we suffer.

DeGea

No way are we in a genuine title race. We can beat anyone on our day, and I mean anyone. But over the course of an entire season we are probably the third best team in the country, comfortably. Which is probably an accurate representation of where we are right now.

We are one Rashford injury away from the entire season derailing. Arsenal have not had Gabriel Jesus for the majority of the season and are still ahead. And you can see City still winning a lot of games even if Haaland is injured.