g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Who would you keep: Rashford or Martial?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Martial is a better player and has more potential IMO. We also spent a lot of money on him. I'd definitely keep him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why exactly do people keep mentioning Martial and the potential to win the Ballon D'or? That's a crazy shout at this stage.

FujiVice

Rashford. I've accepted a lot of shit in the modern game, but if we let him go I'd be pretty devestated. Which we wont, so let's not be mad.

I do wonder, though, on a shitter level, what a thread would have been like in the summer for say "who would you keep, Lingard or Memphis."

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Martial seems to become better the longer he doesn't play.
He played two games ago and he showed in his last three starts that there's nothing wrong with his "mentality on the pitch" as someone else said.

Gifs of some of the moments (since the 31st December, less than a month ago):

As for the question I wouldn't like to see either sold but Rashford will be at the club longer.

Manny

Grammar Police
What is it with the constant stream of shitty 'Underrated/Overrated', 'is he a great?' comparison threads now a days?

This thread is particularly shite as both are young and both still play for us.

Dion

Neither, can we stop it with these stupid bloody questions. What next? De Gea or Pogba?

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Rashford. I've accepted a lot of shit in the modern game, but if we let him go I'd be pretty devestated. Which we wont, so let's not be mad.

I do wonder, though, on a shitter level, what a thread would have been like in the summer for say "who would you keep, Lingard or Memphis."
Keep Lingard as you can see he actually wants to make it and tries hard, also doesn't disappear in big games

CM

Martial seems to become better the longer he doesn't play.
Didn't you say Hazard was the 3rd best player you've seen in the Premier League? I think you can reserve your right to judge.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't you say Hazard was the 3rd best player you've seen in the Premier League? I think you can reserve your right to judge.
What does that have to do with this forum underrating Rashford?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Martial.
Think Rashford is overrated.
Good talent, but not much more. For now.

Spotkick

I am shocked to see this many martials here, this is a lad from Manchester ffs

The BlackGaijin

If I were manager of united...oh what a dream.. I would make a lot of significant changes because I know I won’t last long. First match in charge would drop some acid, announce that we will send Rashford to Westham for free, play Zlatan in goal, make Harrera assistant coach and paly de gea on the wings.

About the question. Martial definately, I dont even know how its a contest.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Rashford is as likely to leave for Everton or some such as martial is to leave for one of the big guns.

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
Sell both and promote Lingard to false nine..

This is hard, as let's face it martial is the better player. I think that Rashford will never be a consistent first team starter (unfortunately) and may even find himself turning out for a top 6 side like Everton in a couple of seasons. I hope this isn't the case because it would be great to see the lad knocking in goals for us for a long time. Martial, also doesn't strike me as Real/Barca player I think if he gets back to being consistent then he'all be here for a long time

as-95

I am shocked to see this many martials here, this is a lad from Manchester ffs
Stupid post. Lingard is also a local lad. Does that mean we should hypothetically keep him ahead of a more talented player?

There is no room for sentiment in football and if Martial is the better player, there is no reason to pick Rashford.

Spotkick

Stupid post. Lingard is also a local lad. Does that mean we should hypothetically keep him ahead of a more talented player?

There is no room for sentiment in football and if Martial is the better player, there is no reason to pick Rashford.
Well, there is a reason for Depays departure and that Jesse got an extension on his contract. I dont think that reason is abillity. if the abillities of the players are close always choose for the local lad because in the end he will give something extra. If Jose had to make the decision im sure he chooses Rash as well.

Castia

Martial, easily. No doubt Rashford is a good player but Martial has world class talent imo.

unitedforeveral

both are still young and playing out of position. Cannot blame either until given a fair shot. Should keep both. No discussion.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Your post was blatantly implying Martial is overrated though, as opposed to Rashford being underrated.
He is slightly overrated on here. Great talent but you'd think he was the second coming of Henry reading this board.

I think Rashford is going to be a nightmare forward in a couple of years because his all-round game is better than Martial's. His movement is fantastic, his lightning quick & he can shoot with either foot on the dribble.

CS@SG

Just sell both, what for wasting time waiting for 2 U20 to come good? Just sell both and buy those ready made players, this is Jose's way.

Footyislife

But actually, it's not.
Currently ability: Martial by a mile. Rashford is too raw when played wide, only hyped because he's english.
Potential ability: Anybody's guess.

In the end a manager would be stupid to sell either. Too bad Mourinho insists on playing the likes of Lingard and Rooney. Would be neat to see what these two could do if they are developed properly.