Who would you like to win it - Argentina, Croatia, France or Morocco?

Who’d you like to win this World Cup?

• Total voters

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
1)Morocco
They consistently got results against stronger nations and have showed that commitment and passion can level the field against skill.
2)Argentina
I loathe to say this given they are very quick to put out political messages with no repercussions but it would make Ronaldo cry more to see Messi with a winners medal.
3)France
Purely for Giroud
4) Croatia
Worst team left in it, if they shithouse their way to a final with only a victory over Canada then they would be the WC equivalent of Greece ‘04. A truly forgettable team.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Cheers for everyone supporting Croatia, the rest of you are dead to me and if I could I would shit in all your handbags.

Ted Lasso

Honestly, would be fine with seeing any of them win it so long as the tournament continues to be this engaging and exciting.

Croatia
Morocco
France
Argentina

It would be great to see Modric win it, whilst the fawning over a past it Messi would be unbearable.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Croatia
Argentina
France
Qatar hit by asteroid wiping out humanity
Morocco

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
No. You only need to technically win 4 games (with the option of penalties) in a row to win the world cup. A bit of luck could help propel that. Leicester had to consistently be the best team in the league over a course of 38 games, which is an insane achievement.
You have to keep it in proportions.

In terms of players quality available at a given time for a country and how to make them gel in, the amount of teams who have first to quality for the WC, the fact that it's only every four years and knock-out games after the first tree, the global exposure and the prestige of being the best (national) team in the world and representing your country, there's no comparison. There's no player who wouldn't trade a league title for a WC.

Morocco winning the WC, a team without any superstar, the first ever for an african team, will put them directly in the legendary teams of the game and will be spoken about for the time being. Leicester's title winning campaign would be absolutely pale, and imo be nothing, compared to that kind of achievement. Especially if you detach from yourself from a PL centered footballing view.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Messi is finally showing the heart of a lion for his country. He was always the pretender to Maradona's crown and now I hope he takes it. Argentina for that reason.

Blackwidow

For me:
Marocco or Croatia would be fine - else I would prefer France over Argentina.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I'd rather stick my dick in a paper shredder than see Argentina lift the cup.

Morocco/Croatia - either of them would be great.
France - if they're facing the Argies in the final.

Tap

Morocco or Croatia. Either team winning it will create history, especially Morocco.

RopersReturn

Well the masterplan to stop Mbappe worked pretty well in the end. Mission accomplished!
The players will be happy to get 10 days of preparation for the Carabao Cup fourth round too. Always a silver lining.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
1. Morocco - Biggest shock ever in a World Cup

2. Argentina - Love to see Messi win a WC

3. Croatia - They kinda deserve a trophy don't they?

4. France - Winning it again, twice in a row? No thanks I wanna see a different winner.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Honestly, if Messi wins one then we are free to just stop talking about it all the time… which doesn’t seem like a BAD reason to support.

Croatia then Morocco for me. Both teams are just very likeable as well, which helps.

Really anyone but France.

I would LOVE for Hakim to get up on stage with his winners medal and pitch in with something snarky like “if only I was good enough to help my club against sides like Newcastle…”

We deserve a little proper egg on our face for that one

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
Morocco for me..I like the way they play together, how hard they try and that they are respectful to the other teams.

croadyman

Morocco but not sure how I will bring myself to watch these semi finals

LoneStar

Morocco, Argentina, France, Croatia - in this order.

Morocco - obvious underdogs, and would be great to see an African country lift it

Argentina - if ever they have a chance to win it, it's now. Would be happy for Messi winning it and Ronaldo having to watch it.

France - favorites for me. Feel like they can go up another gear. But be boring to watch the same team win again.

Croatia - Most boring team. It would be a snoozefest going to penalties. Don't want.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’d rather see Messi win it so the GOAT thing will be settled for ever. Would have won everything that was available to him.

Shiva87

You have to keep it in proportions.

In terms of players quality available at a given time for a country and how to make them gel in, the amount of teams who have first to quality for the WC, the fact that it's only every four years and knock-out games after the first tree, the global exposure and the prestige of being the best (national) team in the world and representing your country, there's no comparison. There's no player who wouldn't trade a league title for a WC.

Morocco winning the WC, a team without any superstar, the first ever for an african team, will put them directly in the legendary teams of the game and will be spoken about for the time being. Leicester's title winning campaign would be absolutely pale, and imo be nothing, compared to that kind of achievement. Especially if you detach from yourself from a PL centered footballing view.
And specially if you have to add to that that they qualified out of a group with Belgium and Croatia, have beaten Spain and Portugal already (two tournament favourites) and then will have to have beaten France (reigning champions) and one of Argentina or Croatia.

A Morocco v Croatia final however will be one of the most unexpected ones in WC history I think.

Shiva87

I’d rather see Messi win it so the GOAT thing will be settled for ever. Would have won everything that was available to him.
exactly why I rather not. Some Messi fans will be unbearable to speak to.

for him personally, it would be a wonderful story especially given the circumstances of his exit from Barcelona.

Redfrog

Have to pick France as none of the others are very good. Brazil and Portugal were much better and England slightly better than the other 3.

Morocco hasn't been the better side in basicly any of their games, nor the worse, just done well in 5 coin flips. Croatia also has been the better side just once. Tournaments are a lot about luck even if people love to overanalyse things.
Kind of agree but it’s more about mentality and belief then luck IMO.

Judas

Open to offers
The idea of this France team winning another world cup is utterly dull to me, they're not special, so I'm tempted to say anyone but them just so its interesting.

Morocco winning it would be amazing.